Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure

This is pretty sweet news.

Batman, Robin & Harley for me would be enough.

I have one of Hannoumans custom Joker heads on pre-order so that & the BBK Clown body will suffice if we don't see a Joker but it would be nice if he came out too.

Robin, Harley & Bats though & I'd be like a pig in poop.

Neil

Inspired or not, I'd agree with the notion that the Arkham City Two-Face is 10000X, or whatever, better than the TDK Two-Face. That 30s/40s gangster look, the way his watch is fused to his wrist, the fact that he isn't a Californian, blonde, "dude". The missing sleeve is a bit much but it's definitely a great design. The character and personality is also better, there's actually a Harvey Dent and a Two-Face, and they have conversations with each other. He's a twisted, tragic, maniac.

Too bad there wasn't more of him in the game. I thought he would have been utilized more and would have been more fleshed out, like in the Animated Series. If future films ever use Harvey Dent/Two-Face, I'd love it if they went a similar route (maybe focusing more on his split personality like BTAS) instead of the cackling lunatic that was the Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face or the angry, revenge fueled, unfair, Eckhart Two-Face.

Inspired or not, I'd agree with the notion that the Arkham City Two-Face is 10000X, or whatever, better than the TDK Two-Face. That 30s/40s gangster look, the way his watch is fused to his wrist, the fact that he isn't a Californian, blonde, "dude". The missing sleeve is a bit much but it's definitely a great design. The character and personality is also better, there's actually a Harvey Dent and a Two-Face, and they have conversations with each other. He's a twisted, tragic, maniac.

Too bad there wasn't more of him in the game. I thought he would have been utilized more and would have been more fleshed out, like in the Animated Series. If future films ever use Harvey Dent/Two-Face, I'd love it if they went a similar route (maybe focusing more on his split personality like BTAS) instead of the cackling lunatic that was the Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face or the angry, revenge fueled, unfair, Eckhart Two-Face.

TDK Two Face served his purpose well so I have no issues with how Nolan tackled him. The fact that he's blonde doesn't make a jot of a difference to me

But yes I'd love to see a future film focus solely on Two Face, no riddler, no joker, nothing else. Just Batman and Two Face. Ton of potential there

AC Two-face is simply a combination of the Nolan Two-face and the Animated Series 2 face (black and white suit). Its no secret the designers love that old animated series, I mean, look who they got to voice Joker, Batman, and Harely (AA) afterall. Its a great design, but sadly won't see HT treatment.

I'm wondering if they'll give the cape a similar 'hole/rod' feature as the 89 Batman so we can have it in 'gliding' mode....

I agree with Buttmunch on being realistic about HT lines. I too would love a Batman, Joker, Bane, HQ.........

But its does nothing but set things up for disappointment when you put such high expectations on something so unpredictible that you have no control over.

I'll be satisfied with Batman simply because it will be the first non movie related hero figure HT is making. If they make 2nd, I'll be evern more thrilled. And although it will probably be Joker, I'd take anyone as the follow up to Batman.

With all that said, it would surprise me if they did end up making 3-6 figures from AC. HT knows Batman and Iron Man sell. I'm sure they'll see how well Batman sells before committing to too much more. I guess we'll get the chance to see if everyone who begged for COMIC RELATED figures from HT will step up when they actually are made!

I will!:yess:

Batman and Joker are givens despite HT's history for one and dones. If they could figure out a way to shove The Joker into an Iron Man suit they would. Catwoman is a strong possibility as well only because HT likes and knows that tits and ass has a fair selling possibility. You think Black Widow was made over Whiplash II or Hammer Drones because she oh so important to the storyline? I realistically don't think we'll get even to Catwoman unless the line sells but if it does I could see HT going ape____ with it.

I'm kind of doubting we will get a Catwoman anytime soon only for the fact that HT will be releasing/announcing Anne and Michelle ones this year.

^ True that. But you could also say that if those two are very successful it may spur HT on to make an AC version...

^ True that. But you could also say that if those two are very successful it may spur HT on to make an AC version...

:exactly: I see 'em milking this license if it's going to be successful.

Battle-damged Bats would also be awesome!

Heres my take on it.

I do want as much as possible, but one is better than none. I'll take what I can get.

Theres a few big things working for us to get more than Joker and Bats.

1. Bats and Joker always sell, so that MIGHT open the door for others.

2. The biggest thing to me for us to get more. No likeness fees, permission and so on. People never put that into reason why others from a line never get made. Some actors want to much money, or some dont want anything made at all(my reason for nothing Statham has been made) HT dont have to play these money and ego games with this line. They might flood us with figures.

I'm kind of doubting we will get a Catwoman anytime soon only for the fact that HT will be releasing/announcing Anne and Michelle ones this year.

Speculation really. We assume Anne is coming because of the TDKR license, one could use the same two and through argument for Bane and a new Batman (although I think they are making one). They've announced Batman Returns but not exactly when or what they'll do, that might be another full year away.

Not to mention that HT will have no problems releasing a Batman for 89 and then later on in the same year announcing/ordering a Batman for TDKR.

Given that with these they just have to make them and not deal with anything other than that, I would imagine that AC has the fasttrack over everything else especially with the likeness free license as someone pointed out.

Last edited:

Hey man, Batman needs the Joker. With all those Iron Man versions, I really doubt they won't make him. Either way, the DX 2.0 Joker is coming as well, so we might see something until next year most likely, since we really now next to nothing about the 2.0 Joker.

And just like Hot Toys got the Iron Man fever, now it's Batman's turn. And if you ask me, I believe Batman is more popular then Iron Man worldwide.

Yea I already mentioned no likeness rights and again right there on the announcement it says "Collectible(s)" plural. I'm guessing that means at least 2 figures.

I think Batman, Catwoman, and Joker make the most sense, if we get that far, I'll be more then happy.

People holding out for Nightwing, are you kidding? He's not even in the game, only the DLC. And Robins only in it for like 10 seconds, Six million people bought the actual game, not the DLC.

This makes me positive that they'll do Forever. A personal favourite.

I'll buy Batman, Joker, Nurse Harley, and Catwoman, if made and done to usual Hot Toys high standards. Lucky for me, they are also the four characters most likely to be made - if they make that many characters to begin with.

Beyond that, if we get that far, I'll just take it as it comes.

Yeah plus Hot Toys doesn't like to make nurses apparently... :monkey4

Pretty much the givens are:

Sideshow Arkham Asylum : Batman
Hot Toys Arkham City: Batman , Joker

hopes:

Harley Quinn
(she was the 3rd character in Square Enix Line and the first female from the Mattel Video Game Line) was equally important in the marketing campaign as Catwoman

Catwoman

Ivy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back