Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure NOT REVEALED

Yep, an opportunity slept on because he fell for the Iron Man hype

I'm not mad at all the armors(even though it is ridiculous), but how many Tony Stark figures do they really need? In all this time, they could have shown these 2 by now.

Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure NOT REVEALED

Sad thing is Batman is what really put HT into the big league. When their TDK line came out, people started paying attention to them and they got BIG fast. Before that they were more under the radar. The Pirates line was their first real goo attempt at likenesses that I noticed from them, but Batman built HT into what they are today. But they've cast him aside even for the license that made them more than anything else now - Marvel, with a heavy emphasis on Iron Man. :(

I can only hope we get something soon with the Arkham Knight launch. But of course, we hoped the same thing when Arkham Origins was launched :slap

yeah .. the iron man stuff ... Tony Stark in mechanic form .. Tony Stark in a cowboy form .. Tony Stark in an Iron Man .. they never did that with Bruce Wayne or even a Clark Kent

all the stuff seen here got Released or Being Released .. so i guess it should be soon

HOT_TOY_2013_PREVIEW_02.jpg

I believe the only things we haven't seen are Ichabod, Joker, and the Prometheus (Shaw?) suit. It sucks because the head sculpt on Joker seems to be the only thing they hadn't finished.

Hot Toys is probably the most unpredictable company I've ever been witness to. As much as I'd like to say "this line is never going to see the light of day," I still think it could happen. We're now seeing teases for Smooth Criminal MJ (again), and Prometheus (again), and, to be honest, Raiden's costume looks a hell of a lot more complex than Arkham Batman's. I've given up waiting on this line, but I do think it'll still happen.

They are doing all the Ironman line because they have to, Ironman is their bread & butter, sure it's Batman that brought HT into the big game but it's Ironman's sculpt & paintjob (back then) that brought HT to a whole new level which they take pride in except the pink panties.

Now that there's so many competiting companies releasing supposingly better Ironmans, it would make a big impact on HT should they lose out to the Ironman market, this would make them look like losers who backed out from competition and allowing other brands to establish bigger names in the market.

They don't do Batmans because right now no company is currenty giving them a big threat, we all know Medicom's Batman caters for different Batman fans & Takara's Batman couldn't really beat HT back then. Should HT stop producing Ironman, they might just lose their license for other Marvels because other companies will look like they are selling better with the Marvel License. Marvel wants to keep the ironman fad hot & they need HT & other manufacturers to help doing so on the toys & collectibles department.

I'm not sure if HT accepts investment plans but maybe if SSfreaks chip in some dough and invest it on HT, they might have more resources to initiate other projects like more Batmans.

I'm not mad at all the armors(even though it is ridiculous), but how many Tony Stark figures do they really need? In all this time, they could have shown these 2 by now.

The new Non-Batman video game figure they just showed off only further rubs salt into the wound that is the Arkham line.

all i can say is... wow, the last time I posted in here has been a couple months ago, to see there hasn't even been a bit of news is so disappointing.

The new Non-Batman video game figure they just showed off only further rubs salt into the wound that is the Arkham line.

As much as I love the Metal Gear figure, I'd have to agree. The wait for this has been awful. I can't even imagine what's the reason for the delay.

While MetalGear Raiden is very intricate and detailed, its easyer cause hes a robotic design, where Bats suit looks material/rubbery. Thats hard to pull off to get accuracy and articulation. Maybe thats what theyre stuggeling with?

But this is definitely will be coming. look how long it took for Resi4 Ada, or that they've stuck with RE6 figures even though everyone hated the game.

Three VGM figures and no Batman. If I wasn't over the moon with Raiden I'd be pissed

At least it's a little hope of this making an appearance. Any VGM news and not Iron Mang news is good news.

Its not Hot Toys it must be the company holding out for whatever reason although I blame Hot Toys for not keeping us up to date and the last few interviews never mentioned anything about this line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

it must be the company holding out for whatever reason.
:exactly: WB are ***holes.

I blame Hot Toys for not keeping us up to date and the last few interviews never mentioned anything about this line.
Then again maybe they can't say anything public cuz of WB.

:exactly: WB are ***holes.

Then again maybe they can't say anything public cuz of WB.

Generally that has not been the case in the past as the delays have been either production issues, as was the case with green lantern, or the more common delay and that is actors giving their approvals to the sculpts.

In this case I am not sure what is causing the delay as other companies have made figures based on this property and since thier are no actors involved it quite possible it is something to do with the suit.

They are quick to announce licenses but they do a horrible job with updating thier customers of production delays and changes to the release schedule we have to hear about through a blogger making a review even though they have thier own website and facebook page

resident evil 6 got figures over this lmao.

I think the "salt in the wound" of this is the fact that the announcement was even made. For years we dreamed that these would happen, but we were content in knowing that they never would, because HT doesn't do video games. Then, they showed that backstage pic/license announcement, and, suddenly, the pipe dream was a reality...or not. I'd have been happier had they just not even bothered with the license, rather than this.

I have a sliver of hope on this, but it got even smaller after two back to back VGM announcements.

But even still...

Soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back