Ash Vs Evil Dead (TV Series w/ Bruce)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Evil Dead series w/ Bruce coming

Oh baby!

Bruce Campbell Reveals Full "Ash Vs Evil Dead" Details! -

This is an opportunity to do something with full street cred. [Fan reaction to last year’s 'Evil Dead' remake] was all, “Yeah yeah, that was nice, fellas, but we still want the real deal.” This is it. Sam’s back. I’m back. [Executive producer Rob Tapert’s] back. Love it or hate it, this will be the real deal.

You’ll find even more – where Campbell talks time travel, his character and making sure they don’t use too much CGI

'Evil Dead' scoop: Bruce Campbell reveals series details | Inside TV | EW.com

:yess: :rock:rock:rock

As much as I love the Evil Dead series and Bruce Campbell, I can't help but feel he is too old to continue the character. I'm guessing I'm alone on this.

i was hoping for a movie but we will see

just as long as he can get back in character and be goofy instead of trying to play it cool it will all work out
my fear would be that this is a tired, older wiser Ash which will be pointless at this point. I hope he is as clueless as he was before

Re: Evil Dead series w/ Bruce coming

As much as I love the Evil Dead series and Bruce Campbell, I can't help but feel he is too old to continue the character. I'm guessing I'm alone on this.

You're not alone, he is too old. I don't know what the fascination is these days with people wanting to see the heroes of their youth come back as pale shadows of their former glory. Much as with the new Terminator and Star Wars movies, I'll just hope for the best, but I have a feeling it will just be depressing seeing all of these characters as old fogies.

I'd say it's sadder that nothing better's come along to take their place, if we're going to go down that road. And in regards to age, it's subjective. I'm 43, now, so more tolerant of ageing heroes and in the end, it'll all come down to the writing, acting and directing (also, I think SW is a bad example -- Hamill, Ford and Fisher are all 'elder statesmen' types in the film, not the marquee action heroes, so it's similar to what Trek did, IMO -- unless you're saying there shouldn't be any older characters at all in the SW universe -- *coughs* Guinness). It's interesting to see Campbell come back. I've always liked him, so I'll give it a shot. If it's not that great, I can just turn it off. It's not like I'll feel Evil Dead I and II have been desecrated or something.

It's definitely 20 years too late. Hopefully it isn't a complete bust, I truly want it to be good.

As long as it has aesthetics of 80s and Raimi's old attitude. Because now, when "Captain America" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" dominated the year, is a perfect time for something extremely oldschoolish.

Can not wait for this. I'd always hoped they'd do Evil Dead 4, but an actual to series which sounds like it's returning to more of the horror roots of the first two films, is beyond anything I could have hoped for.

Back