Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm definitely going to be putting my order in for this figure in the next few days (directly from Asmus so it includes the bow). I remember seeing unpainted pictures of the sculpt a while back and thought it looked great so in my opinion a lot of this comes down to paint with the hair colour being two dark (which won't be a huge issue as I will have the hair rooted) and the beard not being shaped quite right (it needs to be more square across his jaw line creating the illusion of squarer jaw and also more 'delicate' when it comes to the moustache part of his beard) which is throwing off the likeness a little - it can all be fixed in the paint. The figure itself looks really good a definite upgrade over the Sideshow (which I still have on the shelf because I really like this character). The photo with the overcoat and hood up looks awesome love the inclusion of the coat. My only gripe is the boot being a one piece and inflexible which I figure is the best that can be achieved for the price ... but I love ankle pivot sadness haha.

Asmus as always thanks for being on this board and giving us behind the scenes info and early look at upcoming figures, it's really appreciated and think that will be reflected in sales from us, the hardcore collectors - we want to support you because you listen and your figures have improved so much from the earliest releases. So glad you are going so deep into this line. Please let Haldir (armoured up for Helms Deep), Gollum and Lurtz be lined up for the future (a re-release of the Witch King, Nazgul and steed would be awesome too).

Any news on the boots?

I am running through all the Lurtz and Uruk Hai stuff I know of and nothing is matching up with the small figures behind Faramir. I’d love to know what it is from.

Whoa! Didn't even see this went up for order two days ago!

Looks great at first glance. Definitely want to order this one, even though he wasn't on my list originally -- but its such a great outfit that I think I'd be kicking myself if I passed on him. Plus, I want that bow for what its worth.

QUESTION for Asmus: what is the edition size for the run? Exclusive? Thanks, you know I love keeping track.

Last edited:
They were flirting with getting into statues before. That Azog piece they teased.

Or maybe it's from another company and they're using it for reference?

Curious.

Some digital sculpts from the Asmus FB page. Please, please, please tell me you are using this version rather than the horrible sculpt on the current prototype!!
e9135ad431591108d9315a4998a74b2c.jpg
6c492afb2db006de7139b4fbef914188.jpg
4a38db3c56f3f6757951c34790715f97.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Some digital sculpts from the Asmus FB page. Please, please, please tell me you are using this version rather than the horrible sculpt on the current prototype!!
e9135ad431591108d9315a4998a74b2c.jpg
6c492afb2db006de7139b4fbef914188.jpg
4a38db3c56f3f6757951c34790715f97.jpg

well,
sorry about the horrible sculpt, but if you know better, it is the same sculpt

I thought both looked great. I think the reason the two might appear different to some is that the color contrast in the digital rendering brings out a lot of the fine detail work where the painted prototype shots kind of blend away some of the details at least for me looking on my phone.

Faramir and Helms Deep Aragorn are the figures I am looking forward to the most out from any company, property or scale and Gandalf is right behind them. I really, really hope we get an Eowyn 2.0 eventually (hopefully in her white outfit with some kind of Edoras base or maybe a Rohan flag).

Ha I came here to warm people before they started saying how this sculpt is so much better than the proto figure. Too late.
I guess it’s just the paint that fuqs it up.
Either way I finally ordered one from KG. Decided to make the bow myself and save on the customs charge. It’ll be interesting to compare when Asmus finally shows off some pics of the bow.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sorry, didn't mean to upset the apple cart there but if you compare the two side by side, the painted version looks very different.

Maybe it's the angles, the paint or the lighting but prototype looks to have a completely different chin and jawline which is way too puffy and round and that is what is throwing the likeness off. It's already been noted on here and your FB page that the likeness needs a tweak and I think these digital files show why. The jaw and chin look correct on the digital version but not on the painted and that is what is strange about it.

This will be my 19th Asmus figure and I want the line to be as good as possible as I know these are the only versions of these characters we are likely to see any time soon. So forgive my hot headedness and keep up the good work!

Comparison image by Urbano Barrios.

200caf0374acf36f0a5f976af52e269f.jpg

I thought both looked great. I think the reason the two might appear different to some is that the color contrast in the digital rendering brings out a lot of the fine detail work where the painted prototype shots kind of blend away some of the details at least for me looking on my phone.

Faramir and Helms Deep Aragorn are the figures I am looking forward to the most out from any company, property or scale and Gandalf is right behind them. I really, really hope we get an Eowyn 2.0 eventually (hopefully in her white outfit with some kind of Edoras base or maybe a Rohan flag).

Mine too...I really hope they do another Eowyn too, I wasn't collecting the line when the first version was released. :)

Back