Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-Commercial works, such as advertisements, books, magazines, electronic publications, posters and other unlimited reproductions of fine art, and works made for hire, are not covered.

And therein is the salient point. If you commission an artist for a piece of work and later resell it, you are not obligated to compensate the artist for anything. You hired the artist, paid for the work. It's yours to do with as you please and the artist has no say in the matter- he might do some crying, though, but he can't legally do anything about it.

And therein is the salient point. If you commission an artist for a piece of work and later resell it, you are not obligated to compensate the artist for anything. You hired the artist, paid for the work. It's yours to do with as you please and the artist has no say in the matter- he might do some crying, though, but he can't legally do anything about it.

:exactly: That's how I see it.

This is total bollocks!

You buy something, it's yours to do with as you wish just like anything esle.
Imagine if this was applied to carpentry or metal work?

I am all for artists being protected but this idea is totally unreasonable.

Is that California Resale Royalty Act for real? If so how do they inforce it?

If I ever see any of my art sold on for higher, I just say fair play!

lol that is funny. i'd never pay money to an artist just because their art sold for more than what I initially bought it for. I follow the "tough ____" act.

yeah let the artist take you to court. he'll pay more in lawyer fees than the stupid 5% BS.

Well, not really. If it's made law & you don't pay you would end up paying the 5% and the legal costs involved, if it went that far.

It would be pretty easy to get around, don't sell on ebay or in the public arena. I know you wouldn't get top dollar that way, but if you buy stuff and then sell it to make a large amount of money on it... I can see this has been made up to target art dealers, I'm sure you would be fairly safe as a collector. Plenty of ways to get around such things.

Great pics posted in the last few pages guys! Keep up the good work. :duff

Mike's facebook post is a little bit ridiculous. I draw and sell my own artwork. whatever I sell my stuff for is what I get. If a buyer is able to get more than what they bought it from me for, then thats fine by me.

I've heard stories of J Scott Campbell increasing the price of commissions after his done because he felt that he put more effort into the piece then he should or it came out better that he thought. Thats just wrong to do.

wolverinecover.jpg

zatannawandsmall.jpg

princesspeachsmallwithtext.jpg

rogueundies.jpg

librariansmall.jpg

I am playing catch up with some long over due private commissions.

This week it's Daphne from Scooby doo.

Got a Batwoman next for a fellow freak!

Daphne-Commission.jpg

That's a really hot sketch. Are we gonna get to see that finished up?

Also, what happened with the availability of prints for your Space Girl Vera?

Here's the finished Space Girl Vera! Hope you guys like her.

Space-Girl-Vera.jpg

This one is all mine (license free) so I can print it and do whatever I like with it. If anybody wants a print, please let me know.

Thanks dude! :)

I will let folks know when prints become available!

That's a really hot sketch. Are we gonna get to see that finished up?

I hope to finish it up in the next few days.

Also, what happened with the availability of prints for your Space Girl Vera?[/QUOTE]

Prints of my work have never not been available. All ya gotta do is ask for the ones you want! :)

eg. For a signed 11x17" Space Girl vera print it is $32 shipped.

Back