Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreeed, I don't think SHS is doing anything to help the situation by creating more drama. I understand their frustration. but to meet customer frustration with there own and making decisions that prioritize some customers over other is not a good idea.

And great that supposedly 5 figures will go out on Monday... if, and they stressed the if, they get in some additional box to ship the gravestone. I honestly don't expect to ever get the figure; I believe my order number was somewhere in the 400s; so at a pace of 5 figures a week (being generous) that would mean I'd get mine in roughly 8 years.

This is the exact reason why I gave up the ghost on any future orders as well. The drama, the extremely lengthy timetable of "releases", and the "offended" state of the company representatives is all off putting. Let's be real...aside from flinging poopy or threatening someone with bodily harm, SHS brought a bunch of this on themselves and deserves the lion's share of negative criticism and dissatisfaction they have been dealt.

Early in the 90's a little garage kit "company" called Resin From the Grave had a really bad rep for not delivering kits promptly. I think the longest anyone had to wait for product to appear after they paid for it may have been 18 months. They were considered the bane of the hobby. SHS has them beat hands down with their timetable.

I think the product looks great. SHS has an uphill battle making folks trust them again. Calling people "jerks", and saying they are going to the back of the line (after holding out for 5 years) is unprofessional. As unprofessional as a five year wait. It would've been better to eat the resentment, ship folks their figures, and never take pre-orders again. I know McDee from other forums. He's always courteous and patient. If SHS managed to tick him off....they could probably make the Pope turn to binge drinking.

I was referring to the ones of late that were cancelled and he stated were given refunds. I guess I should have worded it more carefully. My mistake. No issues with SHS other than false promises and their business practices. I could provide details but what point would there be? It's already been enough. I also never made mention of any lawsuit, rather I discussed the filing of criminal charges. Nevertheless you are right, I should, and will, stop "yammering" about it. I had made that decision last night after my post. My apologies to you or anyone else who became irritated by my posts. I have been given contacts with the LA county DA office. I will proceed from there. Good luck to you and everyone else. I hope you get your figures.

Well my order was just cancelled on June 15 also because I voiced the opinion that waiting 5 years was out of line.... I haven't received a refund either ? So I'm asking Brian Dooley here because he isn't responding to my emails and have no other choice but to ask publicly ... I'd rather have the product but if not then send my money back , my apologies to this forum. Brian we can continue this discussion privately so please email me, Thanks... Denis

This is the exact reason why I gave up the ghost on any future orders as well. The drama, the extremely lengthy timetable of "releases", and the "offended" state of the company representatives is all off putting. Let's be real...aside from flinging poopy or threatening someone with bodily harm, SHS brought a bunch of this on themselves and deserves the lion's share of negative criticism and dissatisfaction they have been dealt.

Early in the 90's a little garage kit "company" called Resin From the Grave had a really bad rep for not delivering kits promptly. I think the longest anyone had to wait for product to appear after they paid for it may have been 18 months. They were considered the bane of the hobby. SHS has them beat hands down with their timetable.

I think the product looks great. SHS has an uphill battle making folks trust them again. Calling people "jerks", and saying they are going to the back of the line (after holding out for 5 years) is unprofessional. As unprofessional as a five year wait. It would've been better to eat the resentment, ship folks their figures, and never take pre-orders again. I know McDee from other forums. He's always courteous and patient. If SHS managed to tick him off....they could probably make the Pope turn to binge drinking.

Thanks for that(I think lol) Anton,
Yeah I've been an avid supporter of SHS on this one because I truly want that figure, and the thanks I get for that support is me order cancelled with NO refund. I don't know how they plan to stay in business with these kinds of ethics. I waited over 5 years now only to be screwed.... No I'm not to happy with this guy, Brian aka Tom..... all I ask for is what I paid for.... hardly unreasonable ... right?
Mcdee

Here is what Tom posted to me on June 15....

*Facebook
Shrunken Head Studios commented on your review of Shrunken Head Studios.
Shrunken Head Studios
June 15 at 3:55pm
Your order was cancelled a long time ago. -Tom

This is a LIE I was talking to Dooley recently....here is part of the PM on Facebook
On Fef.13 you wrote: For now please just email me here with your current address and order number. If you already sent it then I have it. All orders have been printed out and are in a hard binder. I'll go through the list and cross reference the emails here to make sure Nathan Grantham gets to the right place. I'll email you to confirm and then he'll be on his way. so can you send it now? AS IS Thanks
Sat 7:35pm
Am I in the first 3 with Andy Raab ?
Wed 11:28pm

Denis- Even though your about 80 on the list I'm moving you up with Andy. Your order should be filled in the next two weeks. Please just remain calm. There's lots to do. I remain off this page for periods of time to get some work done. I'll be shipping your figure complete not AS IS. Please understand I didn't take this long to half-ass it in the end.
5:10am
I appreciate this info and hope this actually happens in the next 2 weeks as my 5 year anniversary is pretty close to this time frame on March 24...

sooo I guess he just keeps putting you off and then Lies about telling everyone that your order was cancelled "Your order was cancelled a long time ago. -Tom"

This is actually criminal ... and here he is caught in a lie....
Mcdee

If you never got your money back, then you best be getting a figure. Because there's a word for that, McDee....fraud. If you got your money back, then one will eventually come up for sale on the secondary market. Eventually everything does. I feel bad for folks who waited for years and then finally got miffed enough to speak up, only to get scrubbed for doing so. SHS really are shooting themselves in the foot on every turn.

Cease and Desist orders to custom figure bashers was viewed by some of the fellas here as insulting and rude. Then, never delivering, after forcing said customizers to cease....well, this added insult to injury. Then the failure to deliver either refunds or product after a certain point....and now this "jerks" thing.

It is my estimation that no matter how well a product is done, without fan base alacrity, the product is destined for failure. I really feel bad for all parties involved. Customers and producer alike. Communication usually solves most of life's problems. Failure to do so always results in the disappointment and wrath of the party that feels slighted. This all could have been avoided with good, honest, communication.

THE PRODUCT LOOKS GREAT from the Facebook Pages. It would've looked much better on 1,500 collector's respective shelves. Rather than 5....5 years after the fact. just my 2 cents. I got a refund about 3 years ago....so I can honestly feel sympathetic to all parties involved. A man with a vision.... to contribute to an area of fandom that was under represented, and a fanbase willing to purchase the product. Yet all parties involved are exhausted and bitter. It's sad.

No Money back and according to Brian Dooley... My order has been cancelled, so no figure...Yes the word Fraud springs to mind and a dozen or so other words also... He has collected a lot of money from a lot of people and what he did with it all is anyones guess... he certainly didn't make 1500 Nathans lol His FB page shows almost 3 put together and he's been showing these same ones for 6 months now... If he struggles to get 5 out a month...and he has sold 400... and he stuck you at the back of the line for complaining ... you'll get your kit in 6 years 6 months from today or December 17, 2023...Yup Well worth the wait..... and that's if he has no further delays lolololo like the sniffles or something.....

Well I just had the below conversation below with SHS...
They claim that my purchase was charged back...well not according to Paypal
sooooo.....although the 180 days for the Paypal refund are long gone...
they are on my behalf opening an 'IC3'...The IC3 was established as a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) to serve as a means to receive Internet related criminal complaints.

I paid with Paypal and I've never gotten notification of any refund.
Please refund me the $113.55.
Thanks you
Mcdee Denis McDougall
Sent from Outlook

Sent: June 20, 2017 3:08 PM
To: Mcdee
Subject: Re: Fw: fyi
Thank you for your interest in our products. Our records indicate your purchase was charged back. We reserve the right to refuse service and therefore*no further contact is necessary.

....Oh there will be further contact....... I guarantee it..
Great business practices , right?
Mcdee

Not that 115.00 would bankrupt me....but I sure am glad I saw the handwriting on the wall about 3 years ago, and actually GOT my refund. I wonder if the license grantor has taken a gander at SHS's wild and crazy antics....and what their thoughts are about ticking off the film's fan base,lol.

This whole situation is just so sad. This company had the full support of many in this hobby. Even when some of those early issues cropped up people were supportive. It's when the issues continued and no real communication with your clients that it all started to fall apart. Criticism should have been expected. Yeah, some people can take it to an extreme, but as a business you take the high road no matter what you really want to say and do. I too will not purchase anything from this company. The position they (SHS) have taken has really put me off on given this company my support. I get a start-up company goes through many growing pains and I would have forgiven this extensive delay, but how it's been handled just doesn't sit well with me.

Not that 115.00 would bankrupt me....but I sure am glad I saw the handwriting on the wall about 3 years ago, and actually GOT my refund. I wonder if the license grantor has taken a gander at SHS's wild and crazy antics....and what their thoughts are about ticking off the film's fan base,lol.
Good point. Never thought about that. I mean, I highly doubt he still has the means to keep the license. But I can't imagine the license holders are very pleased with his antics either. I hope they still offer their license to a more professional and capable company.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The level of die hard loyalty and support reminds me of The Reverend Jim Jones and how he can do no wrong and how he cannot be questioned. I guess there is much Kool-Aid to be had by those dedicated few.

Nathan....

IS IN THE HOUSE! Got my cake.

19427721_1222422684535752_2039114374_n.jpg
19433537_1222422817869072_687617110_n.jpg
19433777_1222422761202411_77553460_n.jpg
19441490_1222423147869039_1603235721_n.jpg
19449514_1222422884535732_157897472_o.jpg
19449579_1222423121202375_1089557448_o.jpg
19451476_1222422837869070_1887041194_o.jpg
19458043_1222422937869060_1148545571_n.jpg
19458318_1222422731202414_514713393_n.jpg
19478661_1222423117869042_481641949_o.jpg
19496463_1222423007869053_59907906_o.jpg

Thank you. I can honestly say this is a Masterpiece. Yes, it was a long wait, but now that he's here... it's really a work of Art that no Chinese factory could have accomplished. I am living proof that this never was a scam, and am hopeful that the corner has now been turned for all of Brian's customers. Brian did right by me, and I feel incredibly lucky and proud to have this piece in my collection.

I don't think, around here, we thought it was a scam. It just could have been handled better, a lot better.
That figure looks great and glad it worked out eventually.

Last edited:
I am happy for you. He looks magnificent. Unless, however, he becomes available at Amok Time, Monsters In Motion, or an online store of some sort....most folks will never own one. That's whats really tragic about the whole affair. All that effort for minimum positive exposure after nearly 6 years of drama. Thatnks for sharing the pics. Nate got his cake,lol.

Back