Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Not that $100 isn't a lot of money, but I have no problem with floating it. Dooley has a great reputation and the worst case is that the figure get cancelled and we'll all get our money back, eventually. And this is MY point of view, but if I had to be worried @ only $100, I don't think I should be spending money on toys.

But thats my opinion.

And the fact that I'm a hugh Stephen King fan and I'd buy any 1/6 made, contributes too.

Not just an opinion, but an excellent point. :goodpost:

I look at it as more of a buying time type of thing. He's lacking funds and the costs to produce this figure are much higher, but he's throwing in a free gift now? I unno. How does that help fix the financial issue? Show people something new and they forget why they're there in the first place. I'll just be happy when something, anything, is released...

No one said anything about worrying over $100. It's principal, I wouldn't care if it was $5. My asking for a refund has no financial reasoning behind it. It's simply because I don't feel it's right to put up a pre order and then not deliver anything but pictures of promises. It's just that simple. I'm sure there are those people who NEED their refund, and I feel sorry for those people waiting on it. :lol

I told Dooley I will gladly pay whatever his asking price is, but only when it's released. Until then I'll use that $100 towards a project that knows the course that it's on.

How would it be buying time? If that was the case, it would've been worded more like, "If you don't cancel, I'll throw in this new headstone!" instead of the kind gesture it was. There's zero obligation for him to do it anyway, as those of us who did not cancel, have no intention to whether or not there's 0 or 100 accessories added.

Dooley, much like Amok Time, Dencomm, Monarch models, Executive Replicas and many other tiny companies have the best of intentions. But whether it be funding, problems with China, or an Act of Godzilla---they have a great deal of trouble and delays when it comes to sealing the deal.:monkey2:dunno

I really hope to see these Creepshow figures made. But I also hoped to see Dencomm's Monster Scenes Animal Pit and Dungeon kits, Monarch's licensed "The Fly" kit, AT's Masque of Red Death and IT, Terror from Beyond Space figures, Executive Replicas Vincent Price Presents figure,and many many more MIA items. Items that made it to prototype and test shot stage---and then were cancelled outright, or delayed for years now.:lecture

I really respect Dooley big time I was really gutted that by the time he got back to me about my international order it was taken off the site's shop.

I got a message yesterday saying because of the hassle I've gone through to get this he has secured me a place with a bonus tombstone and too pay when he is shipping the rest of the orders. Made my day thanks Brian :D

I hope the Zombies are still undead? The "Tarman" heads looked really great :(

Yeah me too, but it's a tough sell to spin that as a positive at this point.

I feel bad for him. He really wants to bring a great product, at a price thats not sky high. He's truly a fan's fan with this kind of stuff. But I am sure high gas, Chinese wage increases, and many other factors are involved in causing these pre-production price problems. He may not be able to offer them as inexpensively as he would like. We have already seen evidence of this with the increase in price on those who didnt have pre-orders in by $50. They may wind up being just below Hot toys in their retail price in order for SHS to make any $$$.

I feel bad for him. He really wants to bring a great product, at a price thats not sky high. He's truly a fan's fan with this kind of stuff. But I am sure high gas, Chinese wage increases, and many other factors are involved in causing these pre-production price problems. He may not be able to offer them as inexpensively as he would like. We have already seen evidence of this with the increase in price on those who didnt have pre-orders in by $50. They may wind up being just below Hot toys in their retail price in order for SHS to make any $$$.

Current Hot Toys prices are $250-$300+. I think they'll be closer to $150 which still puts them lower than Sideshow's new pricegouge of $175-$250.

I'm not worried about the candles... it wasn't a huge draw for me that they would light up. Although I wonder how the extra huge tombstone accessory factors into this decision. Cutting one feature but adding another huge item seems like it would not balance out.

I'm not worried about the candles... it wasn't a huge draw for me that they would light up. Although I wonder how the extra huge tombstone accessory factors into this decision. Cutting one feature but adding another huge item seems like it would not balance out.

That won't come standard though. Just for those who didn't cancel.

He's making the headstone accessory at home by hand from what I understand. sadly, those will probably be available before the factories in China get the actual figure done and onna boat.

I have built an acquantance of sorts with a small toy/hobby producer. The reason some of his product is late falls squarely on the shoulders of Chinese companies who promised to deliver---and then couldnt. Prototypes/test shots having tons of "bugs" to work out. Then the company attempting to "re-negotiate" the contract. Bogus.

Dooley may be suffering some of this...but only The Shadow knows.

Back