Asmus - Gandalf the White - Crown Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry guys,
I got a no for a sneak peak,
words of our poor quality control is spreading,
so my boss has decided to skip the pre-orders for all the products in 2022.

So next time we show you something new,
it will be an end product
Bummer but probably for the best. Please strive for consistent movie accuracy with this and future releases and people will (hopefully) find less to complain about.

What I can tell at this point is,

1. Gandalf the white will be have a new headsculpt
2. Shadowfax combo will be very difficult, you will be looking at a price range around $500, and that would be pushing the edge.
Will Gandalf the white have an updated outfit or only headsculpt?
I hope his ring is included too 🙌

sorry guys,

I can't help but consider this a good thing, and think this should be the industry standard.
Though we all enjoy sneak the pics and teases you kindly share - to know what we are ordering IS the final product itself is very reassuring and will probably boost customer confidence. I wish every company did the same - goodness knows that sometimes it feels like playing a game of chance when you preorder from some companies - even Hot Toys figures can undergo a huge transformation from prototype to final product.

2. Shadowfax combo will be very difficult, you will be looking at a price range around $500, and that would be pushing the edge.
Could you tell us a possible release window of Gandalf The White?

This is distressing news about there being no preorder, as there’s zero doubt that I will buy this figure. Assuming it is comparable to Crown series Gandalf the Gray. Which it surely will be.

This will be an amazing figure. Asmus has already shown that they can make a perfect Ian McKellan Gandalf head sculpt. They’ve always done clothing and gear at an extremely high level. Maybe they have concerns about how good a job they can do with Shadowfax. But if they do even a reasonably good job with Shadowfax as well… Are you kidding me? Collectors will be all over it.

Also, Asmus will have learned from their mistakes with the moveable eyes for Gandalf the Gray. No need for that feature really, so for Gandalf the White presumably the eyes will be static and perfect. No hat to worry about.

At the very least: please email those of us here on this forum that are clearly going to buy it (I probably would even sight unseen) so that at least we know when the figure will release. That way we can be on top of it and be assured of getting our order in before it sells out.

Also imho in the case of a figure like this one that will clearly be in such high demand, the no preorder decision is an overreaction. Asmus should rethink that.

Last edited:
I'm all in on deluxe with Shadowfax.

As for the outfit, remember to adjust a few aspects like using gold thread on the vest rather than black, the 'skirt' should be off white, the belt is grey and maybe considering die cast buckles etc. I felt the plastic buckles on GTG really let's it down. Oh and fabric boots!

I'm all in on deluxe with Shadowfax.

As for the outfit, remember to adjust a few aspects like using gold thread on the vest rather than black, the 'skirt' should be off white, the belt is grey and maybe considering die cast buckles etc. I felt the plastic buckles on GTG really let's it down. Oh and fabric boots!
And Narya !

If the eyes are improved I’ll be happy.

I’m sure a good few people would be down for Shadowfax.

I can't help but consider this a good thing, and think this should be the industry standard.
Though we all enjoy sneak the pics and teases you kindly share - to know what we are ordering IS the final product itself is very reassuring and will probably boost customer confidence. I wish every company did the same - goodness knows that sometimes it feels like playing a game of chance when you preorder from some companies - even Hot Toys figures can undergo a huge transformation from prototype to final product.
I actually like the idea of not pre-ordering either, but I do think it would be great if companies would still show the prototypes and works in progress. Ultimately, these things aren’t mass produced and made for a very niche audience. I think feedback can help if there’s something everyone feels should be tweaked. But I agree that ditching the pre-orders is actually a good thing. I just still hope we can give @Asmus feedback on looks and accessories and things. We’ve been supportive and a mutual relationship still benefits everyone in the end.

This is distressing news about there being no preorder, as there’s zero doubt that I will buy this figure. Assuming it is comparable to Crown series Gandalf the Gray. Which it surely will be.

This will be an amazing figure. Asmus has already shown that they can make a perfect Ian McKellan Gandalf head sculpt. They’ve always done clothing and gear at an extremely high level. Maybe they have concerns about how good a job they can do with Shadowfax. But if they do even a reasonably good job with Shadowfax as well… Are you kidding me? Collectors will be all over it.

Also, Asmus will have learned from their mistakes with the moveable eyes for Gandalf the Gray. No need for that feature really, so for Gandalf the White presumably the eyes will be static and perfect. No hat to worry about.

At the very least: please email those of us here on this forum that are clearly going to buy it (I probably would even sight unseen) so that at least we know when the figure will release. That way we can be on top of it and be assured of getting our order in before it sells out.

Also imho in the case of a figure like this one that will clearly be in such high demand, the no preorder decision is an overreaction. Asmus should rethink that.
I think he meant pre-orders would go live when they have a final serial production representative product ready.

No doubt people are complaining about production figures not being the same as whatever prototype level images were used. Hence the perceived "qualty control" complaints. No idea what those differences would be though ???

I think he meant pre-orders would go live when they have a final serial production representative product ready.

No doubt people are complaining about production figures not being the same as whatever prototype level images were used. Hence the perceived "qualty control" complaints. No idea what those differences would be though ???
I’m sure it has to do with Ash. I for one think when the dust would have all cleared Asmus would have pretty much did what it did without the **** storm that occurred. I highly doubt they would just let Henrietta be bald if people wouldn’t have complained. Just my opinion though.

sorry guys,

I lost an NRD because of how bad Ash turned out. I just want you to know I was really looking forward to it, and none of the feedback your customers provided when it was first revealed was taken on board. Tell your boss that.

That’s really bad
It’s because the negative feedback regarding Ash figure 😏
At least Asmus can show us the accessories, Diorama and clothes.
Any idea when we would expect the figure to be released ? (I don’t want to hurt my bank account)
Almost Every 1/6 Company get negative feedback, even Hot Toys ( Not to mention Tony Stark head sculpt and Wonder Woman)
Anyway good luck

Clothing for GTW will be newly made,
only the hands and Glamdring will be re-used.

There will be no movable eyes this time, we tried both movable eyes and non-movable eyes,
and non-movable eyes definitely has better likness.

I say we are looking at something like June or July.
Hopefully we can get something to show at SDCC.

Thanks for the update Asmus! 👍 I am sure it will be fantastic, so am looking forward to seeing him…I’ve already got the cash ready to buy him in my specially set up ‘Gandalf the White Fund’:lol

Clothing for GTW will be newly made,
only the hands and Glamdring will be re-used.

There will be no movable eyes this time, we tried both movable eyes and non-movable eyes,
and non-movable eyes definitely has better likness.

I say we are looking at something like June or July.
Hopefully we can get something to show at SDCC.
That's great news! Will you use the new hands from GTG? The ones that came with the original GTW look a bit dated now.

Hahah, yeah I took this literally:

“so my boss has decided to skip the pre-orders for all the products in 2022. So next time we show you something new, it will be an end product.”

But I’m sure you’re right that it’s just the promo pics he’s talking about.

Back