Arkham City Harley Quinn DC Collectibles Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, just received Harley today. The good news is that her face looks excellent. I did not receive one with heavy black eye shadow. It is nice and grey in color. Very well done. However, the person who painted this got very careless/lazy around her @ss. There is a small grey brush stroke over the red portion of her pants and an even smaller stray brush stroke of red on the grey portion of her pants. :slap These stray brush strokes are very small but noticeable upon close inspection. The rest of her paint apps look good.

On to the sculpt itself. WOW! Very nice. I already knew Harley looked very hot based off the pics and videos I have seen. However, in hand, she looks PHENOMENAL! Jack Mathews really did a fantastic job on the sculpt. Harley came out very sexy indeed. A very big :clap to Jack for giving us a super sexy looking Harley to add to our collections.

Overall the paint issues are very minor and are an easy fix. The sculpt is exceptional and gives us one hot @ss looking Harley. I already have Arkham City Bats on PO and will be looking to score the AC Joker when he is released shortly. If Ivy, Catwoman, Deathstroke, and Two-Face turn out this good, I will certainly add them to the collection as well. They would be must haves for me. After that, I can take or leave any of the other characters. This is a great statue and was the perfect choice to launch this line.

OK, just received Harley today. The good news is that her face looks excellent. I did not receive one with heavy black eye shadow. It is nice and grey in color. Very well done. However, the person who painted this got very careless/lazy around her @ss. There is a small grey brush stroke over the red portion of her pants and an even smaller stray brush stroke of red on the grey portion of her pants. :slap These stray brush strokes are very small but noticeable upon close inspection. The rest of her paint apps look good.

On to the sculpt itself. WOW! Very nice. I already knew Harley looked very hot based off the pics and videos I have seen. However, in hand, she looks PHENOMENAL! Jack Mathews really did a fantastic job on the sculpt. Harley came out very sexy indeed. A very big :clap to Jack for giving us a super sexy looking Harley to add to our collections.

Overall the paint issues are very minor and are an easy fix. The sculpt is exceptional and gives us one hot @ss looking Harley. I already have Arkham City Bats on PO and will be looking to score the AC Joker when he is released shortly. If Ivy, Catwoman, Deathstroke, and Two-Face turn out this good, I will certainly add them to the collection as well. They would be must haves for me. After that, I can take or leave any of the other characters. This is a great statue and was the perfect choice to launch this line.

Glad you got a good one :yess: but I still cant pull the trigger as Im not a paint guy and shouldnt have to be at $100 .
The sculpts are really good as you said and if you have time how about some pics .
TC and Thanks !

PS theres no Deathstroke in BAC but he will be featured in Arkham Origins

See I told you that you wouldn't be disappointed! :hi5:

Too bad about the sloppy paint job. DCD is known for that. So it's always a gamble to PO something from them.

Anyways, this statue is one of my favorite Harley statues that I own. And I own a bunch, so that's saying a lot. Glad you like it too. :wink1:

Glad you got a good one :yess: but I still cant pull the trigger as Im not a paint guy and shouldnt have to be at $100 .
The sculpts are really good as you said and if you have time how about some pics .
TC and Thanks !

PS theres no Deathstroke in BAC but he will be featured in Arkham Origins

Yeah, I agree with you. We should never have to touch up any pieces we buy. However, I am very lucky. My cousin is very good at fixing these minor touch ups. He really enjoys painting and has already helped me out a few times.

If you really like this piece, I think your best bet is to see if you can run across one at a Con or LCS and check one out yourself. Hopefully you'll run across one with good paint apps and pick her up. She really is a beauty.

Sorry, but I can't help you out with pics. I'd need the wife for that. Funny enough, she has zero problems with me collecting statues but thinks I spend waaay too much time here. :lol I guess I shouldn't complain. It's nice to know that my wife actually wants to spend time with me.

I don't play video games so that sucks to hear that Slade isn't in AC. I REALLY want a Deathstroke and Deadshot statue in my collection and it looks like that isn't going to happen with DC Direct. They just keep on recycling the big name characters over and over again. I can only hope that Sideshow can give us a classic PF of both those characters. That would make me one happy camper.

See I told you that you wouldn't be disappointed! :hi5:

Too bad about the sloppy paint job. DCD is known for that. So it's always a gamble to PO something from them.

Anyways, this statue is one of my favorite Harley statues that I own. And I own a bunch, so that's saying a lot. Glad you like it too. :wink1:

Thanks playa. Yeah, she was just waaay too sexy to pass on. Are you ordering the SSC Harley PF today?

Thanks playa. Yeah, she was just waaay too sexy to pass on. Are you ordering the SSC Harley PF today?

I just did! :yess:

Being the Harley fan that I am, I just couldn't pass on it! It's not perfect but, it's way better looking than the DCD 1:4 museum Harley.

I just did! :yess:

Being the Harley fan that I am, I just couldn't pass on it! It's not perfect but, it's way better looking than the DCD 1:4 museum Harley.

I just ordered the EX myself. I honestly think she looks fantastic. The only thing that worries me is the cloth costume. If that turns out bad it would ruin the whole piece for me. I can't wait to see what a few of the talented painter/customizers here will do with a fully sculpted conversion. I may just go that route but I will give it a chance with the cloth. I'll wait to see what it looks like in hand before I make that decision.

Last edited:
I just ordered the EX myself. I honestly think she looks fantastic. The only thing that worries me is the cloth costume. If that turns out bad it would ruin the whole piece for me. I can't wait to see what a few of the talented painter/customizers here will do with a fully sculpted conversion. I may just go that route but I will give it a chance with the cloth. I'll wait to see what it looks like in hand before I make that decision.

Same here. The HQ PF will be my first mixed media HQ statue that I'll own. I'm so used to having her fully sculpted and slightly glossy or having a nice matte finish to her costume. I hope SS can pull of the fabric like the proto pics. :pray:

Oh and I was also thinking of getting a 3rd customized COH done the way I really want it to look. Only time will tell though. We all have another year or so until we actually have her in hand.

Agreed on the costume concerns...PFs can be hit or miss if the mixed media isn't pulled off just right. I'd imagine even more so on someone like H Q who is basically clothed neck to toe. I have faith it will come out good though...

I'm confused, do all of them have sloppy paint jobs or only a few bad lemons?

Excellent in hand? Never bought anything from DC Direct before.

It's really hit or miss with the DC direct pieces. There is no consistency with their paint apps. Your best bet is to buy one of these at an LCS so you can actually inspect one before you buy.

It's really hit or miss with the DC direct pieces. There is no consistency with their paint apps. Your best bet is to buy one of these at an LCS so you can actually inspect one before you buy.

I agree. Unfortunately it's not only the inconsistent paint apps, it's the shoddy glue jobs as well. I've had a statue fall completely off the base (HQ cover girls line) and too much glue (Death's umbrella).

Anyways, AC Harley is one of their best imo. Maybe mine is the exception to the rule but, mine came out perfect. Pretty surprising coming from DCD.

I never saw a perfect one which should be standard for the price they charge so like others have said try to get a good one in person or you will be disappointed like I was as I always seemed to focus the paint flaws rather then the wonderful statue sculpt :gah:

She looks fine at normal viewing distance on your shelf 2-4 feet away.

And then keep the room lighting dim also :dunno ? I would have have purchased the whole set as I love the whole Arkham story but these items paint jobs are disappointing at best and most if not all have key paint flaws that I cant/wont accept .

And then keep the room lighting dim also :dunno ? I would have have purchased the whole set as I love the whole Arkham story but these items paint jobs are disappointing at best and most if not all have key paint flaws that I cant/wont accept .

I completely understand why you would pass on a piece because of poor paint apps. However, from the preview pics I have seen, none of the other characters have as much color to them as Harley does. Joker has a bit of green on that piece, Bats has a bit of red on his gloves, Nightwing a smidgen of blue, even the Riddler is mostly black and white. Those shouldn't be that hard to get right. Harley, by far, has the most amount of color to her and is the easiest case for bad paint apps. If you like this line, then you may want to keep an eye out on the other pieces when they are released. If in hand pics of those turn out good, you may still be able to add some pieces you like to your collection. I'm picking up Joker sometime in the near future. I'll let you know how that one turns out.

I completely understand why you would pass on a piece because of poor paint apps. However, from the preview pics I have seen, none of the other characters have as much color to them as Harley does. Joker has a bit of green on that piece, Bats has a bit of red on his gloves, Nightwing a smidgen of blue, even the Riddler is mostly black and white. Those shouldn't be that hard to get right. Harley, by far, has the most amount of color to her and is the easiest case for bad paint apps. If you like this line, then you may want to keep an eye out on the other pieces when they are released. If in hand pics of those turn out good, you may still be able to add some pieces you like to your collection. I'm picking up Joker sometime in the near future. I'll let you know how that one turns out.

Hi I wont post on this anymore as I made my feelings known numerous times But they miss paint/ overlap the black , gray and white parts also :slap
I see DC coldcast and I cringe just like the Bane and Bat statue I bought and returned, beautiful subject matter with a 5 cent paint job that earl scheib would be embarrassed of .

Back