Arnold Schwarzenegger Conan PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1zp6y3t.png

still a great piece. It fits in my collection perfectly. How I have mine displayed I have zero issues with the scale. The PCS one is great but it won't fit in my collection, too damn big.

Prices on these are going to take a dive, once the 1/3 and throne statue lands in collectors hands.

Maybe,maybe not they are different posses and scenes from the movie.The 1st Hulk didn't as well as the Iron Man Maquette,how many Iron Man/Hulk statues were released after that.

I got this Conan a short time ago and while I noticed the sword sheath coming loose which I understand is kinda common I just noticed that the light tan leather that goes under the brown belt is twist tied on the backside of the statue. I wanna find out from other owners of this statue how the light tan leather comes around his waist and affixes by the sword sheath. When I bought the statue I did ask up front about the sword sheath and was told there was no issues and when I found it to have been coming loose I was willing to accept it like that but now finding the light tan just twist tied like the pic shows I'm now feeling like everything wasn't disclosed up front like it should been. One other issue which is kinda of a non issue i suppose but the art box seems to have had moisture or water damage. Its paper thin mostly through out the whole box. I wish I was told all these issue's upfront.This is probably one of the worst art boxes I have ever seen I would really like to get some opinions from other fellow collectors that own this statue as I do feel like I was mislead on this-IMG_9008.jpg

IMG_8941.jpg

I worked on this a bit more.
I had already done the hair as seen one page back, now I have touched up the scabbard, added blood and tried to blend the blobs of blood sideshow did and repainted the sword.
Eventually, I will repaint the body completely.
Oh, I also darkened the leather belt to be more accurate. It was too light tan and not laced through the slots correctly.
Photo_2016-11-30_04-37-37_PM.jpg
Photo_2016-11-30_04-38-42_PM.jpg
2016-11-30 16.32.42.jpg

I got this Conan a short time ago and while I noticed the sword sheath coming loose which I understand is kinda common I just noticed that the light tan leather that goes under the brown belt is twist tied on the backside of the statue. I wanna find out from other owners of this statue how the light tan leather comes around his waist and affixes by the sword sheath. When I bought the statue I did ask up front about the sword sheath and was told there was no issues and when I found it to have been coming loose I was willing to accept it like that but now finding the light tan just twist tied like the pic shows I'm now feeling like everything wasn't disclosed up front like it should been. One other issue which is kinda of a non issue i suppose but the art box seems to have had moisture or water damage. Its paper thin mostly through out the whole box. I wish I was told all these issue's upfront.This is probably one of the worst art boxes I have ever seen I would really like to get some opinions from other fellow collectors that own this statue as I do feel like I was mislead on this-

Sideshow never got it right. They thread it through the front slots so it comes out and over the top of the belt, that's wrong. Also Sideshow brought it around the back and tucked it under the rubber belt. That's wrong too.

PCS got it correct so copy that.....

2016-12-04 15.14.36.jpg
2016-12-04 15.13.59.jpg

Oh, I also darkened the leather belt to be more accurate. It was too light tan and not laced through the slots correctly.
View attachment 307289
View attachment 307290

Nice, #Brian. I like what you've done, but I'm not totally understanding what you did with the lacing through the belt, since the default lace drapes over the belt and glues to the back of the hanging scabbard. Can you submit a more complete image of the belt situation? Either way, the final result is great. Your belt looks amazing.

Nice work. Thinking twice about selling mine now.

Now is the time to sell this piece. I sold mine about 2 months ago. I foresee the value of this statue dropping not because it's NOT a gorgeous piece, but simply due to supply and demand.

Chronicle's 1/4 scale Arnold King Conan will be shipping, Pop Culture Shock's 2 1/3 scale Arnold Conans will be out sometime next year and Pop Culture Shock will be doing an Arnold as Conan in 1/4 scale in the near future probably already in development. The market will be flooded with Arnold as Conan statues, buyers will have more options than ever most often than not if it's not a definitive END ALL BE ALL piece they will opt for the newer (more detailed) piece as people like what's new.

Just my two cents. It's a spectacular piece I do not regret selling mine and I would not regret selling of I were you.

Now is the time to sell this piece. I sold mine about 2 months ago. I foresee the value of this statue dropping not because it's NOT a gorgeous piece, but simply due to supply and demand.

Chronicle's 1/4 scale Arnold King Conan will be shipping, Pop Culture Shock's 2 1/3 scale Arnold Conans will be out sometime next year and Pop Culture Shock will be doing an Arnold as Conan in 1/4 scale in the near future probably already in development. The market will be flooded with Arnold as Conan statues, buyers will have more options than ever most often than not if it's not a definitive END ALL BE ALL piece they will opt for the newer (more detailed) piece as people like what's new.

Just my two cents. It's a spectacular piece I do not regret selling mine and I would not regret selling of I were you.

:lecture You're probably right. I normally don't care about resale values of what I own, but sometimes you gotta get it while the gettin is good.

Yes. That is why I just sold my extra one. Have been planning to customize it, but figured I could sell it now and buy one later for cheaper. Prices are up currently. Mine sold for over 900.

Yeah, but if the PCS warpaint is already sold out, what's the point of selling SS Conan? There's no way in hell I'd pay a flipper's markup on PCS Conan just because some eBay crook got to the pre-order before I did.

Also, I really love the pose of the SS Conan. It's kinetic and, in my opinion, much more iconic than the PCS pose. Arnold coming down those steps with his hand pointed at Rexor cannot be topped. Now, if the PCS 1/4 scale you're referring to takes on THAT pose, then I'll definitely try to scrape together the funds to trade in the SS Conan. Until then, I'm keeping him.

Yeah, but if the PCS warpaint is already sold out, what's the point of selling SS Conan? There's no way in hell I'd pay a flipper's markup on PCS Conan just because some eBay crook got to the pre-order before I did.

Also, I really love the pose of the SS Conan. It's kinetic and, in my opinion, much more iconic than the PCS pose. Arnold coming down those steps with his hand pointed at Rexor cannot be topped. Now, if the PCS 1/4 scale you're referring to takes on THAT pose, then I'll definitely try to scrape together the funds to trade in the SS Conan. Until then, I'm keeping him.

PCS won't redo the Sideshow piece. It'll be something different.

Nice, #Brian. I like what you've done, but I'm not totally understanding what you did with the lacing through the belt, since the default lace drapes over the belt and glues to the back of the hanging scabbard. Can you submit a more complete image of the belt situation? Either way, the final result is great. Your belt looks amazing.

SS has the belt comming up over the top:
2016-12-21 16.15.49.jpg

The correct way is through the two slots and down the inside without hanging over the top:
2016-12-21 16.16.43.jpg

Back