Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - Guardians of The Galaxy - Backstage Pass - TF Preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Guardians of The Galaxy - Collectible Figurines

I love GotG. So I'm probably in trouble with these, if they go deep with the line. I do fear they'll pull a Thor or something and only do 2-3 figures. But surely they'd at least get to all the people on the team?

I love GotG. So I'm probably in trouble with these, if they go deep with the line. I do fear they'll pull a Thor or something and only do 2-3 figures. But surely they'd at least get to all the people on the team?

I hope so. I like collecting the figures as teams, a la, the Avengers.

it would be an utter and complete letdown if they didn't do the entire team. i'm assuming this will be based on how well received the movie will be. hopefully for us collectors that want the entire team to display, the movie does gang busters.

I also think it'll depend on how much $$$ the movie makes too. If the feedback is positive without the boxoffice buck to back it, I doubt we'll see much from HT. I think then they'll just pick the more popular characters from the team. Hence, I'd just expect Nova and RR.

I also think it'll depend on how much $$$ the movie makes too. If the feedback is positive without the boxoffice buck to back it, I doubt we'll see much from HT. I think then they'll just pick the more popular characters from the team. Hence, I'd just expect Nova and RR.

The Nova Corps are in the movie but Richard Rider isn't.

The easiest characters for HT to make are Star-Lord and Gamora as they wouldn't need completely new body types.

Drax might be possible on one of the existing muscle bodies. Might.

Rocket & Groot both need unique body types that have no chance for being reused unless there's another movie. HT apparently lost money developing Hulk and he's a very popular character so given that Rocket & Groot don't have anything like the same following it's debatable whether HT will consider them viable options.

The easiest characters for HT to make are Star-Lord and Gamora as they wouldn't need completely new body types.

Rocket & Groot both need unique body types that have no chance for being reused unless there's another movie. HT apparently lost money developing Hulk and he's a very popular character so given that Rocket & Groot don't have anything like the same following it's debatable whether HT will consider them viable options.

I can't get over the character's name being Richard Rider.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of that. Kinda disappointing.

I think this used to be the case, but after Hulk, Iron Whiplash, Iron Monger I think anything is possible. Groot and Rocket as a 2-pack makes sense or maybe as one of their limited posable figures.

Yep, not sure that I buy that HT lost money on Hulk in the first place (and especially not if we factor in the Hulk/Banner combo release). I think Rocket and Groot are at the very least a possibility. I could see picking them up and agree that they'd make a cool two-pack.

I think this used to be the case, but after Hulk, Iron Whiplash, Iron Monger I think anything is possible. Groot and Rocket as a 2-pack makes sense or maybe as one of their limited posable figures.

A fair point and I hope you're right as Guardians is by far the Marvel movie I'm looking forward to most.

Up to this point I have zero interest in this line, but I'm interested to see how well these figures would turn out in sixth scale form.

Nova huh.....design sucked but curious for sure.....I cannot wait for HT versions....

I'm really excited for this line. Will a racoon and talking tree fit in to most collections? Probably not. But I would love an actual Groot and Rocket Racoon. Star Lord could turn out to be an incredible figure. Drax is a great character, just curious to see how he'll look. I don't think there's gonna be much middle ground here- it's either gonna be an incredible set or completely terrible. Just my opinion of course.

it would be an utter and complete letdown if they didn't do the entire team. i'm assuming this will be based on how well received the movie will be. hopefully for us collectors that want the entire team to display, the movie does gang busters.

I'm not sure I would buy 1 or 2 figures from this movie. It may be the collector in me (no pun intended) but I want the full team displayed together. Then again, if they only make Starlord and Rocket/Groot they'll probably be the only 1/6 scale versions I'll ever see so if I want them at all I'll have to grab them.

It's times like these that I realize what a spoiled brat I've become when I consider it a problem that I might not get to spend $1000 or more in toys I want. I'm going to go donate some $$ to people that have real problems.

I am not sure so many characters anybody know who designed the costumes . The bad guys look terrible and I know they are trying to stick to the source material but I cant decide which is uglier xmen days of the future or this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Back