Art Figures AF-15 Heavy Armored Special Cop - He is the Law!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I would expect this figure to be particularly popular in the UK, so it doesn't surprise me that UK sellers would get the most pre-orders.

Who cares if it comes off. He never takes it off in the movie. What kind of bizzare deal breaker is that for such a cheap, beautiful figure?

I don't need it to be removable, but I'm not bothered that it is. As long as he looks as good as the images (which Art figures seem to) I'll be happy.

From OSB's Facebook:

'With request from Rebellion Developments Ltd: 2000 AD & Judge Dredd license holders, the ART FIGURES - AF-015 - Heavy Armoured Special Cop has been taken down from OSB.
Emails will be sent out to those who have already preordered this weekend.
Thanks
OSB'

Not surprised, but as others have already said some retailers can be stopped from carrying the figure, but not all of them and worst case scenario you might have to buy from eBay.

It's a very very cheeky thing to release a figure like this no matter what side you are taking. Yes 2000AD don't need to be buzz kills as this will hardly effect their income or reputation.

On the other hand, you have to protect your intellectual property.

Exactly, part of having a license is defending it... and this is clearly ripping off Dredd, even if the badge says Deadd :lol

Exactly, part of having a license is defending it... and this is clearly ripping off Dredd, even if the badge says Deadd :lol
I definitely don't blame the licensor for doing what they should be doing here--I doubt they are concerned with genuine revenue loss so much as the idea of someone using their property without endorsement. But hopefully for the collectors this will only affect specific retailers.

I was on the fence about whether to buy this figure, but decided to guy ahead and pre-order him now in case he becomes impossible to buy/find later. Hopefully, retailers don't start cancelling their POs.

Just saw the message on Toy HQ's Facebook ("UPDATE: ART FIGURES AF-015 Heavy Armoured Special Cop has been taken down due to licensing issues. We will update once we have further news. Thanks").

NOOOOOOOOOOO! :mad:

If only this hadn't been such massively popular idea, it might have slipped under the radar like their other stuff. I honestly cannot understand why a manufacturer like Hot Toys hasn't made a licensed one already (I mean, we have figures from the GI Joe and Expendables movies for goodness sake), not that I think they could do much of a better job. I was so excited for this!

So do people with more experience/knowledge think that there's any way the pre-orders placed through these UK retailers won't have to be cancelled, like any supply route get around they could use, or would that be too close to the bone law wise? I reeeeally want this now and want to work out the best, most reliable and most cost effective way to get one to Scotland.

Just saw the message on Toy HQ's Facebook ("UPDATE: ART FIGURES AF-015 Heavy Armoured Special Cop has been taken down due to licensing issues. We will update once we have further news. Thanks").

NOOOOOOOOOOO! :mad:

If only this hadn't been such massively popular idea, it might have slipped under the radar like their other stuff. I honestly cannot understand why a manufacturer like Hot Toys hasn't made a licensed one already (I mean, we have figures from the GI Joe and Expendables movies for goodness sake), not that I think they could do much of a better job. I was so excited for this!

So do people with more experience/knowledge think that there's any way the pre-orders placed through these UK retailers won't have to be cancelled, like any supply route get around they could use, or would that be too close to the bone law wise? I reeeeally want this now and want to work out the best, most reliable and most cost effective way to get one to Scotland.

Just buy the figure from an eBay seller in China, No way are Art Figures going to pull out of making this guy, he is probably well into production anyway. I doubt the license holder (2000AD) can do anything about them selling this fig in China.

UK stores don't want to get in trouble, especially with a comic book favorite like 2000AD, so that's why they will back out on selling it.

I always thought it was because it didn't amazing numbers while it was in Theaters. It's definitely caught on since the DVD release but even with the studio not greenlighting a sequel, perhaps it wasn't on HT's "safe" licensing properties :dunno

I e-mailed BBTS and received a prompt and friendly reply:

"Thank you for contacting us. I have contacted our Product Acquisition Department and was informed we will not be offering this figure for sale. I hope you are able to find another resource to purchase this from if you so wish.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with and have a wonderful weekend!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back