Asmus Morgul Lord unbox !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I know Josh and its been a 24 hour love-fest over this piece. I finally state my opinion when some final pics come out and people are offended that I dare state my opinion. But hey if you have the SS 1:6 pieces then I imagine this piece looks like a masterpiece in comparison. Its all bunk to me. 1:6 is a tough scale and little of it really works, regardless of the license. And I'm not a "statues rule" kind of guy. The 1:6 snowtroopers are amazing and look better than the PF IMO.

You want to argue with cstojano -- just look at the prices for knickerbocker LOTR toys that he's "always buying" in his sig.

I am always buying. Most wouldn't believe prices on private deals on vintage pieces from that line.

More pics...

Asmus-Morgul-Lord-6-533x800.jpg

Asmus-Morgul-Lord-7-533x800.jpg

Asmus-Morgul-Lord-8-533x800.jpg

Asmus-Morgul-Lord-9-533x800.jpg

Asmus-Morgul-Lord-10-533x800.jpg

Asmus-Morgul-Lord-11-533x800.jpg

Asmus-Morgul-Lord-12-650x433.jpg

Asmus-Morgul-Lord-13-533x800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking better, is that first pic a photoshop or what? Hilarious. I actually see the value in these detail shots. The overall shots, though, don't show as well.

I don't think you can even talk about vintage and modern collectibles in the same value system.

I don't think you can even talk about vintage and modern collectibles in the same value system.

True. But "value" is subjective. I think the modern 1/6 market has a certain "vintage" mentality to it -- meaning a lot of those collecting figures are collecting based on fond memories of days gone by (like for Star Wars or Burton Batman or Bond or Indy... etc...)

I think the figure has poseable digits, hence the first picture. But the last one in the first set looks really good overall.

Too true. I'd spend 1000 on something truly rare (and vintage) before spending 10 dollars on a bookmark. I also won't spend money on cable TV or a phone. We all have different quirks this way ;) You should see how long it takes me to find a pair of shoes.

You should see how long it takes me to find a pair of shoes.

Funny you say that, I'm the same way. I'll wear my shoes until there's holes before having to find and break in a new pair.

Here's the shot I really like, looks like an actually pose.

Material on the sleeve looks to be perhaps a little bulky but overall I think Asmus did a really good job here. Granted, it's a simple figure... but that's partly why it looks so good.

Simple can sometimes be quite difficult. I mean I know that most of the on screen LOTR costumes are nothing short of detail but I'd say this even has quite a bit of detail for one of the 'simpler' LOTR costume designs

WOW!

I'm really impress with it right out of the box! This production piece looks better to me than the proto. Hat's off to you and Asmus for really doing an amazing job on this. Just outstanding!!!

:exactly::goodpost::exactly::goodpost:

couldn't of said it better so I won't even try

Funny you say that, I'm the same way. I'll wear my shoes until there's holes before having to find and break in a new pair.

Here's the shot I really like, looks like an actually pose.

Material on the sleeve looks to be perhaps a little bulky but overall I think Asmus did a really good job here. Granted, it's a simple figure... but that's partly why it looks so good.

Yeah I admit this does look good. I have never been able to futz my 1:6 as much as I would like, plus some loose joints can ruin a week's worth of fiddling. And clearly they must be doing an Eowyn right????

Not sure about Eowyn but some LOTR ladies would be welcome.

I forget the exact stats but I seem to recall that Asmus is doing 5 figures a year (I think a year) for the next 4 years for a total of 20 figures. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The real test of the longevity will be their human figures. I suspect even their Gimli will be fine... but I have concerns based on past efforts about their Aragorn. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. Asmus does seem to have upped their game.

I won't argue Morgul Lord is an easy piece compare to some of the extremely detailed characters like Gandalf, Gimli...etc.

But Morgual Lord it is what we want to begin with, a simple but strong figure. There is a lot of improvements can be topped when I played it. But I am happy that we keep the price at a reasonable range in comparison to most of the big name companies in the market. Because in my opinion, we are not at $220 yet.

However, I still wish you all enjoy this figure as much as I do. It may not be an investment, but it is definitely a good play and display! I would want to see more of our LOTR line emerges, to make an entire shelf of them !

Yeah I know Josh and its been a 24 hour love-fest over this piece. I finally state my opinion when some final pics come out and people are offended that I dare state my opinion. But hey if you have the SS 1:6 pieces then I imagine this piece looks like a masterpiece in comparison. Its all bunk to me. 1:6 is a tough scale and little of it really works, regardless of the license. And I'm not a "statues rule" kind of guy. The 1:6 snowtroopers are amazing and look better than the PF IMO.

I don't think anyones offended. I just don't think anyone can really take you seriously if you're going to state a $10 figure looks the same as this. Either way it doesn't matter when I buy I buy for me and what I'm looking for.

Still, you have to admit, if pricing is a concern, knickerbocker would seem "overpriced" to say the least.
Different strokes for different folks. I wouldn't spend $10 on any of those figures.

I won't argue Morgul Lord is an easy piece compare to some of the extremely detailed characters like Gandalf, Gimli...etc.

But Morgual Lord it is what we want to begin with, a simple but strong figure. There is a lot of improvements can be topped when I played it. But I am happy that we keep the price at a reasonable range in comparison to most of the big name companies in the market. Because in my opinion, we are not at $220 yet.

However, I still wish you all enjoy this figure as much as I do. It may not be an investment, but it is definitely a good play and display! I would want to see more of our LOTR line emerges, to make an entire shelf of them !

I am happy about this too! I love Lord of the Rings and it will always be my number one collection focus but even with it being number one there is no way I would be able to keep up with it if they were churning out $250 figures like Hot Toys is with Marvel. I think for the price point it looks fantastic and I can't wait to see how it is in person. Hopefully Asmus gets better with each release as they learn what improvements to make and hopefully they can maintain the resaonable price point. I would'nt mind paying a higher price now and then for a "Hot Toys" quality headscuplt when the figure calls for it but except for the human figures the likeness doesn't have to be spot on for me.

And clearly they must be doing an Eowyn right????

One of my biggest wants for the line. Hopefully they will do two head sculpts one with the helmet on and one with it off. I would think with her hair it would be too hard to pull off a good removable helmet.

IMO this character is perfect for 1/6 scale for the following reasons:

-No human likeness to worry about

-He is armored & robed, so no highly noticeable joints

I think with a slight bit of futzing and this will look even more incredible. Any bulkyness to the robe and fly-away frayed edges can easily be improved with a little water.

I can't wait for this guy to arrive.:yess:

This looks like a friggin super hero! Impressive... most impressive!
C'mon BBTS!

Back