Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean, is the figure still $160 or so??

That's a hell of a deal for a fully custom-made figure. ****, even the $600 custom figures use the OEM bodies.

Too bad he hasn't sent this to you loyal peeps yet. Said now next week they will ship then no doubt next week they'll be an another excuse for a further delay. Try to get your money back. Wouldn't be surprised if he made some and sold them for a higher price. Sorry but if you think you're going to get one of these with a custom made body, custom paint, etc. for $98.00 dream on. If he is then come on here and say your piece and prove me wrong.

Too bad he hasn't sent this to you loyal peeps yet. Said now next week they will ship then no doubt next week they'll be an another excuse for a further delay. Try to get your money back.

There have been those that have requested refunds and have still yet to get any response. Yet he seems at the ready to respond to the bad press.

Wouldn't be surprised if he made some and sold them for a higher price.

I don't want to make such an accusation, but I certainly hope that is not the case.

Sorry but if you think you're going to get one of these with a custom made body, custom paint, etc. for $98.00 dream on.

One can only hope the man will live up to his word. Some seem to still believe in him. However there are some suspicions behind that.

If he is then come on here and say your piece and prove me wrong.

We are all still waiting. And waiting. And...

There have been those that have requested refunds and have still yet to get any response. Yet he seems at the ready to respond to the bad press.

I don't want to make such an accusation, but I certainly hope that is not the case.

One can only hope the man will live up to his word. Some seem to still believe in him. However there are some suspicions behind that.

We are all still waiting. And waiting. And...

Maybe my comment on selling them at higher prices was uncalled for. I just hate to see people getting ripped off. The original $98 he sais he will honor just seems low for a now custom figure. Heck I remember back in the late 90's/early 2000's you'd pay that for a good unassembled, unpainted resin kit not to mention the cost for the licence. Not providing refunds doesn't bode well either.

The graphic novel that Wrightson did in 1982 is finally being reprinted in May. maybe you guys who have held out all these years might have a figure in may to go with? If not...buy the comic. It's great!

AWESOME!!! Thanks for the notice! My copy from 1982 is in terrible condition and falling apart. Pre-Ordered!!!!

I'm pretty confident if completed figures had ended up in customers hands we'd know about it...

As for Dooley protecting his bottom line, I doubt there is any bottom line left.

If he is able to produce all of these by hand (which I have serious doubts) I cant' see how he'd be making anything off of these. I don't know how long each thing takes to make, assemble and paint but if I was charging a commission price to do the work I certainly wouldn't accept $100; and my prices are lower than most. If anything I assume he's trying to protect how much he looses here.

H admitted it would be easier to use stock knock off bodies and would speed up the process. His response was it would be wise but would mean remodling the head and hands :slap

That's easier than giving us a body that really don't need! Heck just send me the figure without the body I'll do it myself :rotfl

Honestly, at this point I've had accepted a "kit" as well. I could paint and finish it myself and save him a lot of trouble :lol

Again, I appreciate his determination... but this has been just a massive cluster ****.

Maybe my comment on selling them at higher prices was uncalled for. I just hate to see people getting ripped off. The original $98 he sais he will honor just seems low for a now custom figure. Heck I remember back in the late 90's/early 2000's you'd pay that for a good unassembled, unpainted resin kit not to mention the cost for the licence. Not providing refunds doesn't bode well either.

Well, all I can say is that he stated that he would get in contact with those that have requested refunds. Those in the group have stated that to this day he has not. He may not have the means to provide the refunds at this time (and may not ever), but the very least he should do is maintain contact explaining so.

I have skimmed through this thread - have not read all as it is 181 pages for Pete's sake! - and it seems quite a few of you have sympathy for him. From what I have read I guess I can understand why, yet there are a few things I find considerably irksome.

One is that everyone has to tune in to his FB page when it is he who should be obligated to contact all customers by email. Another is the attitude that he has taken in his resolve to complete the project, or so he says. He wants to make us "eat crow" instead of using this as a chance for redemption. I don't see how he is in any position to be angry with anyone whose patience is finally at an end. So far all any of us has to go on is his word. Yet he fails to acknowledge that at this point his credibility is virtually nonexistent and his word is meaningless.

In addition there are some "supporters" that hope he is "vindictive." That implies to either move those who have waited to the back of the line or give them nothing. Anyone here think that is a way to go? Punish those that have been infinitely patient and have lost that patience? Didn't someone here remark that someone that was patient had that patience rewarded by DYING while waiting for this figure?

Another update came out earlier with one promised later. We shall see...

I requested a refund and got one. That was many moons ago tho. Now I come to this thread simply to see if someone, at some point, will actually get theirs and be happy. Hasn't happened yet. But hey----Nate's rose from the dead before.

I requested a refund and got one. That was many moons ago tho. Now I come to this thread simply to see if someone, at some point, will actually get theirs and be happy. Hasn't happened yet. But hey----Nate's rose from the dead before.

Yes, I read that. That was possibly during a time when he had the means to provide them. That cannot be the case presently. As I stated before, I actually hope he pulls it off. However given what is presented at such sporadic intervals the likelihood remains doubtful. Maybe he proves us wrong. Maybe...maybe not.

Eddie Holecko, casting preorders 750$,as it see in the picture, i don´t know anything more, you can try it thru Creatures features web page
You can ask him tweeter or facebook

If anyone was wondering about the little Amok Time Creepshow Father's Day figure: It's way cool. I am going to get another one to open up and re-paint. Lots of detail on these little boogers. So--if ya wanna have at least Something to Tide you Over before we die the Lonesome Death and wind up in a Crate, snag one. Because its always Creeping Up on You, and we should have some fun instead of waiting endlessly for a miracle to occur with SHS.

I too like many submitted my pre-order all those years ago. After about a year, I requested a refund and did receive it.

In some ways I'm surprised and in others I'm not that the figure has yet to be produced/released and many are out of the $.

Due to the amount of time passed, I don't know if a credit card dispute is even feasible. If you paid by PayPal, then you're SOL.

From my perspective, some come off very naive or I dare say loyalty misplaced after tall this time. I speak from experience on this matter.

I didn't know about its current status until a Facebook friend posted about it just recently.

A hard lesson learned by pretty much all. If any are still holding any optimism, then that's your call.

I too like many submitted my pre-order all those years ago. After about a year, I requested a refund and did receive it.

In some ways I'm surprised and in others I'm not that the figure has yet to be produced/released and many are out of the $.

Due to the amount of time passed, I don't know if a credit card dispute is even feasible. If you paid by PayPal, then you're SOL.

From my perspective, some come off very naive or I dare say loyalty misplaced after tall this time. I speak from experience on this matter.

I didn't know about its current status until a Facebook friend posted about it just recently.

A hard lesson learned by pretty much all. If any are still holding any optimism, then that's your call.

Yes, a dispute with CC company may not be feasible, yet a fraud lawsuit is. I have spoken at length with the SLO county District Attorney regarding this matter as I was concerned about the Statute of Limitations. His legal opinion was that it ties into intent, i.e.; when did he intend to defraud? He has made many promises on his FB site, yet how do you prove he made the posts? He has sent messages to customers making promises to deliver. That may kick the can down the road a bit as far as the SOL is concerned. I have no optimism and am actually neutral. If I get the figure, great! If not...so what.

I would like to know why he continued to take orders, not only from customers but also merchants, for an additional 3 years knowing that he would take a loss on each figure and he was encouraged by everyone to declare bankruptcy...or so the FB post claims. Yet from a business perspective it may make sense as to further business down the road. Take a loss now to get that goldmine later. Yet due to the time that has passed I cannot see how he would expect anyone to ever trust him again.

Yes, a dispute with CC company may not be feasible, yet a fraud lawsuit is. I have spoken at length with the SLO county District Attorney regarding this matter as I was concerned about the Statute of Limitations. His legal opinion was that it ties into intent, i.e.; when did he intend to defraud? He has made many promises on his FB site, yet how do you prove he made the posts? He has sent messages to customers making promises to deliver. That may kick the can down the road a bit as far as the SOL is concerned. I have no optimism and am actually neutral. If I get the figure, great! If not...so what.

I would like to know why he continued to take orders, not only from customers but also merchants, for an additional 3 years knowing that he would take a loss on each figure and he was encouraged by everyone to declare bankruptcy...or so the FB post claims. Yet from a business perspective it may make sense as to further business down the road. Take a loss now to get that goldmine later. Yet due to the time that has passed I cannot see how he would expect anyone to ever trust him again.

--

Judging by the hope and optimism by some . . . he still have his supporters and he's blocking anyone on Facebook who is critical of him.

Back