Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

I like the idea of the bits and pieces two, I could go for that, not happy with what has happened here though, there is still no real anwser as to a release date. So now we gotta wait for him to make other stuff at home and sell it to fund creepshow, then he has to send the money to china and wait for it to be produced, then ship here to the us and out to us. Or make them himself.... that could be a long wait on top of the long wait already:panic:

I want to keep my order but theres really to much uncertianty on when I will receive the product. I think getting a refund would be the best for everyone involved as by keeping it does not seem to help much dooleys cause as he is making no profit anyway:dunno although getting a refund also takes money outta the project so its a lose lose situation, not sure what to do.

How do we go about getting a refund anyway?

After speaking with my factory overseas I received an affordable quote to produce 1500 pcs of the NATHAN GRANTHAM figure. With that information on March 18th, 2012 we began our first pre-sale for CREEPSHOW. After things got rolling and my factory had received the NATHAN GRANTHAM prototype they almost tripled the production cost to nearly $100K USD.
Yeesh. I guess that either the factory didn't have all the right info. to begin with, or they screwed dooley over. Real bummer. And as Anton points out, dealing at home would be better for this sort of thing because it would be much easier to enforce a contract. But costs are what they are, and if these were manufactured in the U.S. I'm sure they would be significantly more expensive despite changes making China more expensive now than it used to be.

I'll keep an eye out on the kickstarter thing. If they go beyond busts and start doing custom figures there I would definitely like to see what they can churn out.

...I'll keep an eye out on the kickstarter thing. If they go beyond busts and start doing custom figures there I would definitely like to see what they can churn out.
Kickstarter would an awesome way to fund these limited run, independent 1:6 projects, IMO, and way more customer friendly, too.

Anyone know how to go about getting a refund?

Oh mn you'll regret it can't say I blame you though ..... Wish I knew how to order this lmao. $150 for one when I've sent them emails before about paying for international order bad customer service aha! Good luck too you guys who finally get it wish I ordered one :( :panic:

Oh mn you'll regret it can't say I blame you though ..... Wish I knew how to order this lmao. $150 for one when I've sent them emails before about paying for international order bad customer service aha! Good luck too you guys who finally get it wish I ordered one :( :panic:

See if you can buy someone's cancellation

Sucks to hear that China is screwing SHS over. Dooley is a great guy though and I have no doubt he will come through in the end. Its a rough start, but once the ball gets rolling there will be great things happening from SHS!

Can't wait to see bits and pieces #2. Loved the first set and really want more!

Let's see . . .

1. Blame China?

2. Production should be in the US?

3. We'll wait?

4. Refunds within 90 days?

--

Doing 1:6 business in China in terms of getting anything manufactured is perilous to say the least.

Like many of you, I too initially placed an order a little over a year ago and after the last delay, I requested a refund and did receive it.

For those who paid by credit card . . . all of you can continue to have faith & trust, but at the end of the day check the dispute statute of limitation with your credit card company.

I don't doubt thus far Dooley will intentionally take anyone's $ and not deliver, but business decisions & consequences (i.e. calculated risks, etc.) tend to vary.

How many delays have this release encountered thus far? How many posted "that's fine", "we'll wait", etc. each time?

I personally witnessed the same thing happen with another company back in the day and seen how poor business decisions & planning led to an eventual slow death and pretty much an infamous reputation & lack of reputation within the hobby that continues to this day.

No way I'm saying that's going to happen to Dooley. He apparently has a plan to make this right for everyone, but again the who endeavor & pricing situation has changed dramatically since a little over a year ago now. $ has changed hands for many.

How many will continue to keep the faith and wait and wait and wait? I just don't see anyone fall into the pit of blind & overzealous loyalty. I speak from personal experience.

Just wondering, Dooley is "busy", etc., but why couldn't he make a personal post here to appease everyone's doubts? Just saying.

As any of us who have been in this hobby for any length of time, we know it's a perilous business for the smaller company. Even the big guys SSC and HT are having trouble finding manufacturing to live up to their (and our) standards.

People are complaining about HT prices now, imagine if the manufacturing was being done in the US? QMx is trying to do that and not only can't get things made in a timely fashion but the prices are beyond all but the comfortably well-off.

Kudos to Brian for keeping people informed and doing the right thing by offering refunds. I'm sure even at the new price the profit won't be great, but hopefully it will be enough to allow him to keep going.

As for not posting here - he posted it on FB, why should he have to repost it here?

I don't envy any 1/6 start up today, not only do they have to contend with rising manufacturing costs, but with unreasonable collectors' expectations.

As any of us who have been in this hobby for any length of time, we know it's a perilous business for the smaller company. Even the big guys SSC and HT are having trouble finding manufacturing to live up to their (and our) standards.

People are complaining about HT prices now, imagine if the manufacturing was being done in the US? QMx is trying to do that and not only can't get things made in a timely fashion but the prices are beyond all but the comfortably well-off.

Kudos to Brian for keeping people informed and doing the right thing by offering refunds. I'm sure even at the new price the profit won't be great, but hopefully it will be enough to allow him to keep going.

As for not posting here - he posted it on FB, why should he have to repost it here?

I don't envy any 1/6 start up today, not only do they have to contend with rising manufacturing costs, but with unreasonable collectors' expectations.

:exactly::lecture:goodpost:

Are "unreasonable" expectations of collectors solely the blame of the collectors or does a manufacturer have any culpability/responsibility as well?

I understand it's about managing & setting the appropriate expectations, but often does that apply and do the anticipation & excitement of collectors tend to blindside such realities?

Are "unreasonable" expectations of collectors solely the blame of the collectors or does a manufacturer have any culpability/responsibility as well?

I understand it's about managing & setting the appropriate expectations, but often does that apply and do the anticipation & excitement of collectors tend to blindside such realities?

There are many ways to get information about your product into the market place. Enterbay doesn't announce anything until it's ready to ship. SSC and HT might announce a license and we'd not even see a prototype for a year or more. Which is the correct way to manage collector's expectations?

Also "reasonable" is fungible. For a manufacturer it is "reasonable" to reduce their demands of the factory in order to produce a reduced quality figure at an affordable price - that's what the Mattels and Hasbros do. They have a certain profit objective, time objective and price objective they must meet and adjust the manufacturing accordingly.

However most specialty 1/6 makers know that is not an option and instead adjust the price and schedule to reflect what they can live with on profit.

Yeesh. I guess that either the factory didn't have all the right info. to begin with, or they screwed dooley over. Real bummer. And as Anton points out, dealing at home would be better for this sort of thing because it would be much easier to enforce a contract. But costs are what they are, and if these were manufactured in the U.S. I'm sure they would be significantly more expensive despite changes making China more expensive now than it used to be.

It's more than just an increased price tag. Producing figures in the US wouldn't matter for ****. Most likely all the parts the US-based manufacturer would use would still come from China (bodies, accessories, etc.) and rather than dealing with the headache directly, Dooley would be dealing with another company who was dealing with the issue. People are *****ing about the slow communication now, that would be wholly worse adding a third party into the mix.

well I am staying till the end.....I have two on order and can't wait to give all the doubting Thomas a big s;() burger....when we get these.:pfft:

I am scared of one little thing. Nate is nowhere near as complex as Fluffy. Fluffy is furry, has a crate. and chains and stuff.

If Nate is now gonna be $150....exactly how much will Fluffy cost? Or will he even see fruition?

I probably shouldn't even care. I should probably be hording food and water like the preppers. But my inner 12 year old wants these figures,lol.

If you can not get one let me know i ordered a few for my shop.

Back