Asmus Thorin 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from Overseas and noticed this on their website.
Price has gone up for the figure along with that new sculpt.
Great to see @Asmus dipping into LOTR again in a small way,let's hope this is the start of a resurgence and that WB has shown some leniency towards them.

Upgrade Thorin head arrived! It needs styled but I like it. The back is not so crazy thick and it is the right length.
Also it came with a LotR hat too.
20240430_171518.jpg
20240430_173231.jpg

Got mine, too!

Looks great!

But - and I'm just being honest here - I can't really see much of a difference from the original. In the paint work or the hairing. At least to my old eyes. Maybe I just got a really good one on my initial figure. Still one of my favorite figures in their entire Middle-Earth line!

Got mine, too!

Looks great!

But - and I'm just being honest here - I can't really see much of a difference from the original. In the paint work or the hairing. At least to my old eyes. Maybe I just got a really good one on my initial figure. Still one of my favorite figures in their entire Middle-Earth line!
I don’t have the original so I have nothing to compare it to. Unlike the GTG upgrade head though which was a huge upgrade in likeness I can’t see much here.

Last edited:
Got mine, too!

Looks great!

To me it look improved but I was also really happy with the original sculpt. The rooting for the hair however is quite improved.
I feel you on the old eyes thing too.

t120.jpg

t219.jpg

thank you Asmus for the little gift

t318.jpg

the differences

t417.jpg

t517.jpg

t617.jpg

t717.jpg

t817.jpg

t917.jpg

t1016.jpg

basically it's better, but there's not a huge difference...

Fantastic pictures!!!!!!:clap:clap:clap

Well, no, not a huge difference, tho the paint has him - real smouldery.:lol

I'm desperate to get my hands on these - like, since I own multiple Thorins he can have sort of different looks.

But still not in stock and Gandalf heads aren't in stock either.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:huh

It's a terrible thing when you WANT to throw money at a company.

Back