ARH Studios two new licenses Frank Frazetta and Tarzan 1/4 scale statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the license :) I'm a bit worried how leaving a finished statue looking "rough" like the artwork since paint and sculpture are very different mediums....

We have to stay true to the art, however it will be reviewed later by Arahom and Frazetta family. I am not sure about this yet, Im sure Arahom will answer this in the near future

Already talking about prices?
For Tarzan, we are going to go for everything for less expensive than Conan "Sacrifice" without going any lower in desired quality.
Sculpts such as Death-dealer will be same price as Ares. I dont see it going much more than that. We like to sell a lot of them.
The dios, well, lets talk about that later. Our new site will have Flex payment options.

^ That ^ would be awesome! I don't care too much about reward pints and such, but flex pay help alot. Now you sucked me in even more.
Resistance is futile.....

Robert rodrigues is in talk of making a live Fire and Ice movie and possible Death Dealer movie also.

We have to stay true to the art, however it will be reviewed later by Arahom and Frazetta family. I am not sure about this yet, Im sure Arahom will answer this in the near future

Thanks for clarifying Ave, I'm keen to see the results. Personally I'd like to see those rough areas expanded on to be in line with the rest of the sculpt and let lighting do the "rough" part so it displays like the artwork with those areas obscured by shadow.

Already talking about prices?
For Tarzan, we are going to go for everything for less expensive than Conan "Sacrifice" without going any lower in desired quality.
Sculpts such as Death-dealer will be same price as Ares. I dont see it going much more than that. We like to sell a lot of them.
The dios, well, lets talk about that later. Our new site will have Flex payment options.

do you think it will be the same in terms of size and scope compared to the sacrifice? Idk about most ppl but as i said when i first saw those pics @ nycc i hadn't seen nor have i seen such an AWESOME 1/4 diorama..i looked and search and was hooked on 1/4 dioramas, and the closest thing i could find to the sacrifice (in terms of scale and diorama was…medusa! another ARH classic (which I missed out on :() … so i for one do not mind one bit paying the price around 'the sacrifice' because to me these pieces are just on another level in regards to the presence that they bring and the quality..is it possible we could see an updated pic of the sketch of tarzan? again MANY MANY thanks for these upcoming awesome pieces!

I am happy about this development but was hoping CS Moore would have been able to produce the Indomitable at the same scale as the other pieces he did. I am also shocked by the response. My impression is that no one cares much for Frazetta's stuff. I own the DD bronze and Conan bronze and have Paul Moore paint ups of the DD and DD3 (standing) but routinely watch most Frazetta pieces sell for much less than retail on eBay (snow giants are half off basically). The snow giants piece is amazing so I always assumed the low sales reflected lack of interest rather than poor execution. Can someone from ARH comment on whether the smaller scaled licences are also revoked (CS Moore and Reel Art)?

This loose, raw unfinished nature of these would lend themselves to bronze castings very well.

I am happy about this development but was hoping CS Moore would have been able to produce the Indomitable at the same scale as the other pieces he did. I am also shocked by the response. My impression is that no one cares much for Frazetta's stuff. I own the DD bronze and Conan bronze and have Paul Moore paint ups of the DD and DD3 (standing) but routinely watch most Frazetta pieces sell for much less than retail on eBay (snow giants are half off basically). The snow giants piece is amazing so I always assumed the low sales reflected lack of interest rather than poor execution. Can someone from ARH comment on whether the smaller scaled licences are also revoked (CS Moore and Reel Art)?

I never understood why Snow Giants did not sell out, maybe because of the small size? (apparently size matters)..or that it is not considered an iconic Conan?
Barbarian sold well and has gone up on the secondary market with a horrible paint app but that is considered the iconic Conan.

I have always been a huge Frazetta and Conan fan so I can't see passing on the two planned dios especially since one is my all time favorite.

Although 1:4 will be huge and an issue to display I'll welcome the challenge because it will be majestic. That being said if this was 1/5 I think it would still be majestic and ARH would have a bigger market and increase their sales. Just saying, as I want ARH to have as much success as possible in this venture. Mind you I am only referring to the two Conan dios in this respect.

Exclusive Death Dealer Work in progress at ARH studios 671837980_f9ixb-L.jpg

Exclusive Death Dealer Work in progress at ARH studiosView attachment 95599

LOL

I wish!! Very nice work

I have actually seen this work, and Bowen did an incredible job on the DD.
With the advancements in Digital works now used on computers, we will be able to accomplish things that were not possible 10 yrs ago and I even dare to say possible to do a better job now done in 1/4 scale.
Just to give you an example, the details on the armor will be digitally done for us. I can see Arahom designing these big dioramas in multiple sections for ease of shipping, I surely dont want to go through the same issues we went through with the Medusa shipping from the USA.
Im sure the sections can be divided and put together like a big puzzle. The biggest ones may even have to come in like 3 boxes, but the size of 3 PF's.
For the smaller displays only one box should do. Arahom and I are sure we can keep the smaller 1/4 sculpt reasonably priced for the consumers.

Just to show you how good we can do the horse... I will give you an example of the digital art by Max for Alexander the Great

I never understood why Snow Giants did not sell out, maybe because of the small size? (apparently size matters)..or that it is not considered an iconic Conan?
Barbarian sold well and has gone up on the secondary market with a horrible paint app but that is considered the iconic Conan.

I have always been a huge Frazetta and Conan fan so I can't see passing on the two planned dios especially since one is my all time favorite.

Although 1:4 will be huge and an issue to display i'll welcome the challenge because it will be majestic. That being said if this was 1/5 I think it would still be majestic and ARH would have a bigger market and increase their sales. Just saying, as I want ARH to have as much success as possible in this venture. Mind you I am only referring to the two Conan dios in this respect.

I do believe size does have something to do with it.
Also some art translate better to sculptures. At this time we are limited in options of which statues we can make.

As far as I know the other licenses are still in effect. I have not heard anything otherwise. The 1:4 is now exclusive for ARH Studios Inc.

Thanks for clarifying. Things were so complicated with Frazetta material for the last few years with the issues with the estate and all, hopefully this represents a general thawing.

All of this sound really great Ave, definitely going to be watching what ARH puts out this year. As much as I love comics and super heroes it's great when literary giants get some love.

Kirk Hammet from Metallica will be happy he owns a few originals including the the conquerer wich he paid 1 million for it.1779738_10151804768700834_1599516481_n.jpg

Back