Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5db3c3de31dba093cbf6bf77a94e4f68.jpg

Good_Morning_by_punkbunny223.jpg

Baignade_by_Fetish_Ginkgo.jpg

Hitchhiking_Girl_by_GHU4U.jpg

Motoqueira_by_CrisVector.jpg

Matadora_by_CrisVector.jpg

Gloves_by_CrisVector.jpg

Pin_Up_Nurse_by_CrisVector.jpg

Pin_Up_Magician_by_CrisVector.jpg

Mohawk_by_CrisVector.jpg

Are you guys saying that Jose Cano traces from photos? I've never seen or read anything that proves that and just cause the Pin-ups look realistic, I don't think that means it's not real art or creative. Saying stuff like "It's not art" or "I prefer real art" is just plain insulting to the artist and I completely dislike and don't agree with statements like that.

I'm sorry to hear that people feel that way but everyone has their own opinion of course. I personally think the photo realistic Pin-up art is some of the best and takes the art form one step further. It doesn't have to be stylized or not realistic to be considered creative, it's simply a different way of doing it. I don't want to get into a debate though. It doesn't matter to me if the artist works from a photo or not, they are all amazing talents.

Are you guys saying that Jose Cano traces from photos? I've never seen or read anything that proves that and just cause the Pin-ups look realistic, I don't think that means it's not real art or creative. Saying stuff like "It's not art" or "I prefer real art" is just plain insulting to the artist and I completely dislike and don't agree with statements like that.

I'm sorry to hear that people feel that way but everyone has their own opinion of course. I personally think the photo realistic Pin-up art is some of the best and takes the art form one step further. It doesn't have to be stylized or not realistic to be considered creative, it's simply a different way of doing it. I don't want to get into a debate though. It doesn't matter to me if the artist works from a photo or not, they are all amazing talents.

Hey Havok, No one said working from Photos is a bad thing, all artists use "source material" hell even alex ross and Adam hughes use models.

and i dont remember anyone saying it wasn't art, if they did i disagree as well!! it is art!! Although, its just not my thing. I prefer more imaginitive stuff....like the Elias Chatzoudis stuff you posted earlier, that sh it kicks Ass!! Too me photo realistic paintings and pinups don't do much, and its not just pinups or "girly" art either, i feel the same way towards landscapes for example.

if you like it Awesome, continue to post it man, this thread isn't about what the majority of people are supposed to like, its to share pin-up art with the people who like it no matter what the style

Last edited:
I don't want to call anyone out for what they said but I thought I saw someone post something along the lines of "it's not art". If I was mistaken in what was posted or the intention in saying it, then I apologize.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to start anything, I just wanted to voice my opinion. I understand everyone has their own preferences and not all Pin-up art is gonna appeal to everyone. There's some art that I myself don't care as much for either but I still appreciate it as art, as I know everyone that posts in here does. :duff

yeah i mean i dont post only what i like, i for one dont really like the toon stuff i just posted above, but i post in case someone does like it and wants to know where they can find more images like those.

infact im gonna post more below :D

I'm not a real big fan of his style (I think it's the eyes), but that last one ____in rocks!

What's her rank? Corporal?

Last edited:
Back