Ask Sideshow 02/17/10 = New life for the Indy line!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must haves are definitely Marion and Sallah... ( Raiders Sallah, not LC Sallah).. as for Marion.. that seems to be a pretty debatable topic as to what version.. I am for Nepal bar Marion.. to me that is the quintessential version.. that is when she was at her best.. tough, salty, in charge... plus PLENTY PLENTY PLENTY of potential for accessories... medallion, shot glass, mauser pistol, burning log to bludgeon thugs, cigar box for her money, liquor bottle... just a lot of stuff they could do there.. what would Cairo marion have.. just a monkey and a pan.. zzzzz... and well of souls marion.. well.. she could have the airplane wheel chocks, torch, but thats about it..
After them Mola Ram is needed...then Shorty from TOD.. I'd love to see a generic TOD thuggie guard.. but that is a serious stretch and really not too difficult to undertake as a custom...
LC needs an Elsa in the final scenes Nazi garb... ( false grail as an accessory :) ) KOTCS obviously needs Spalko and Mac.. ahhh the list could go on and on :) :)

Oooh yea, Raven Bar Marion would be fantastic. I'd take a Mola Ram and Indy from TOD but that's about it I think, and they'd have to be pretty fantastic. Like I said TOD ain't my favourite Indy film, in fact I'd probably go so far as to say KOTCS just edges it (I did say just) IMO. So from all the films my wants are:

ROTLA:
Raven Bar Marion
Sallah

TOD:
Indy (rope bridge version with ripped shirt sleeve)
Mola Ram

TLC:
Indy (jacket with working mini-zip so he can have that half open look)
Elsa final scene Nazi outfit
Marcus Brody
Grail Knight (extreme long shot!)

KOTCS:
Spalko
Mac (just 'cos it's Ray Winstone)

Only Nepal Marion's clothes are her own. While the white dress is iconic, it's from Belloq and the red Cairo outfit looks like something she bought in Egypt.

And no more TLC or KotCS please, at least until the other 2 films are exhausted. Only a handful of diehards would get Elsa, Mac, etc.

i guess the main question is when the next figure is going to be announced. i know sideshow say there is no timeframe for the next figure but how long will they make us wait. (keeping us sweet with the tod pf well help mind!)

I'm going to take a guess that the next 12" will be Mola Ram.

I would say if the next one isn't announced for another year you would be correct. Or they will announced a ToD Indy in 6-8 months...see how they goes then go with the Mola Ram in a year.

fool-pied-piper.jpg

Right around SDCC was when the last figure was announced, so I'm hoping maybe for this year's Con they'll announce TOD Indy and Mola Ram. It would have been a full year for them to regroup and develop the figures. I'd say that's a big enough "pause".

Of course, that's all just wishful thinking!

You know what I would buy in an instant? A dio of Indy fighting the Nazi dude Vogel aboard the tank from Last Crusade? The scene where he's smashing Vogel's face into the turret and the wind blows his hat off. I think that would be epic.

Back