Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is where I am, too. Quiver was a little frustrating, but once I sorted that, I don't have any issues with the likeness. Solid figure.

Well wish SSC would get him in; I like all my ASMUS figs. Esp. the details. Like am still sure if ASMUS had done Zorro, I would have less work ahead of me re tweaking *sigh*. And Zorro doesn't have split boots, just because corners were cut - not the design.:rolleyes2

I really appreciate your figures Asmus, I have acquired the whole Fellowship (other than Gandalf since I'm waiting on the Crown version).
I really like the Faramir figure, but my only complaint which is also true about the Slim Version Aragorn and the Eomer figure I also own is about the thickness and color of beards, which needs to be a little bit darker and denser on the characters that have stubbles and short beards.
Thank you so much for your great figures and your amazing costumer service.

This Faramir looks incredible! BUT, I'm really not a fan of sculpted hair. I'm not saying Asmus have been the best in the past with rooted hair (eg. Aragorn slim, Saruman, from experience) but they are 100% capable of doing this at a quality on par of some custom works I've seen.

I emailed and asked Asmus if they had any plans of releasing a rooted Faramir and they said they do not. If I do get Faramir, I'd be likely to display him with his hood up for this reason. I just wanted to see if anyone plans to buy and get him custom rooted?

This Faramir looks incredible! BUT, I'm really not a fan of sculpted hair. I'm not saying Asmus have been the best in the past with rooted hair (eg. Aragorn slim, Saruman, from experience) but they are 100% capable of doing this at a quality on par of some custom works I've seen.

I emailed and asked Asmus if they had any plans of releasing a rooted Faramir and they said they do not. If I do get Faramir, I'd be likely to display him with his hood up for this reason. I just wanted to see if anyone plans to buy and get him custom rooted?

Am not a fan of sculpted hair - depends on character tho. And the quality of the hair sculpting.

I figure if it bothers me enough - and for me, Faramir's hair doesn't - one day I will tackle putting rooted hair on him myself. My Legolas I think would be the first up for a rooting job. Faramir I think looks pretty good as is, from the pics I've seen.

Am not a fan of sculpted hair - depends on character tho. And the quality of the hair sculpting.

I figure if it bothers me enough - and for me, Faramir's hair doesn't - one day I will tackle putting rooted hair on him myself. My Legolas I think would be the first up for a rooting job. Faramir I think looks pretty good as is, from the pics I've seen.

Yeah I agree it is a great sculpted job on the hair, one of the best. But regardless of personal preference and knowing that they have no intentions as of now to do a rooted version, he is a must buy but will look great with his hood up until I?m ready to get him customised [emoji846].

In my opinion Faramir’s hair came out much better than Legolas’ and is probably one of their best hair sculpts so far. Take it with a grain of salt though because I do prefer sculpted hair in general (probably because I suck at stylizing rooted hair).

In my opinion Faramir’s hair came out much better than Legolas’ and is probably one of their best hair sculpts so far. Take it with a grain of salt though because I do prefer sculpted hair in general (probably because I suck at stylizing rooted hair).

IMO sculpted can look very good; HT IMO has done a fine job with all of the Winter Soldiers, for instance. Or Thor. A bad rooted hair job using sparse cheap fiber isn't useful. Some figs like Eowyn, Thorin and Gimli would look terrible with plastic hair IMO.

Faramir arrived today. I?m very happy with the figure. The belt for the quiver was a bit of a pain and I would have liked a hand designed to hold his long bow.
But other than that I?m happy.

Also what?s the story with the free jump suit?

I agree. I noticed that as well.

I never had an issue with the sculpt. It was the other little things that added up to make it a frustrating release.

Lots of good stuff there, though.

Yeah, the welded belt buckle, the backwards quiver strap, the intensely green belt, non-articulated boots, the missing trim on the quiver pouch, those bright white or yellow ties all seem to be poor choices on an otherwise pretty good figure.

I got Boromir recently and was on the fence about picking up his brother, Faramir. The reviews in here have swayed me to pass.

I would recommend getting Faramir, regardless, WG. It can truly be a great figure with some tweaks. Mine is in the queue to update, as I liked the character and the figure does look good, as is. Plus, it is the first figure that actually has a numbered limited edition!

Going in knowing that it has some correctable faults should make it a less frustrating acquisition.

Are people just using the Sideshow parts as replacements? Like the scabbard belt?

Fremen's video is probably the only thing I've seen so far that makes me interested in this piece.

Still, and it may seem silly, but GoT has taken up the space that would have gone to LOTR. I have to pick-and-choose carefully or end up with figures that never make it to the shelf (like my new Boromir currently). I'm trying to make the LOTR display look a little more interesting and another green and brown "woodsman" (like Aragorn and Legolas) on the shelf just becomes a blur or similar types and colors. Boromir's red really pop against the more muted forest colors. At this point I think I might even consider a new Merry and Pippin before Faramir if only because they are small and their yellow and purple colors will add some brightness to the display.... AND it would complete my Fellowship. Ooops, no, I forgot about Samwise.

BTW, when was the last time Asmus offered up an Orc? Was it Grishnakh? That was 2016!!! No Orcs in 4 years? The only villain in 4 years we have gotten is the Twilight Witchking?

Last edited:
The Fellowship Nine is a must-have, no doubt.

One could stop there and have a great LOTR collection and display.

I totally understand the display space limitations. I currently have the amazing Mouth of Sauron on Steed still in the box because I have no place to display him at the moment. Mounted figures are space hogs, especially with the added height.

We are probably collecting the opposites, when it comes to LOTR and GoT. LOTR is my main "fantasy" line while GoT is yours. We both dipped into the other line because of the cool looking figures. I just can't afford collecting both PLUS the other figure types out there (Star Wars, Star Trek, etc...)

Good question regarding the last LOTR villain figure. They did release a Slim Mouth of Sauron right before WiKi figure. My only regret so far is missing their Guritz "Skully" figure. Always liked that character's design.

Skully was so long ago. We really need more orcs and villains. Perhaps they don't sell that well. If they did, Asmus would surely be cracking them out.

I would say my main fantasy line is Star Wars. I really don't count Star Wars as Sci-Fi. Its in the same camp as LOTR for me. Fantasy Adventure. I think I have lost steam with LOTR because for the last 4 years there has only been one villain produced. :lol

LOTR and GoT is difficult to sort. So similar, yet so different. GoT is more... "today"; its less stilted, more accessible, more twisted; very gray... where LOTR is much more straight-forward heroes/villains, vaulted language, like a grand epic poem... while GoT is salacious and naughty. I still view GoT as a knock-off of LOTR in many ways. But there are a lot more characters that I got attached to in GoT.

I'd still rate LOTR as superior in both books and movies. But I do think I enjoyed GoT more watching it. Didn't really realize that until just now.

Back