Art Figures AF-15 Heavy Armored Special Cop - He is the Law!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First World problems.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

It's a very very cheeky thing to release a figure like this no matter what side you are taking. Yes 2000AD don't need to be buzz kills as this will hardly effect their income or reputation.

On the other hand, you have to protect your intellectual property.

I'd switch my preorder from Vantage to KG, but I don't have the funds to do it until Vantage refunds. If they even drop it.

Attention citizens of Sideshow Freaks.

2000 AD aren't the law.

Dredd's the law. He's coming for us.

Just buy one quick from a chinese ebay seller before the prices shoot way the f up when they realize they have a monopoly.

That's annoying to say the least. But to be honest I had a feeling it could happen. I wouldn't be surprised if it was ThreeA that kicked up a fuss since they've been working with the 2000AD license for the last few years (and generally being useless with it).

I'm not surprised 2000AD sent cease and desists to retailers as its a low-cost way to try to curtail this and all they really can do effectively. Especially with UK retailers, being in the same country. If they wanted to align with someone and do an alternative I would gladly buy that if it looked as good. But none exists. So hopefully this is still very gettable.

Last edited:
I doubt Art Figures would bother trying to make this at all if they had to pay licensing costs, and deal with all the other associated issues like getting licensor approval for this or that.

In terms of demand, I think there is definitely a niche demand, but it wouldn't touch something like a Predator or Iron Man figure. I don't think Hot Toys would touch this with a 10 foot pole.

It broke sales records at OSB and TOY HQ beating there sales of hot toys Superman.

have any pre-orders been cancelled yet? wouldn't panic just yet until they start cancelling your orders

That's annoying to say the least. But to be honest I had a feeling it could happen. I wouldn't be surprised if it was ThreeA that kicked up a fuss since they've been working with the 2000AD license for the last few years (and generally being useless with it).

Yes ThreeA's decision not to do a 1/6 Dredd is so dumb.
I've stopped buying there stuff, its got boring. However Threezero still gets my money, they're doing some good stuff.

It broke sales records at OSB and TOY HQ beating there sales of hot toys Superman.
Yeah, but usually HT has other official channels folks can order from. This figure didn't, so the orders were all funneled to the few retailers that we knew were offering them. Even if there is demand for, say, 500-1,000 figures, that doesn't come close to the 15-20,000 or whatever it is that Hot Toys figures usually run.

have any pre-orders been cancelled yet? wouldn't panic just yet until they start cancelling your orders

No, and Direct Collectables have said this:

We have contacted Art Figures: (their stand on the situation is they are currently dealing with this issue)

We will update everyone again very soon - DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back