Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure

I'm interested in how Hot Toys will actually pull off this off. Batman had a skin-tight outfit in the Arkham games, and it will be hard to achieve that kind of detailing with the rubbers that we've seen so far. So I'm guessing that Hot Toys will probably have to use a fabric that's similar to the one on Christopher Reeve Superman. Spandex?

The outfit details themselves shouldn't be too hard. It's representing the muscle definition that may prove tricky.

Not even close. They are totally different. The belts are different, the boots are different, and the guantlets are different too at the very least. They look similar to the casual observer, but much like Darth Vader, real fans know the differences.

I'm a pretty avid fan of the Arkham verse :lol, played through Asylum 8- 10 times, and City 4 times so far.

Asylum:

arkham-thumb-640xauto-7553.jpg

City:
Batman-Arkham-City-Screenshots.jpg

Edit:
Better pic of City's

30.jpg

The outfit details themselves shouldn't be too hard. It's representing the muscle definition that may prove tricky.

:exactly: I'm sure they will figure it out & it will look pretty damn nifty

I honestly don't see HT making anything beyond Batman here, I just don't. Every time a new license is announced with this company, people go bat_____ crazy over the future possibilities. How often do those possibilities pan out? Hardly and never. Just my 2 cents, but that's how I see this unfolding as well. Hope I'm wrong, but I'd be shocked if I was. Plus, I feel like this will take forever to release with all there backlog they have still to complete.

I like the news though as I'll get this to go along with my Arkham Joker bash.

I'm not quite sure what to think of the sideshow announcement stuff now. Either they subcontracted hot toys to do this or they leave the Arkham scene all together I'm not sure.

The suits are very different but the Arkham design is more grey armor like. And in terms of body type, the Hot Toys Chris Redfield is pretty beefy, if they modified that i think it could fill out a suit.

Im very excited for this! Love the games! and love the suit design. Hot Toys should do alot more with there video game licenses, id love if they Mass Effect.

I honestly don't see HT making anything beyond Batman here, I just don't. Every time a new license is announced with this company, people go bat_____ crazy over the future possibilities.

But... this is Batman. :dance

:exactly: I'm sure they will figure it out & it will look pretty damn nifty

Well obviously, but I want to figure it out before they do!

I honestly don't see HT making anything beyond Batman here, I just don't.

And pass up a chance to make 5 (hyperbole) new Jokers? You can't afford to be this naive. :lol

Joker is a given so Batman being the only one is impossible. Catwoman is EXTREMELY possible. After them, things begin to get questionable. Since Nightwing and Robin are playable characters also, I can see a great chance of them being made as well. I REALLY want that Two Face, because he looks 10000x better than Nolans version, and the black/white suit is great.
But of Course, I think its obvious what I want more than any other figure in the line.

tumblr_luf342kyXI1qa1vjko1_500.gif

I WANT/NEED that Figure

I honestly don't see HT making anything beyond Batman here, I just don't. Every time a new license is announced with this company, people go bat_____ crazy over the future possibilities. How often do those possibilities pan out? Hardly and never. Just my 2 cents, but that's how I see this unfolding as well. Hope I'm wrong, but I'd be shocked if I was. Plus, I feel like this will take forever to release with all there backlog they have still to complete.

I'm not quite sure what to think of the sideshow announcement stuff now. Either they subcontracted hot toys to do this or they leave the Arkham scene all together I'm not sure.

I biggest reason I disagree with this, is that this is/will be Hot Toys 1st non movie hero 1/6 license. I can image they'd stop at 1. ESPECIALLY BATMAN.

NOW GO SECURE A MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE LICENSE HT! :pray:

I biggest reason I disagree with this, is that this is/will be Hot Toys 1st non movie hero 1/6 license. I can image they'd stop at 1. ESPECIALLY BATMAN.

NOW GO SECURE A MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE LICENSE HT! :pray:

No Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 License?

Any opertunity hot toys has to make another joker I'm sure they will.

Hot Toys has never been one to miss a Joker opportunity. I could see them stopping after two, though.

SnakeDoc

I would laugh in confusion if they didn't make Joker. That wouldn't make any sense. It would be the same as releasing this Batman figure without his Utility belt and cowl.

Joker is a given so Batman being the only one is impossible. Catwoman is EXTREMELY possible. After them, things begin to get questionable. Since Nightwing and Robin are playable characters also, I can see a great chance of them being made as well. I REALLY want that Two Face, because he looks 10000x better than Nolans version, and the black/white suit is great.
But of Course, I think its obvious what I want more than any other figure in the line.

tumblr_luf342kyXI1qa1vjko1_500.gif

I WANT/NEED that Figure

I wouldn't be so sure. HT is INFAMOUS for one-and-done figures. Barney Ross, Alice, Wolverine, Perseus, Dastan, etc, etc. Many of these figures had 'obvious' counter parts or additional figures that could have been done: Li, Statham, Sabretooth, Clare, Wesker, etc Just becuase the Joker would be an obvious choice doesn't mean he's coming. And even if he is, that doesn't mean Catwoman is any more likely.

Granted, this is Batman. HT knows anything Batman sells. So its possible they will make several figures from this game. But its also possible we'll get just Batman and thats it because they've already overloaded themselves with licenses they haven't even bothered touching yet, but announced over a YEAR ago.

The truth is, HT is utterly unpredictable. Just becuase something is a no brainer to us doesn't mean it is to them. :duh

And for the record, Nightwing simply won't happen. No way. He's not even really in the game.

I wouldn't be so sure. HT is INFAMOUS for one-and-done figures. Barney Ross, Alice, Wolverine, Perseus, Dastan, etc, etc. Many of these figures had 'obvious' counter parts or additional figures that could have been done: Li, Statham, Sabretooth, Clare, Wesker, etc Just becuase the Joker would be an obvious choice doesn't mean he's coming. And even if he is, that doesn't mean Catwoman is any more likely.

Granted, this is Batman. HT knows anything Batman sells. So its possible they will make several figures from this game. But its also possible we'll get just Batman and thats it because they've already overloaded themselves with licenses they haven't even bothered touching yet, but announced over a YEAR ago.

The truth is, HT is utterly unpredictable. Just becuase something is a no brainer to us doesn't mean it is to them. :duh

And for the record, Nightwing simply won't happen. No way. He's not even really in the game.

They hit the resident evil line quite a bit, and that was a VGM line.
Really? Demon Batman wasn't "really" in Batman Begins either, so its quite possible. As a matter of fact, they made the Shadow Predator figure also, so thats two figures based off the characters barely seen in their films.

IMG_0005-1.jpg

shadow_predator_hot02.jpg

Last edited:

They hit the resident evil line quite a bit, and that was a VGM line.
Really? Demon Batman wasn't "really" in Batman Begins either, so its quite possible.

No, Demon Batman was in the movie. He even had lines. Nightwing didn't. He doesn't talk and he never appeared in the story aka THE GAME. :lol

And they did only make 4 characters from that game. They all just had variants. So if we are lucky, we'll get:

Batman
Joker
Catwoman
Harley Quinn

and

Whiteout promo Batman
Whiteout promo Joker
Whiteout promo Catwoman
Whiteout promo Harley

:lol

Not my bag but cool that they're embracing video game stuff more and more :)

No, Demon Batman was in the movie. He even had lines. Nightwing didn't. He doesn't talk and he never appeared in the story aka THE GAME. :lol

And they did only make 4 characters from that game. They all just had variants. So if we are lucky, we'll get:

Batman
Joker
Catwoman
Harley Quinn

and

Whiteout promo Batman
Whiteout promo Joker
Whiteout promo Catwoman
Whiteout promo Harley

:lol

All this is irrelevant. Why??????? They started showing this before Metal Gear Solid. Absolutely stupid blasphemy on their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back