Art Books -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Art Books

IMG_8984.jpg

IMG_8987.jpg

Just got this as well. It's pretty impressive - I might have to seek out the Iron Man ones.

I now have on the way to me -
J. Scott Campbell - More Gray Area Sketchbook
Dean Yeagle - Mandy Godiva
Dean Yeagle - Mandy's Shorts
Dean Yeagle - One Mandy Morning
Dean Yeagle - Scribblings
Dean Yeagle - Scribblings 2
Dean Yeagle - Scribblings 3
Dean Yeagle - Scribblings 4

Hopefully USPS don't take too long to ship to Australia

and thanks again to The ill Jedi for linking me up to StuartNgBooks, such an awesome site.

Good stuff dude and you're welcome!

Alright, I won't get a shot at that store for another 2 weeks so hopefully someone else out there can still get there hands on this book.

I see you're in SoCal. What store?

I got my Art of Thor book today. Really nice slip case with a great hardcover book inside. I'll post a pic here in a bit and its two weeks early from what Ill Jedi was telling me.

I think i told you already, but I got mine the day after we talked about it!

It's awesome, but gonna wait 'til I see the movie 'til I flip thru it. It's a thing with me. :D

Just got this as well. It's pretty impressive - I might have to seek out the Iron Man ones.

Be prepared to shell out big bucks for the first hardcover , unless you want the paperbacks.

Nah, you said it had shipped but it hadn't arrived yet. Its awesome inside. Nothing that would spoil anything but I understand waiting.

I got the Thor Art book from Amazon yesterday too. :rock:yess:
I will probably go through it later today cause all of those Australian Freaks with their 10/10 reviews of Thor are killing me right now with our May 6 release date in the states. :rotfl:rotfl:pfft:

Gotta get my Thor fix!! :panic:

Be prepared to shell out big bucks for the first hardcover , unless you want the paperbacks.

How much is the first Iron Man HC book going for these days? I was super lucky to score one from an online retailer brand new for retail just a few months ago. I kept it sealed, i dont think i'll open it.

I gotta ask in the Thor book, are there lots of rough concept sketches or is it more finished digital pieces such as what the cover looks like.

I gotta ask in the Thor book, are there lots of rough concept sketches or is it more finished digital pieces such as what the cover looks like.

As you can see i this review its a great mix of both. Which is one of the reasons I personally like it so much. You get to see the ideas they had and the final result.

Book Review: The Art of Thor

Congrats Josh & Ill it looks pretty good.:hi5:

Thank ya! Its pretty sweet. :rock

is this the "Art OF" book, or something else...anyone know?

51d8sr66gVL._SS500_.jpg

I have that on order and pretty sure its the art book for this movie.

I just received the Art Of Thor book! I looked through it and it is absolutely amazing! :rock :rock

Here are a couple of pics!

5709236771_c1a469e4ca_z.jpg

5709801484_5e9371845c_z.jpg

5709238625_2026af8b7c_z.jpg

5709803964_fcc1e9fff5_z.jpg

5709804988_916f138c50_z.jpg

5709242463_a0734ace02_z.jpg

This truly is an art book! It is filled with absolutely beautiful sketches, paintings and pictures. Characters, weapons, creatures, environments, it's all there! Very, very complete!
The book comes in a sturdy cardboard slidecover which has a very nice and classic design. The book itself feels like it has a leather covering with certain symbols printed in relief. Very classy! :clap
The only thing that is a bit fragile are the pages themself. They are printed on pretty thin paper, to make the book as compact as possible. So careful with that!

Overall I'm extremely happy with this amazing book, and I definitely recommend it to Thor fans, and everybody who enjoys a good artbook! :rock

i read that the resolution on some of the images are not so great.

i read that the resolution on some of the images are not so great.

I noticed maybe 2 or 3 pics so far that hadn't such a great resolution, but out of the hundreds of pics in that book, I'd say most of them look absolutely great!

Awesome pics there Entity.

Totally happy that I ordered that this morning now! Decided to get it from someone selling through Amazon, as all official stores (Amazon, WHSmiths etc) had a dispatch date like 3 weeks away.

The pictures definitely look amazing. As I said in the Thor thread I love to see all the Behinds the Scenes things, and even high quiality promo shots, so this should definitely be a great book.

I just hope mine turns up in good condition what with Royal Mail being...well, Royal Mail haha.

Look what I got today. :cool:

No dust jacket this time, instead it comes in an awesome hard slipcover with awesome graphics on the front and back.

DSC03412.jpg

DSC03413.jpg

This is the cover of the book itself...

DSC03414.jpg

...and the back.

DSC03427.jpg

I'm not gonna look inside until I've seen the movie, but judging (literally) a book by its cover, I know it's gonna be sweet!

DO NOT sleep on this one people! I can see this one going for double what the first book is going for.

Thanks for posting this ill.....I'm looking for one as I type....

Awesome pics there Entity.

Totally happy that I ordered that this morning now! Decided to get it from someone selling through Amazon, as all official stores (Amazon, WHSmiths etc) had a dispatch date like 3 weeks away.

The pictures definitely look amazing. As I said in the Thor thread I love to see all the Behinds the Scenes things, and even high quiality promo shots, so this should definitely be a great book.

I just hope mine turns up in good condition what with Royal Mail being...well, Royal Mail haha.

Thank you! :duff

And congrats on your purchase too! Hopefully it will arrive like it's supposed to! :rock

Back