Art Figures AF-15 Heavy Armored Special Cop - He is the Law!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until Alter ego comics pull's the figure from their website,I think everyone is worrying for nothing

i just got an email from timewalkertoys that their supplier notified them of this mess.

bummer

Somebody should've told Art Figures that April fools day was last month. Whst a p155 take.

I just received an email from TimeWalker stating that the pre-orders through them have been suspended as well. Damn I'm disappointed. This would have been a great figure. Although they did say that Art Figure is trying to work it out and will notify them next week with the final word on the matter. So hopefully they can come to terms with the license issue and still move forward.

I ordered from a US seller on Ebay, selling at a decent price (IMO) of $140 shipped, using a CC. I feel like I have pretty good protection if things go south. I hope this gets made, but was maybe just a little too good to fly under the radar.

Here's what the email said I received below....

"You are receiving this message because you have placed a pre-order on the Art Figure AF-015 Heavy Armored Special Cop at TimewalkerToys.com.

Friday afternoon we received an email from our distributor stating the following:

"We received an email from UK regarding the new "ArtFigure Heavy Armored Special Cop" may violating Novel Judge Dredd copyright and registered-trademark. We suggest our retailers taken down the figure from your website until further notice. We are working with ArtFigure to resolve the issue."

On their advice, we have suspended new pre-orders on AF-015 for the time being. The distributor hopes to have information back from Art Figure by the middle of next week. Thank you for your patience while we wait for final word on the figure's availability.

If we are unable to bring the figure in, all previously placed pre-orders will be cancelled and you will receive prompt notice of cancellation from us.

If you have any further questions about your order, please do not hesitate to contact me at (913) 596-9929 during business hours or at [email protected].

We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your continuing support of Timewalker Toys.
Thank you for your business,

Steven Allen
Timewalker Toys & Collectibles"

Posted on OSW:

From 2000AD:

Quote:
We will not be working with Art Figure. We are constantly discussing new licenses with high-profile companies from around the world, bootleg and unlicensed merchandise undermines that work.

:rock I would love a Dredd, but not a fake one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back