Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here ya go!

Dawn by Fred Benes...

picture.php

Nope...I sniped it off eBay within the last few seconds of the auction for $60.00! :rock
Sniper.gif

Holy ! That is sweet Snoop !!!!! I personally love Benes art. Loved his run on JLA !

sorry not trying to rain on your parade but that doesn't look like Dawn to me. It's a very nice picture though....

Ahh kind sir, you are true to your name !

I'm very excited to share my two newest additions, the first is by J Scott Campbell, the artwork of which I first saw in his Monster Green Art Book. When I first saw the art for it I prayed that a print of it existed or would be made. You can imagine my surprise when I saw this pop up on ebay and I pounced on it! It's a two sided print, the back side has a 'blueprint' of Dr. Victoria and Frankenstein! :rock :love

Girlz 'N Monsters - Dr. Victoria and her Frankenstein by J Scott Campbell 10" X 27"

DSC03061.jpg

DSC03067.jpg

DSC03068.jpg

DSC03069.jpg

(back) Blueprint Side

DSC03073.jpg

Holy !!!! Illl !!! That is hot bro ! I love it. Now that is one I have to keep my eye out for ! Did it run you much ?

congrats ill,those are friggin awesome pieces you lucky dog!

they need framing asap!
Thanks Colin! Yeah, I'm definitely going to try to get this one framed first and I'm hoping I can get a custom frame that'll show both sides.

Love that .gif! :rock

...Holy !!!! Illl !!! That is hot bro ! I love it. Now that is one I have to keep my eye out for ! Did it run you much ?
I love it too!

I was bidding on one a few months ago that I lost by $1 and ended at $120. I got this one for $60 Buy It Now, it's unsigned but I don't mind since I can have him sign it at a convention. The seller had another one signed for $75, but it sold shortly after I bought mine.

I'm very excited to share my two newest additions, the first is by J Scott Campbell, the artwork of which I first saw in his Monster Green Art Book. When I first saw the art for it I prayed that a print of it existed or would be made. You can imagine my surprise when I saw this pop up on ebay and I pounced on it! It's a two sided print, the back side has a 'blueprint' of Dr. Victoria and Frankenstein! :rock :love

Girlz 'N Monsters - Dr. Victoria and her Frankenstein by J Scott Campbell 10" X 27"

DSC03061.jpg

DSC03067.jpg

DSC03068.jpg

DSC03069.jpg

(back) Blueprint Side

DSC03073.jpg

DSC03074.jpg

Frankenstein Mobster by AH! 8" X 10"

DSC03071.jpg

wow, fantastic prints......i'm truely jealous.....

Speaking of Babes and Monsters

Not sure if you guys remember Josh Howard, but he's launched his Zazzle store (which many artists are beginning to do).

LINK

Not much there now, but he promises more.

Great sizing on the shirts for us big guys !

Last edited:
Nice Score on the Campbell Print Ill, I don't know which side i like better!! :D

Let us know how that custom framing goes :D

Dang! Ill ALWAYS gets the GOOD stuff! :lol

I love that JSC Blue print side! :rock :rock :rock

Holy ! That is sweet Snoop !!!!! I personally love Benes art. Loved his run on JLA !

You're talking about Ed Benes (His JLA run did KICK ARSE!!), JJJ.

That Dawn art I bought is by his brother(?) Fred. :lol When I saw the auction I thought the same thing! :eek: :lol

They operate out of the same studio. They also have a sister I believe, Maria Benes. :D

Last edited:

I love that JSC Blue print side! :rock :rock :rock

You're talking about Ed Benes (His JLA run did KICK ARSE!!), JJJ.

That Dawn art I bought is by his brother(?) Fred. :lol When I saw the auction I thought the same thing! :eek: :lol

They operate out of the same studio. They also have a sister I believe, Maria Benes. :D

Holy ! LOL. Hey the style is similar !

Talk about a talented Family !

Either way bro, I really like the piece ! Congrats my friend.

Not sure if you guys remember Josh Howard, but he's launched his Zazzle store (which many artists are beginning to do).

LINK

I've been keeping an eye on that for some cool stuff. I wanted to have him do a commission for me, but my time ran out, hopefully he can do something for me at Comic Con next year.

Nice Score on the Campbell Print Ill, I don't know which side i like better!! :D

Let us know how that custom framing goes :D
It is quite possibly my favorite print I own, just all kinds of awesome!

I love that JSC Blue print side!
Thanks man, I try! :D

and

Yeah the Benes family is super talented, their sisters name is Mariah, she is an inker.

LINK

I wish I could find more shirts with pinup artwork on it, I would love to wear them. That really is great sizing though, as a big guy myself I can't say how frustrating it is to see a cool shirt only to find they don't make it in big sizes.

I wish I could find more shirts with pinup artwork on it, I would love to wear them. That really is great sizing though, as a big guy myself I can't say how frustrating it is to see a cool shirt only to find they don't make it in big sizes.

That's what I'm talking about !

Have you found anywhere to grab them ?

there hasn't been much art in here lately, lets fix that....

J. Scott Campbell's Vampirella
vampirella_camp2.jpg

J. Scott Campbell's Red Sonja
RedSonja.jpg

Secret Six Cover
Secret_Six_12.jpg

Greg Horn's Wonder Woman
ww600.jpg

Back