Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

It's a bummer Dooley is having such a **** time with getting this thing off the ground. I hope everything works out for him. I want this company to succeed like no other.

Dealing with china sometimes blows. I knew friends who had the molds to figures sold to someone else when the china manufactures demanded more for "mold twiks". Another friend had china drag ther feet, so figures that where supposed to be released less than a year, took almost 5 years. Which timing was everything with the figure. I think sometimes it pays to pay more for full control of everything.

Possible solutions in dealing with China. Pick one.:peace

904207970_eaf4da6dc1_o.jpg

cthulhu_rising_by_somniturne1.jpg

177740_3557690296919_1888709014_o.jpg

Well---This isnt good news for China. Major Earthquake. Feel bad for making the Giant monsters joke now.

SHOCKING: AT LEAST 179 DEAD, 6,700 INJURED AFTER EARTHQUAKE ROCKS CHINA

YA’AN, China (AP) — Rescuers and relief teams struggled to rush supplies into the rural hills of China’s Sichuan province Sunday after an earthquake left at least 179 people dead and more than 6,700 injured and caused frightened survivors spent a night in cars, tents and makeshift shelters.

The earthquake Saturday morning triggered landslides that cut off roads and disrupted phone and power connections in mountainous Lushan county, further south on the same fault line where a devastating quake wreaked widespread damage across the region five years ago.

So who opted for a refund? Out of curiosity: how long does a refund take?:monkey3:peace.

I opted out. Maybe if they get produced and in stock at online retailers I will change my mind---but right now, I would rather have the refund.

Last edited:

I didn't. I want this and all Stephen King figures I can get my hands on. Fluffy and hopefully, my #1 wanted 1/6 figure PENNYWISE!

I didn't. I want this and all Stephen King figures I can get my hands on. Fluffy and hopefully, my #1 wanted 1/6 figure PENNYWISE!

I hate haviong money tied up. I will gleefully pay the $150 new price later when its in hand and use the $111.18 the refund to buy something else. If he goes the custom route---I am gonna pass anyway.

I don't blame you. I've considered cancelling myself. But if and when they come out I know I'll get them. So since I have 2 ordered, thats $100. That makes it worth waiting for to me.

I optioned for a refund, I just sent the request tonight, hopefully I get a response in a day or two. I will likely be back to purchese this when or if it releases. Sad to cancel but leaving money tied up this long is not working for me, I could use it now.

Thats the way I feel. I dont know if these figures will ever get into production at this point. So---use the money now for something either essential or for another toy.

Has anyone here asked for a refund yet besides me and you? If anyone has---howabout cluing us in as to how long it takes for SHS customer service to acknowledge the request. Thanks.:peace

Thats the way I feel. I dont know if these figures will ever get into production at this point. So---use the money now for something either essential or for another toy.

Has anyone here asked for a refund yet besides me and you? If anyone has---howabout cluing us in as to how long it takes for SHS customer service to acknowledge the request. Thanks.:peace

It took 10 days to get our refund back in Jan. I had to email them twice as i didn't get a response until a week after i made the request. I mentioned i was a member here in the second email, and that seemed to speed things up. We were refunded within 3 days after that email.

It took 10 days to get our refund back in Jan. I had to email them twice as i didn't get a response until a week after i made the request. I mentioned i was a member here in the second email, and that seemed to speed things up. We were refunded within 3 days after that email.

Terrific. So--- not very expedient. I will give it a few days and email again. I called the customer service number provided on the page and got the personal voicemail of Mr. Dooley. I really didnt want to leave a message requesting a refund. I will keep you posted as to when they reply.

Too bad things are working out like this for them. the license alone probably cost a fortune.:monkey2

This was in the email update Friday regarding refunds.

We will resume refunds for any customers who require one within 90 days. Due to the massive increase in production costs SHS will be adjusting our retail cost to $150 USD. Anyone who ordered NATHAN GRANTHAM at the original price of $98 USD will stay at that price as long as you keep your order. If you require a refund and come back later to order again it will be the new price of $150 USD. This also applies to our wholesale accounts.

I just wanted to share my experience with dealing with the refund situation with SHS. My issue was way before the trouble started with getting these figures produced, so I didn't cancel originally because of being worried about not getting the figure. I lost my job and I needed to cut back on various items at the time. So since there was a big delay on this figure announced back then, I decided to ask for a refund to free up some money. I emailed them, waited a few days and they did get back to me saying they would refund the money. If I remember correctly, there was a little wait to actually see the money credited back but in the end it was done without fuss. So maybe with the way things are now, it may be a longer wait to get your money back, but I do believe you will without hassle in the long run.

If too many people ask for refunds, won't that nuke the whole thing? I plan to still stick it out, fool that I am.

Totally disappointing news on the major delay, but I'll still keep my order despite the setback. In the meantime, at least I can enjoy having some Creepshow goodness in my collection with Beto's Fluffy I bought when Beto first offered his custom Fluffy for sale.

I asked for & received my refund last year when the delay was anticipated to be much longer than at first thought.

I received some criticisms for my request for a refund while others were more than willing to wait, etc.

Dooley addressed my refund and got it squared away within a reasonable period, but I had to keep up communication on my end to make sure it would be addressed.

I hold no ill will towards Dooley. He's experiencing the trials & tribulations of doing business with China. I just hope he is actively learning from what is happening and ensuring that such things will not repeat itself for his company.

First impressions are very hard to undo if not done properly. I know many are keeping faith; however, I hope he's not willing to take a risk on upsetting a few to achieve satisfaction for many that may or may not pan out given current circumstances.

Back