Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure

My hopes are: We see Arkham City Batman 2-3 months prior to Comic-Con.:lecture
Green Lantern is the only other on your list that remotely interests me. As much as I loved X-Men:First Class, I don't know what to think about that. I'm not sure that the looks are interesting enough to warrant the $150-200 price tag. I'd think that a Magneto and that's it would be the way to go on that one. Charles was kind of boring (from a visual standpoint).

Though I think you guys are deserving of at least something from that and MGS. I think that Neytiri would be a good choice, business wise, for them to pursue, as she is arguably just as popular (if not more so) as Jake Sully, and they pretty much already have the body developed (it would be a waste to put that time and money into developing something, only for it to be a one-off). However, again, Avatar doesn't interest me. I'm honestly shocked that they didn't cancel Sucker Punch's line, it was a terrible movie, and a bomb, you guys should be thankful for what you got.

I'm probably dreaming to say this, but Hot Toys can make a killing by making all of the main villains of Batman: Arkham City :clap

Joker, Catwoman, Hugo Strange, Victor Zsasz, Mr. Freeze, Bane!!!

Especially considering Bane's size, but my main wants are:
-Batman
-Joker
-Catwoman
-Robin
-Mr.Freeze (That suit with LEDs would be effin' amazing)

Others that I wouldn't mind seeing:
-Two-Face
-Nightwing
-Penguin (Be a good way to re-use the Devito body)

I don't expect to see half of those, but I would buy anything from this line. That being said, I wouldn't mind one bit if we got a BD Batman figure, and if we did get a regular Catwoman, a good Convention Exclusive would be a Black & White Promo Edition Batman & Catwoman figure set.

My hopes are: We see Arkham City Batman 2-3 months prior to Comic-Con.:lecture
Green Lantern is the only other on your list that remotely interests me. As much as I loved X-Men:First Class, I don't know what to think about that. I'm not sure that the looks are interesting enough to warrant the $150-200 price tag. I'd think that a Magneto and that's it would be the way to go on that one. Charles was kind of boring (from a visual standpoint).

Though I think you guys are deserving of at least something from that and MGS. I think that Neytiri would be a good choice, business wise, for them to pursue, as she is arguably just as popular (if not more so) as Jake Sully, and they pretty much already have the body developed (it would be a waste to put that time and money into developing something, only for it to be a one-off). However, again, Avatar doesn't interest me. I'm honestly shocked that they didn't cancel Sucker Punch's line, it was a terrible movie, and a bomb, you guys should be thankful for what you got.

X-men has other visually interesting charcter BTW, Beast for one.

And your opinions on Sucker Punch are precisely that and not indicative on the worth of the license, GG have made a killing on that license and Sideshow is set to to the same, with the update on releases (finally) by Hot Toys earlier Babydoll and Jake were the most talked about/popular, so there plainly is a market, so "you should be thankful for what you got" is very close-minded and begrudging of others interests. One could say you should be thankful for all of the various Batman figures already made instead of wanting more and more

My list doesn't matter anyway, that's simply what i am hoping for, doesn't mean others have to, though i'm absolutely certain there are many with the same interests and hopes for SDCC.

-Batman
-Joker
-Catwoman
-Robin

-Two-Face
-Nightwing

I don't expect to see half of those, but I would buy anything from this line. That being said, I wouldn't mind one bit if we got a BD Batman figure, and if we did get a regular Catwoman, a good Convention Exclusive would be a Black & White Promo Edition Batman & Catwoman figure set.

I'm not a big-time HT batman collector, so i'm not used to being spoiled rotten.

i'd like:

Batman
Catwoman
Mr. Freeze
Joker
Bane

5 figures is more than enough from any one license

Look at how many times they recycle an Iron Man or Batsuit with variants to justify how complicated it is to make.

We will never get a Mr Freeze or Bane or Killer Croc or anyone that will require a brand new body being developed etc in this line. It's unfortunate but it's also definate. This is Hot Toys people they have a track record. I do expect 2 Batman variants, clean and Battle Ravaged.

Joker seems likely.

Catwoman would be gravy since they will also be doing a TDKR Catwoman and she is a playable full roaming character they designed to be part of the main story from the beginning but I'll honestly be surprised if the line makes it that far.

We have a Watchmen "line" with Silk Spectre and Comedian only, a Platoon "line" with Barnes and Taylor, just don't get your hopes up people.

What I do love about a possible Catwoman is I have a "no real hair" rule for my collection so I currently have no females. Since hers is under the cowl and just barely sticks out on her forehead I could finally add a female to my collection.

Look at how many times they recycle an Iron Man or Batsuit with variants to justify how complicated it is to make.

We will never get a Mr Freeze or Bane or Killer Croc or anyone that will require a brand new body being developed etc in this line. It's unfortunate but it's also definate. This is Hot Toys people they have a track record. I do expect 2 Batman variants, clean and Battle Ravaged.

Joker seems likely.

Catwoman would be gravy since they will also be doing a TDKR Catwoman and she is a playable full roaming character they designed to be part of the main story from the beginning but I'll honestly be surprised if the line makes it that far..

:goodpost:

Most of their milking is through ease of using the same bodies over again or remaking it with alot of the same mold, as far as milking or even line completion with each character being different, that hardly ever happens the announcement of them making every Avenger is the only time i think they'll ever finish a line.

We have a Watchmen "line" with Silk Spectre and Comedian only, a Platoon "line" with Barnes and Taylor, just don't get your hopes up people

:exactly:

Some fans are spoiled for choice, others don't even get the bare minimum and can't even afford to even hope for one of the main characters to get one release let alone ten different supporting characters and multiples versions lf the same character.

I'd be surprised if they didn't make a Joker. I'd be surprised if they made anyone else, though. I wouldn't hold out hope for a HT doing anyone but Bats and Joker.

If you're looking for a rogue's gallery, try DCD. Cheaper, anyway.

SnakeDoc

...but Sucker Punch was a terrible movie (it's clinic...I mean critically proven) :lecture, and I would rather see them put that time into other stuff. Hell, MGS would be better than that ____fest. You should be thankful for what you got, two figures is more than enough for a license like that. I am thankful for what I got, but I'm just as thankful that I'm a Batman fan, as it's a matter of me being in the right place at at the right time. As for X-Men, I did think of a one-off character like Beast or Azazel, but I wasn't too optimistic about the prospects of such if they didn't do the main characters.

...but Sucker Punch was a terrible movie (it's clinic...I mean critically proven) :lecture, and I would rather see them put that time into other stuff. Hell, MGS would be better than that ____fest. You should be thankful for what you got, two figures is more than enough for a license like that. I am thankful for what I got, but I'm just as thankful that I'm a Batman fan, as it's a matter of me being in the right place at at the right time. As for X-Men, I did think of a one-off character like Beast or Azazel, but I wasn't too optimistic about the prospects of such if they didn't do the main characters.

The Spirit is the result of throwing human _____ matter at a film reel and sending it out across the country but it got 3, count em 3 characters/figures. Still no Rorscach from Watchmen but we did get the girl who showed her a-cups.

Hot Toys = :cuckoo:

If we get anything other than just Batman it will be the Joker. I wouldn't even say he's a definate at this point though. HT is very strange when it comes to their video game lines.

I must say that I'd love to see customizers tackle the Arkham City secondary/side-mission villains, since we are expecting Hot Toys to release only Joker.

Since starting to play B: AC, I've rekindled my fandom for Batman, and would love to collect Arkham City versions only to represent Bats in my collection :clap

Bottom line: Batman is my favorite design of the bunch, so I'll be happy just knowing that we're getting him. Anything else would be icing on the cake.

Edit: nevermind i don't wanna get into arguements, it doesn't help anything, and i don't wanna be that guy who spends time angry at HT anymore :peace

All i'll say is Arkham City Batman will be THE definitive Hot Toys Batman :lecture

Last edited:

If we get anything other than just Batman it will be the Joker. I wouldn't even say he's a definate at this point though. HT is very strange when it comes to their video game lines.
Yes, but they love them some Joker. We've already got 4 Jokers released (5 if you count cop Joker), with one more already announced. I would bet good money that he's coming.

Edit: nevermind i don't wanna get into arguements, it doesn't help anything, and i don't wanna be that guy who spends time angry at HT anymore :peace

All i'll say is Arkham City Batman will be THE definitive Hot Toys Batman :lecture

I'm sorry if I seemed hostile, I just had the mind set that you don't look a gift horse in the mouth, and it seemed like, now that HT is releasing Baby Doll, you'd start complaining about a lack of Sweet Pea. Are we good now, Nova?

After last year's SDCC reveals, they have to make some big ones this year.

-Batman
-Joker
-Catwoman
-Robin

-Two-Face
-Nightwing

I doubt that Hot Toys will even make half of the characters on that list. Batman and Joker (maybe the Joker) and that will most likely be it. Their VGM lines are not prioritized like the movie franchises.

I know, but in my ideal world, Hot Toys would only cost $20, DC Direct wouldn't exist, and we would get the entire cast done in 1/6th.:lol HT doesn't really pay as much attention to their video game licenses, and it's a shame, too, considering how ripe with visually interesting character designs they are (Batman, MGS, AC). As for that wishlist, at most, I think we'll see Batman, Joker, and Catwoman, but that's being very optimistic. We will probably only see Bats and Joker, or even Batman alone for that matter. It does make me wonder, though. If there does wind up being a 5-10 year gap between the end of the Nolan series and another Batman film: what will HT cash in on? Eventually, there will be no variations left to make of the Nolan characterizations, and I think that they'll only take the Burton stuff so far. If ever their other lines were to run out of steam, I could not think of a more worthy successor than the Arkham series.

Jokers great, and he is the best joker but its just too predictable, i'd prefer Freeze honestly

I'd like a Freeze based on the technical aspect alone, all of the details; tubes, lights, etc., would make for one hell of a figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back