Asmus Thorin 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine showed no movement from the day it was sent and arrived home last saturday. No custom charges. It's a gorgeous figure.
:)

Mine showed no movement from 12-21-18 until this past Saturday, 1-5-19, when magically it arrived in Los Angeles.
It has now cleared customs and is on its way across the country to me. Hope to have it by the end of the week.

Oh, that's good news. That must mean the shipping container has arrived stateside. Here's hoping those of us on the East Coast get our figures soon then!

I live in NYC and my tracking still hasn't changed- usa or chungwa ( I purchased almost as soon as it went up).

December 20, 2018, 8:51 am
Processed Through Facility
TAIPEI INT AMF, TAIWAN

Mine just got to customs...it’s always a wait and see affair when it comes to asmus standard shipping.

I live in NYC and my tracking still hasn't changed- usa or chungwa ( I purchased almost as soon as it went up).

December 20, 2018, 8:51 am
Processed Through Facility
TAIPEI INT AMF, TAIWAN

I guess you’ll get yours slightly before me also NYC but scanned at 9:10 am on the 20th haha

I also was an instant preorder and instant payer, happen to be awaken when they usually go up and send invoices.

Picked mine up at the post office this morning and I love him! Fabulous figure! The costume details are tremendous. I'm having a tiny bit of trouble keeping his belt fastened -- I think I'll need a dab of glue -- but otherwise I'm very impressed. Very good likeness, sturdy body.

One detail I'm especially impressed with is the hair. It's going to take some futzing, but it's really soft and fine. Better than a lot of the synthetic hair I've seen on other figures. And his gray hair streaks are really nicely done. They're not all clumped together, but rather distributed throughout, just like the make up in the movie.

Very happy with this figure and I really hope we see a few more Dwarves from this line. (Fingers crossed for Dwalin and Balin. :pray:)

To all those who have just recieved their Thorin...get some photos up! ;)

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

To all those who have just recieved their Thorin...get some photos up! ;)

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

LOL:cool:. I was thinkin' the same - remembering some spectacular photos of GTG, Thranduil, and others.

Picked mine up at the post office this morning and I love him! Fabulous figure! The costume details are tremendous. I'm having a tiny bit of trouble keeping his belt fastened -- I think I'll need a dab of glue -- but otherwise I'm very impressed. Very good likeness, sturdy body.

One detail I'm especially impressed with is the hair. It's going to take some futzing, but it's really soft and fine. Better than a lot of the synthetic hair I've seen on other figures. And his gray hair streaks are really nicely done. They're not all clumped together, but rather distributed throughout, just like the make up in the movie.

Very happy with this figure and I really hope we see a few more Dwarves from this line. (Fingers crossed for Dwalin and Balin. )

Ditto! Well, I managed to pull off the lower strap on the Oakenshield:slap - NOT because it was poorly glued, just tugged too hard:cuckoo:. No worries. Agree about the hair; IMO is to-scale yet also perfect for those who might have screamed !Barbie hair!:monkey3 E.g., after hauling Thorin outside today (because there was light snow and I HAD to take a "snow pic"), after an IMMEDIATE drying off, the very slight moisture seemed to soften the hair. So folks might wanna try a spritz of plain water before anything.

The Hobbit movies produced some great fan art - this was always a fav of mine tho I never learned who made this:

Thorin_ice_shard_smallv.jpg

So I needed to:

Thorin_ASMUS_snow2.jpg

Thorin_ASMUS_snow3.jpg

And then there were the "woods" backdrops I got from Monkey Depot (these are from DID figs originally - but shipping is like 3X the cost for these backdrops so I wouldn't order unless you really want one or it's part of another order!)

ASMUS_Thorin_Bilbo_woods1.jpg

"We're going around in circles...we are lost!"

ASMUS_Thorin_Bilbo_woods2.jpg

"What are you doing in my admittedly creepy woods!? What do you mean, you're tourists?"

LOL Asmus these figs are like a lifetime hobby just working with them:love. Hope everyone gets this Thorin in soon:(; he's amazing IMO. No movement on my PO'd Thorin and Bilbo from Sideshow either so guess they are just part of all the delays:dunno.

So my preorder day one Thorin is still stuck somewhere in the shipping process with no updates since December 20th but the one I bought from the Boxing Day Sale is arriving Thursday... unless it’s really the first one but that would not make sense since the first number was usps and this second one is being shipped FedEx... but I selected free shipping on both of them. Suffice it to say I am confused but one of my two Thorins is arriving finally. Hopefully I can figure out which one it is so I can ask Asmus what happened to the other one.

So my preorder day one Thorin is still stuck somewhere in the shipping process with no updates since December 20th but the one I bought from the Boxing Day Sale is arriving Thursday... unless it’s really the first one but that would not make sense since the first number was usps and this second one is being shipped FedEx... but I selected free shipping on both of them. Suffice it to say I am confused but one of my two Thorins is arriving finally. Hopefully I can figure out which one it is so I can ask Asmus what happened to the other one.

My day one Thorin is also stuck since the 20th. I was already annoyed that an item i preordered was on sale before i received mine, it’s even more annoying that your sale figure is being delivered before your preorder figure. It just tells us there’s no reason and even a disadvantage to preordering from Asmus.

Well I wouldn’t stop peordering directly from them based on one experience. I have ordered every single one of their Middle Earth figures directly and only one other time there were issues and it arrived after people that did not preorder so their track record is not too bad at least from my experience. I honestly think the only reason this one is arriving first is because it was shipped FedEx but I know I always select the free shipping so I do not know why it went FedEx. I am happy it did get shipped that way or else it would probably be in limbo with my other one. Once this one arrives and I can confirm it is the sale one I am going to contact Asmus about the other one to see if there is anything they can do. Maybe there is a rogue ship out there that is full of Thorins.

Back