Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor Leia:

slave_leia_bandage___Camel_toe_by_ebas.jpg

Just got my Belle and Tinkerbell prints from J. Scott Campbell yesterday. I'm very impressed.

Received mine today too. Just beautiful, more damn framing work to do though... Way too good to hide away out of sight.

Love those Leia pics guys! :hi5:

Last edited:
Shoot, 3 of the sketchbooks I order were all damaged on the top right corner. looks like they got jostled during shipping, as they were bundled together in the same box as the prints and were able to shift around. The monster green has a big bent corner, and the two gray books are also bent on the same corner.

Contacted JSC through the "contact us" links, hoping we can work out an exchange.

Sucks, because I like my stuff in "mint" condition, know what I mean?

Did you ever get a reply back?

do you guys know if this was actually made into a print or not? I have seen a lot of pictures, but nothing tells me if its only a cover of a comic or if it was made into a print? If its not a print, have any of you guys ever used a printing service that can print high quality images on the kind of paper they use for these quality prints?............not sure what kind of paper they use? :confused This thread has gotten me addicted to prints now :slap

untitled.jpg

do you guys know if this was actually made into a print or not? I have seen a lot of pictures, but nothing tells me if its only a cover of a comic or if it was made into a print? If its not a print, have any of you guys ever used a printing service that can print high quality images on the kind of paper they use for these quality prints?............not sure what kind of paper they use? :confused This thread has gotten me addicted to prints now :slap
It was only a cover of Amazing Spider-Man, it was never made as a print.

If you take a high res image to any printing service they should be able to make a good quality print for you. Most prints are printed on card stock, but there are some that are printed on very nice textured paper, not sure what you'd call it though.

Oh and....got another one (victim). :yess: :D

untitled.jpg

If you have a high res or semi high res and go to Staples they have card stock matte or Glossy 11 x 17 tabloid printers...just bring the pic on a usb key or submit it online...it'll cost you like 75 cents to get it printed if you submit it online and like $1.50 if you go there in person. (they charge extra for opening files on your usb key\stick)

I have done this in the past with comic covers i have really liked but i knew would never see the light of day as a print....only prob is finding the high res image of the particular pic you want.

as for the blackcat pic you posted above....that is easily good enough to get printed on an 11 x 17 card stock paper with a 2 to 3 inch border around the whole pic....it will look good I promise you, no rough pixels or edging or blurriness!!

hope this helps :D

Just a quick shot of one of the finished Thoris prints... I'll take some more tomorrow in daylight up on the wall.

Dsc01918.jpg

Frame is a nice piece of fiddle back Jarrah I sniped from work.

If you have a high res or semi high res and go to Staples they have card stock matte or Glossy 11 x 17 tabloid printers...just bring the pic on a usb key or submit it online...it'll cost you like 75 cents to get it printed if you submit it online and like $1.50 if you go there in person. (they charge extra for opening files on your usb key\stick)

I have done this in the past with comic covers i have really liked but i knew would never see the light of day as a print....only prob is finding the high res image of the particular pic you want.

as for the blackcat pic you posted above....that is easily good enough to get printed on an 11 x 17 card stock paper with a 2 to 3 inch border around the whole pic....it will look good I promise you, no rough pixels or edging or blurriness!!

Staples is great for printing stuff and they usually dont ask any questions about copyright.

i love that Black Cat image. Looks kinda like she is sitting on cocaine. :lol

Just a quick shot of one of the finished Thoris prints... I'll take some more tomorrow in daylight up on the wall.

Dsc01918.jpg

Frame is a nice piece of fiddle back Jarrah I sniped from work.

Looks very nice. I still have to get my Dejah 1 framed.

Beautiful art. I love pin ups even though i'm a straight female, they make me drool lol

I got my Shades of Grey sketchbook thsi week and I actually think it's one of the finest sketch books I have seen. I have quite a few nice sketch books but this is just fantastic!!!

Thanks guys, yea this is my fav black cat one and this will prolly be the only one I will get printed. Just gotta add a border to the bigger image I have of it. :)

Does anyone have any pin up art of Barbarella??

barbarella.jpg

I can not beleive there is never anything on her. I'd love a action figure of Barbarella as it's my favourite film and she is officially kickasstastic. Sort it out Sideshow!!

Back