Statue Arkham City Batman DC Collectibles Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but they just did a poor job capturing her eyes and lips.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yup, forget the paint job, the face just doesn't cut it for me. For that reason, I'm passing even though I would have liked to have added an AC Ivy to my collection. I'm glad I'm not a completist. I'll just add the characters I like most and I think look good and enjoy those.

Had BBTS.com ship me out another Armored Batman statue and the cape was again broken in roughly the same spot.... BBTS.com said they are having a lot of issues with the cape breaking.... DCC really screwed up on the box design, they should of also put some wire inside his cape to help support the weight and keep it from snapping.... Looks like I'll probably be skipping this statue as it's near impossible to get one without a broken cape. :(

Between this and Bombshell nametags breaking all the time I'm losing faith in DCC...

That sucks. This is what worries me about the new Michael Turner B&W batman statue. I'm afraid it's going to have the same issues, we already saw it on display at one of the conventions with a glued cape :thud:

Hopefully DCC will get some feedback on these issues and correct them

Wanted to share my repaint I recently finished of the Arkham City Batman.

This is how he came:
5368f54c-1d61-4e84-8f35-4b093aaa73ce.jpg

And this after the repaint:
BatACrepaintWeb1.jpg

BatACrepaintWeb2.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Roc74, your repaint looks amazing!! :clap I was never a fan of the original, something about all the crazy blood everywhere turned me off.

I would have bought this if it looked like your repaint :)

Thanks for your positive reactions. I also agree that if DC Direct would have put a full color Batman I buy it instantly (even now) Not a big fan of the Black and Whites myself so attempted to color this. Maybe depending on how that colored Catwoman exclusive sells DCD will consider full color Arkham statues as well.

I was having trouble getting the correct color of blue, and seeing the pics myself seems like I could of still gone darker, but this was midnight blue mixed with lots of Black and it still shows lighter in full daylight, but in normal room lights he does have deep blue color.

Thanks Filip629.

So I see that Harley is also getting the colored treatment like catwoman. So it might not be long until we get a color Arkham Batman as well. Only down side is they seem to be exclusive editions.

Hi all,
I had one of these Armoured Batman statues arrive in the post today, the cape was also split across the shoulders. It hadn't completely come off, but had a large crack along it. I've got another one on order now, but I'm waiting for it to arrive to see if its in better condition now, after reading all these posts. Personally I think he looked good online, but in real life is a stunning piece, I can see why he's £30 more than the others now. Hopefully Freeze will be the same quality.

There is a picture of the freeze statue on here with both feet on the stand, but the forbidden planet shot has his stepping off the stand, anyone know which one is right? (https://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/batman-arkham-city-mr.-freeze-statue?#.U6yNC_ldXTc)

Also for the Armoured Batman figure has anyone else noticed that the middle 'spine' of his cape is longer than he is tall? It rubs on the floor as it extends down past his base. If I put him on the edge of a shelf there is a clear 4-5mm of cape point hanging over the edge. Thought that might be addind pressure to the already fragile cape.

Hi,
So my replacement turned up broken today as well! This one has a 'cleaner' chest armour, the first one had some blemishes on it.

BrPR86TIQAIA6o0.jpg

Starting to think its impossible to have one delivered that isn't broken.

Is there a decent guide on fixing yourself?

People probably aren't going to want to hear this but when this was happening with the Original DC Direct Jim lee Hush Batman (both the Full size and the original Mini had cape snapping issues) it's probably easier to just go to a comic shop and get one. They will usually check the statue for you if you ask and you can call and make sure they hold you one before you drive over. I know that some people don't live close to a shop or you were getting a discount but if you one that isn't broken, it's probably your best bet.

People probably aren't going to want to hear this but when this was happening with the Original DC Direct Jim lee Hush Batman (both the Full size and the original Mini had cape snapping issues) it's probably easier to just go to a comic shop and get one. They will usually check the statue for you if you ask and you can call and make sure they hold you one before you drive over. I know that some people don't live close to a shop or you were getting a discount but if you one that isn't broken, it's probably your best bet.

I think you are right, I'll have to just bite the bullet and go to a store. I guess its a toss up between the £30.00 discount from online or certainty of getting a non broken statue.

I think you are right, I'll have to just bite the bullet and go to a store. I guess its a toss up between the £30.00 discount from online or certainty of getting a non broken statue.

I'm thinking about it as well. I like the look of the armored version but I've also seen all the issues. I'd rather be sure than save the $35 or so.

@Smcrran
Always buy DC Direct/Collectibles from your local comic shop rather than online its easier and safer and we need the money more.
@NataN
There is no way if the Coloured Harley is realy only 1'000 pieces they will get many. If the Black and White Harley was 5200 pieces and allocated by 50% how bad is the colour Harley going to be allocated. Is there only 1,000 total or is it 1'000 thats being offered out to non attendees of SDCC.
@Josh
The worse example mate was the Joe Kubert Black and White Batman i had 6 come in all with broken capes.

Back