Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure

Just finished the game... :thud: this, is my favorite Batman... ever.

I can't wait to see the figure/s

I wish they would make a movie based on these games :( they are so freaking perfect.

It would never be able to live up to this series, not even Nolan's stuff comes remotely close to touching the universe and Gotham that Rocksteady has crafted. I'm just glad they announced this license the same day I was considering picking up 89 Batman and before they announced another DX Ledger. No need for them anymore.

It would never be able to live up to this series, not even Nolan's stuff comes remotely close to touching the universe and Gotham that Rocksteady has crafted. I'm just glad they announced this license the same day I was considering picking up 89 Batman and before they announced another DX Ledger. No need for them anymore.

I hate Nolan's films... actually what I would love is a CG film by the RockSteady team.
kind of like Neil Burger the new director for the Uncharted film working with the Naughty Dog team for the film... *long sigh*

Just imagine a whole film... like this. *drools*

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muCtJsy-d9w&feature=related[/ame]

^ A full movie like that would be EPIC. Doubt it'll ever happen though unless it's straight-to-dvd....

Hot Toys posted a Newsflash stating that they're making interchangable faces for half masked faces :horror

Shockingly new technique huh? :lol

This figure is pretty much guarenteed these options, which will be great though :yess:

:yess: This is the one feature I've been wanting most for this release, so hopefully that means it's a safe bet he'll have them.

^ A full movie like that would be EPIC. Doubt it'll ever happen though unless it's straight-to-dvd....

I would like a CGI film as well. Thought this was a pretty cool concept.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGSvaVL0lK4&list=FL_D3m-GsCWrSkh9GOIRT6iA&index=17&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

Paul Frieling also worked on that CGI AC trailer as well.

Don't forget the PERS! Which is something else they hinted at. I'm betting we'll get confirmation of this when the specs and pics hit...which better be tonight, Hot Toys!

I hate Nolan's films... actually what I would love is a CG film by the RockSteady team.
kind of like Neil Burger the new director for the Uncharted film working with the Naughty Dog team for the film... *long sigh*

Just imagine a whole film... like this. *drools*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muCtJsy-d9w&feature=related

Thats... Not... Possible...

Anyway, on topic, this looks awsome. Maybemy first purchase if theresa guarantee of it not destroying itself after a short amount of time.

I'm hoping for a cloth body suit on this one, instead of rubber—more like Battle Suit Jill Valentine than like the previous Batmen.

Am I unaware of some event going on? Why does everyone think the reveal will happen so soon after the sneak peek?

p.s. sfa, the diorama in your sig is fantastic!

Don't forget the PERS! Which is something else they hinted at. I'm betting we'll get confirmation of this when the specs and pics hit...which better be tonight, Hot Toys!

funny-pictures-cat-has-no-patience.jpg

Waiting less than a whole month, how do you bare it? :slap

I'm hoping for a cloth body suit on this one, instead of rubber—more like Battle Suit Jill Valentine than like the previous Batmen.

Am I unaware of some event going on? Why does everyone think the reveal will happen so soon after the sneak peek?

p.s. sfa, the diorama in your sig is fantastic!
Thanks! :D

Yeah, I'm hoping for some form of fabric body suit for this too. I'm sure it could be done to great effect, with the correct detailing and lines/rivets etc. added to it. Looks wise, I just don't see a rubber suit working for this figure at all.

HT just needs to get away from rubber suits in general

Why do you say that? When you look at the previous Batman figures they've done it's a rubber suit in the source material so it would be inaccurate to do anything other :dunno

With this figure they can probably get away with doing either tbh, the fact that the suit gets torn in both games suggests the game does model it on a fabric rather than a rubber but I wouldn't be surprised to see Hot Toys do another rubber suit to give the impression of it being armored like the Play Arts figures

I think most collectors have an issue with rubber suits on figures simply because they restrict posing, and in some cases can deteriorate. It's not so much the fact they're made of rubber as it is the fact that the rubber creates huge posing restrictions and can damage easily or deteriorate.
As you say though, for the figures based on the Batman movie costumes using rubber suits is accurate. But for this Arkham City Batman it really ought to be made of fabric to be more 'authentic', since in the game it's clearly a fabric (albeit armoured fabric) costume. Plus a fabric costume for this release would greatly increase posing options, something which it ought to have more of over the movie versions of the character.
I'm convinced something like they used for their Spiderman figure would work here too and be able to have the same textured/armoured look that the game costume had.

Tonight Hot Toys! I'm tired of hearing "Avengers!"

I'm convinced something like they used for their Spiderman figure would work here too and be able to have the same textured/armoured look that the game costume had.

I agree. The suit had almost like a fluid, flexible Kevlar feel to it.

Seriously, friggin' Hawkeye? Of all of the Avengers, you choose Hawkeye?

Batman>>>>Hawkeye

More useless posts this thread needs.

25.jpg

I agree. The suit had almost like a fluid, flexible Kevlar feel to it.
Yeah, exactly. That's why I think a rubber suit wouldn't work at all here - it would just look too bulky and rigid. A fabric costume would be a much better option, as long as the body underneath allowed for the correct proportions as Batman in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back