Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

You also have to think this is a pre-order for a company that has yet to really establish itself. Not everyone knows who SHS is and wants to trust them with CC information for a pre-sale. Once these are in hand and people do reviews and show their friends, these will be gone in no time I think.

Having to pay up front is not typical for 1/6 figures.

I could see that (and this being SHS first full figure) causing slower sales, but once its out it will likely sell at a quicker pace.

.....All the more reason to get the EX. I don't understand why anyone would wait for the regular....since there the same price!?!:cuckoo:
Personally, like I said earlier, I don't use light up features on figures and prefer to have straight-up painted figures when possible. That's one of the things that bugs me most about HT Ghost Rider. That's really the only reason I didn't get the pre-order for the Ex. But the factors King Darkness and galactiboy bring up are legit concerns that likely affect others' decisions.

Yeah it's tough being the new kid on the block... even if you have a good reputation in the industry. Hopefully this figure will change things and get the ball rolling so I can do bigger and better products!

As far as how the end result of Nathan will be... He's going to turn out as good a quality as what Sideshow and Hot Toys has put out. I do have a great factory at least!

I'm 100% behind this. I have posted links on several other boards and several pages on facebook to try to help get the word out. For anyone in this for many future figures, I'd suggest you do the same. I'd have to guess the quicker this sells out, the quicker FLUFFY and others gets made!

I could see Fluffy being a very popular figure... definitely one of the more stand-out creature designs from the film. Gotta include a crate though... no way he would work w/o it :lecture

Well the story is called "the Crate" after all :D

Glad to hear we'll be getting at least Sideshow level quality with these! :rock Any more details about the body being used? Is it new?

I asked about the body as well; here was the response:

Can't go into too much detail about the body. But rest assured it's a very well made fully articulated 1:6th body. My factory hooked me up! We have a good thing going. You guys will be happy!

I'm guessing it will be something made in-house by the factory, or sourced by them for the project. Honestly with a figure like this as long as the joints are tight I'll be happy as the bulk of his clothes will hide any issues.

Love it. Father's Day was my first exposure to the zombie genre. Looks pretty damn awesome.

I agree with King Darkness's statement about instant sell outs being a thing of the past. I dunno why folks would have an issue with a pre-pay for the figures. I prefer to do it this way. That way its already paid for and no hassles at ship time. But maybe I am in the minority.:peace

Come Halloween i'm gonna have a RED light shinning down on this badboy it's gonna be so ____in kewl. I can't wait!:newangel

Thanks for the response GB. I must have missed that.

To Anton's post, I think it's being spoiled by Sideshow and various other retailers. And the issue is about recourse to getting funds back if you don't get what you ordered. I have no reason to think anyone will have issues with SHS, but I and many others have been burned by paying early, then getting hosed because it took too long to have recourse to a dispute resolution process when things when sour. The ability to pay when something is ready to ship means that you don't have those problems. Paypal is also helpful here, as their dispute resolution process is usually pretty straightforward, whereas getting chargebacks on a credit card might be more difficult. But your time for making a claim with Paypal is 45 days, so payment several months ahead of time wouldn't allow you to file a claim.

I really like all your feed back and discussions here. This helps me make sure I can run a great company and keep my customers happy! I know my methods for now are a little old school but as the business grows I can start handling everything in a more familiar way for you.

I'm not SHOCKER TOYS or any of these other companies that burn people and don't deliver! If I say it's coming out... it is!!! Nobody wants to see these figures and collectibles made more than me. I'm a fan just as much as all of you :)

Stick by me and I promise you're going to have a company that will give you things you never thought would see the light of day!

Great to hear, Dooley :rock Hopefully our discussions are somewhat informative and constructive to you, as that is the intent from my POV.

Creepshow license is a great place to start! I have also been spreading the word about this figure where I can :rock

Whoever did the description deserves a raise. This line had me laughing out loud:

Complete with posable jaw! (He's a chatter box with one thing on his mind)

I have quite a few HT items ordered...however this makes me more excited than all of them wonder why that is.....actually i know why i'm just messin. HT is like Metallica Black album, U2 and all that you can't leave behind, meh. Thinking about buying some sod and digging up a nice rock to make the headstone for this, SHS is punk rock.:monkey1

(drunk post^:monkey3)

I really like all your feed back and discussions here. This helps me make sure I can run a great company and keep my customers happy! I know my methods for now are a little old school but as the business grows I can start handling everything in a more familiar way for you.

I'm not SHOCKER TOYS or any of these other companies that burn people and don't deliver! If I say it's coming out... it is!!! Nobody wants to see these figures and collectibles made more than me. I'm a fan just as much as all of you :)

Stick by me and I promise you're going to have a company that will give you things you never thought would see the light of day!

Shrunken Head Dooley, your my hero :1-1:

Back