Arkham City Harley Quinn DC Collectibles Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figure seems to be pretty well-painted otherwise, so its worth picking up IMO. Its just disappointing that there would be this kind of problem on the focal point of any piece: the face.

This doesn't bother me that much, because I am an artist and can fix. But what about all the people who are not artists? Thats kind of :( for them.

This doesn't bother me that much, because I am an artist and can fix. But what about all the people who are not artists? Thats kind of :( for them.

Same. A bit of acrylic paint and maybe some pastel chalk for a little gradient. Seal it up and voila :D. Not much work to be done :)

at this scale for sure you have to have a steady hand when you are doing eye work. I'd quicker use a grey wash around the eyes that oil pastel and seal though

That's easy for you guys, but someone like me with no painting skill at all is stuck with whatever I buy. I have to find a good one

Why make things harder by adding pastels to the wash? A wash of thinned black ought to do it. This isn't a very big space to work in after all.

I'd use one or the other, but not both. Thats just me.

Why make things harder by adding pastels to the wash? A wash of thinned black ought to do it. This isn't a very big space to work in after all.

I'd use one or the other, but not both. Thats just me.

Well that's how I colored previous garage kits so I guess it's just my chosen method :p. I did try only acrylics my first time around but I found that the final product was a bit messy. I guess it's a question of personal taste and artistic choices, really :)

Got mine in today love her. only nit pick is her face looks really white while the rest of her skin is more of a light gray. same with hair gray hair while ponytails are white that blend into black and red. I might grab another to repaint with actual color, but I'm strapped for cash so I'll wait but prolly won't be available later -for a reasonable price that is.

Got mine in today love her. only nit pick is her face looks really white while the rest of her skin is more of a light gray. same with hair gray hair while ponytails are white that blend into black and red. I might grab another to repaint with actual color, but I'm strapped for cash so I'll wait but prolly won't be available later -for a reasonable price that is.

How were the eyes on the one you got?

Alright, finally got my AC Harley Quinn! :yess:

I was afraid that her make up would've looked like crap but, I think it doesn't look that bad at all to be honest. In person she looks beautiful. I like the lil' chain they added to the statue as well, instead of sculpting it on.

Keep in mind these pics (although not the greatest) is close up and not normal viewing distance. I just took them to show you guys who were concerned of the paint job on her face.

IMG_0885_zps9cd0411c.jpg

IMG_0884_zps6c182b43.jpg

IMG_0882_zpscbf4ab9a.jpg

In the end. I am very happy with this purchase. I think you guys will be too, if you do decide to pick her up. :wink1:

So I went round to my local comicbook shop and bought myself a harley statue and all I can say is I'm a bit disappointed. I like statue and how it was supposed to look, but I just cant get over the sloppy job they did on the eye make up.
IMG_1579_zpsbe386482.jpg

IMG_1582_zpscc6386a5.jpg

GUESS WHO waltzed through the door last night, after I completely FORGOT that I preordered her! And I was just thinking about ordering her, lol.

Worked last night, I have to work tonight and it is getting late in the morning, so I will save an indepth review for tomorrow. This is a very pretty little statue but she is going to take some retouching, no two ways about it.

She is really cute!! I will tell you more about her later, hopefully with some pix. For now I gotta sleep. Even we wicked need a little rest. :nana:

GUESS WHO waltzed through the door last night, after I completely FORGOT that I preordered her! And I was just thinking about ordering her, lol.

Worked last night, I have to work tonight and it is getting late in the morning, so I will save an indepth review for tomorrow. This is a very pretty little statue but she is going to take some retouching, no two ways about it.

She is really cute!! I will tell you more about her later, hopefully with some pix. For now I gotta sleep. Even we wicked need a little rest. :nana:

Now who could it be? Hmm.. Lol

I would really love a PF of this costume and pose, its that good.

There is some real genius in the design of this piece: after wondering why the skin on her upper body and the hair around her face was light grey, I realized they did it to draw attention to the shining white of her face, which makes it the focal point of the piece. The colors and gloss details are very carefully placed.

Not so cool: the fudged eyeshadow, and many of the smaller details are just plain sloppily painted. I will try and get some pix when I get home to post, of what I am talking about. I used to build resin garage kits back in the day, and so I really pay attention to this stuff.... but of course, expecting some Chinese wage-slave to equal what a hobbyist can do out of love for the piece is not a realistic expectation. Luckily I believe all these issues will be relatively easily fixed.

More later.

I would really love a PF of this costume and pose, its that good.

There is some real genius in the design of this piece: after wondering why the skin on her upper body and the hair around her face was light grey, I realized they did it to draw attention to the shining white of her face, which makes it the focal point of the piece. The colors and gloss details are very carefully placed.

Not so cool: the fudged eyeshadow, and many of the smaller details are just plain sloppily painted. I will try and get some pix when I get home to post, of what I am talking about. I used to build resin garage kits back in the day, and so I really pay attention to this stuff.... but of course, expecting some Chinese wage-slave to equal what a hobbyist can do out of love for the piece is not a realistic expectation. Luckily I believe all these issues will be relatively easily fixed.

More later.

Easily fixed for someone who has the skill, experience, and supplies, this maybe true. But for a non-customizer like myself this might be pretty hard to do, unfortunately. :(

Anyways, I'll be waiting for your pics and future paint touch up. :wink1:

UK stock of this statue has finaly arrived i had 6 in on Wednesday. It's selling very quickly.
20130115_112916.jpg

20130115_112948.jpg

After seeing these in-hand pixs, went ahead and ordered it from Entertainment Earth off the 'bay. Came to under $98-shipped after I used my ebay bucks.
:fingers crossed for a non-Tammy Faye Baker version:

Back