Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure

And remember, Sideshow only showed concept sketches. That doesn't mean they are ever making one. Lots of concepts never see the light of day. People read into things like that way too much these days.

Sideshow's conceptual sketches were also specifically labeled Arkham Asylum so I would imagine that HT's may not bleed into that game anyway in order to keep things separated.

the license announcement does say "collectibles" - and they did already show Bats. The most obvious other choice would be Joker of course..though I think they're going to definitely make two versions of Bats as well much like Jill, Leon, and Chris...:dunno:panic::dunno

I have never played the game, but if the fig ends up looking seriously cool i might just have to bite :)

i'm late but man was this cool to see/read. I'm really curious to see how they make the Cowl and what material they choose for the the suit. However, I'm really glad to see so many accessories already :rock

really glad I didn't just get the PlayArts figures.

I JUST got the play arts Joker, but I won't mind having a 1/6 one too. I just hope we get a "clean" or unsickly Joker portrait.

I'd also LOVE a battle damaged Batman from the end of Arkham City.

I'm definitely picking up Batman and Harley if HT makes her. Think we'll see him at SDCC?

I bet he will be at SDCC.

Given it looks like we got a shot of the molds for the armor pieces I would say that it's a fairly great bet that we'll at minimum see Batman at SDCC.

Sideshow's conceptual sketches were also specifically labeled Arkham Asylum so I would imagine that HT's may not bleed into that game anyway in order to keep things separated.
:exactly: :lecture

Batman12Arkham.png

Given it looks like we got a shot of the molds for the armor pieces I would say that it's a fairly great bet that we'll see Batman...

... before summer.

Holy crap!
This/these are a must-have!
I'm so glad I saw this before ordering the Mk II.

Still haven't play this game, been wanting to. Can't wait to see photos of this figure.

Not interested in Bats (I like the games but think the character models aren't that great--too weird and 'roid-y looking), but if this license means we'll see a HT 1/6 Harley Quinn, then I'm in....

After this, I can see Hot Toys doing Schumacher Batman figures now, especially a Batman, Robin and the Riddler. They seem to have nearly every license for Batman related items, I have a hard time believing that they won't obtain that one as well.

I would assume the most difficult license to obtain was Batman and Batman Returns so we may see Hot Toys Batman related collectibles for years and years to come.

- Batman 1989
- Batman Returns
- Batman Begins
- The Dark Knight
- The Dark Knight Rises
- Arkham City

Who knows what the future holds. Between all the films and the game, there's a lot of potential for an increasing number of Rogues Gallery villains.

Once they announced Batman Returns I figured they'd go all out and do Batman Forever and Batman & Robin eventually as well. This was a shocker though. I thought they were stupid not making AA figures when that first came out. And then AC got released and we still got nothing. So I figured it just wasn't going to happen. Very, very odd to announce it now and in the way they did (showing hands and accessories).

I always wanted to create a thread which would hit over 200 posts in less than 12 hours, with only a prototype teaser pic to show

:yess: Thank You Hot Toys!

Coming back to the figure, I wonder what the height of this figure will be. I mean since its pretty much a stylized hyper-realistic design. The proportions and actual scale is debatable. Plus I wonder will they make a completely new body for it. None of the HT bodies or anything in the market can resemble the proportions of Batman in the game

Sorry but you still haven't. The two threads were merged and the size of this thread doubled beacuse of that. So keep trying :wink1

endorse all your paychecks to hot toys------------------

I hope they can recreate the armored look without resorting to rubber again. If they can pull it off, it might be their first pose-able batman figure.

Moe made a fantastic Arkham Batman with cloth and it looked amazing. I don't see why HT couldn't do the same. There really is no need for rubber on this. Captain America proved they cand do intricate sewing with fabric without having to result to rubber outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back