Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

It might be time to face the probability that Creepshow doesn't really have a fan base big enough to support products outside of small custom runs. Just getting this one figure out has been a monumental struggle, and it's still nowhere near happening. I admire that Dooley has such passion for it and wants to make it work, but at this point I think we can safely say the market interest isn't there.

Besides SHS Facebook and here, there's barely any info about this line even existing, and that might be what's hurting it's chances. Just my 2 cents...

He's hitting horror conventions. Outside of that, advertising costs a bit of money. I'd rather the money be spent on getting Nathan done, than spent on marketing a cult status-based product to an audience who won't be buying it anyway.

Maybe some other free advertising would be in order, perhaps a few youtube videos showcasing the figure and a link to the donation site could help drum up some more support.

Maybe some other free advertising would be in order, perhaps a few youtube videos showcasing the figure and a link to the donation site could help drum up some more support.

:goodpost:
That's a good idea. Probably garner more interest than the simple FB post he did advertising the Indiegogo campaign. Especially if he amped up basic production values and gave it an EC/Wrightson vibe.

Not really, considering he's offering stuff for the donations. :dunno

But only if the project moves forward... so whomever pays for say, themselves sculpted as a zombie are out of cash if the goal isn't met.

Kuzeh, that is not accurate. Per indiegogo's terms . . .

If you are running a Flexible Funding campaign and you receive money from contributors - YES, you must fulfill your Perks.

https://support.indiegogo.com/entries/20589503-following-up-and-sending-perks

That's going to go ignored because of his ulterior motive, which is why I didn't bother responding with it. :lecture

Whether it's ignored or not, it's just my public service announcement to anyone else who maybe be following this situation.

That's going to go ignored because of his ulterior motive, which is why I didn't bother responding with it. :lecture

Ulterior motive??? :rotfl You're pathetic...
ihasconsprcythery.jpg

Whether it's ignored or not, it's just my public service announcement to anyone else who maybe be following this situation.

Thanks for clearing it up!
I got confused with some of the terms and comments here.
:hi5:

The way things are going---this aint looking good. Its got 39 days left to run and hasn't reached the 1% mark as yet.:dunno I am thinking we are even a smaller niche in the realm of collecting than we thought.

No wonder there are so few horror properties made into collectibles these days.:monkey3:monkey3

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/shrunken-head-studios

The way things are going---this aint looking good. Its got 39 days left to run and hasn't reached the 1% mark as yet.:dunno I am thinking we are even a smaller niche in the realm of collecting than we thought.

No wonder there are so few horror properties made into collectibles these days.:monkey3:monkey3

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/shrunken-head-studios

Well I think there's a number of the issues here, creep show is an old property and a lot of the folks who were into it are not necessarily 1/6 figure collectors. That pared with there's not a lot of advertising for the figure so not many people are aware the figure is being made, its a new company with few followers, let alone there's knowing there's issues with producing it.

Other issues is most people just want to buy what they like, they don't have time or money to invest into a kick starter for an obscure horror action figure. To be completely honest my main reason for wanting the figure when it was first pre-ordered is the fact that its a zombie, that's what I'm after, cool 1/6 scale zombies in which this hobby is still lacking ATM.

I'm a resident evil and the walking dead fan, so that's my angle, others might be more interested in nate himself, but SHS's is more likely to find customers looking for plain old gross generic zombies just like the dead line. No license needed and creativity is, at this point though that's a mute point, dooley already paid for a license and has got himself backed into a corner cause he has peoples money for a product he can't deliver.

I wish him all the best and hope he can make it happen, but the writing is already on the wall, looks like a bust:monkey2

While Nathan is a cool figure i really just wanted Fluffy from this license, i wish Sideshow would get the Creepshow license and make a 1/4 Fluffy PF or Life size bust, a man can dream.

Back