Art Books -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Art Books

Anyone else pick up The Art of Neal Adams?

I guess I was spoiled by the Adam Hughes one and the Jim Lee - but this Neal Adams is pretty bad. He and his son created it and it has multiple pages of Ben Casey, but only a couple of Batman. Seems much more of an ego thing than an actual review of his work. I was extremely disappointed with it, and I'm a big fan - he was the guy that really got me into Batman.

I like you was looking forward to this one. Sad to hear this news.

I just cracked open my Lee and I am so enthralled by all the gorgeous work in it. It is amazing.

Guess I too will be taking this one off my list.

Sorry DD.

Another on my list was :The Marvel Art of Joe Quesada

Anyone have it ?

People sometimes discount Quesada cause they forget how amazing his art is. My favourite would have to be his work on his book "Ash" the art is so unreal, some of the covers actually brought a tear to my eye.

if you like neal adams art of Batman, i would suggest this Trilogy

Vol 1

3744_400x600.jpg

Vol 2

3749_400x600.jpg

Vol 3

4218_400x600.jpg

theres still quite a few at the chapters around the corner from my work, selling for i believe 45 CDN.

Everybody wants to be a flipper nowadays.

Power is right though, you can still find these at book stores, you just gotta know where to look.

Is anybody seeing the ridiculous prices for the Art of Sucker Punch Books?

Ugh, don't get me started on this subject :mad:

I've been buying from Amazon for years and have never had any problems until now. I pre-ordered, got a heavily damaged book because it was just thrown in a box with no padding whatsoever, I returned it, supplies ran out and I got an email from Amazon today in fact that my order was canceled because their suppliers cannot get anymore copies. So now I'm just SOL. SO pissed.

woah even the Limited Editions are sold out? There were a lot left at amazon even a few days after the movie. I was planning to pick one up.

could anyone pick up a sucker punch book for me if they have a local store selling one? Limited Edition preferred but regular will do just fine.

I've been buying from Amazon for years and have never had any problems until now. I pre-ordered, got a heavily damaged book because it was just thrown in a box with no padding whatsoever, I returned it, supplies ran out and I got an email from Amazon today in fact that my order was canceled because their suppliers cannot get anymore copies. So now I'm just SOL. SO pissed.

I got a dinged up copy too, but just didn't bother sending it back. I'd be upset too. That happened with me and Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III. Sent it back and retailer was sold out and never got another one. Sorry IC.

could anyone pick up a sucker punch book for me if they have a local store selling one? Limited Edition preferred but regular will do just fine.

Nash the limited I don't think you can find in stores. it was 750 copies. I'll check my locals for you this weekend when I am out and about.

Everybody wants to be a flipper nowadays.

Power is right though, you can still find these at book stores, you just gotta know where to look.

Geesh ! I agree. I hate that. $150-$250 !!!!! And that's on Amazon !!!! FTW ! !! :mad:

Nash the limited I don't think you can find in stores. it was 750 copies. I'll check my locals for you this weekend when I am out and about.

Would anyone mind checking for me too ? Depending on the price that is.

What was retail anyway ?

Geesh ! I agree. I hate that. $150-$250 !!!!! And that's on Amazon !!!! FTW ! !! :mad:

Would anyone mind checking for me too ? Depending on the price that is.

What was retail anyway ?

Retail is $45 (I think). I got from Amazon for $26.30. this is definitely one movie that required an accompanying art book.

Nice price. I forgot all about it and didn't get it from amazon when I could. Oh well. I will live LOL. I'll just have to enjoy yours when I visit.

Damn, that sucks dude. I received a damaged Sucker Punch book, which I almost kept, but couldn't live with it. I returned it two days after getting it and had the new one the very next day. Not to rub it in, but Amazon always takes care of me.

Are you an Amazon Prime member?

If I go near any book stores I will check for you.

I really liked the tron art book

same here!! Tron Art book is Great!

and i just checked at the chapters around the corner from me and all 4 copies of Sucker punch are gone :horror

looks like its become quite popular, good thing i don't want it.

Back