Statue ARH Studios Original Statue The Viking by The Shiflett Brothers at SDCC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a fan of the shifflet's concepts, not so much their sculpting style.

Yes for sure! haha. The original idea for the Shiflett Viking was to sculpt something of the same quality and intensity as the 'Diablo Overthrown' statue from Blizzard. And well... errrr... that didn't exactly happen. We want to revisit the theme in the near future and try again.

I really liked the Viking, but there was too much other stuff being released at the same time. I think you guys drove out your own business with this particular statue.

I really liked the Viking, but there was too much other stuff being released at the same time. I think you guys drove out your own business with this particular statue.

That's basically like saying it wasn't as good as the other things they were releasing...... which was true imo ;p If that's the case it should be improved :<

I once heard Todd McFarlane say that female figures didn't sell well. . . :rotfl
I am of the opnion that well executed statues sell.

Heh, male statues definitely have a tougher time ;p

Well executed statues definitely do sell, and I don't think the viking is that well executed, but it is true putting too much stuff up for PO at once can hurt POs. The one that's left is clearly the weaker one though so it's also good in that regard ;p

That's basically like saying it wasn't as good as the other things they were releasing...... which was true imo ;p If that's the case it should be improved :<

Not necessarily. If you're collecting according to theme, or if you are really smitten with a certain piece, it makes it easier to ignore something like the Viking, even though it looks awesome, simply because you have so much tied up in other preorders. I just think it got lost in all the frazetta stuff.

The number one mistake any new expanding company can make is making a lot of promises then not delivering
ARH seems to have a lot of quality stuff in the pipeline just hope they meet expectations or a lot of people will be mad
My biggest concern is paint and # of items made . I guess we will know when head huntress shows up if ARH can deliver as promised in this new expanded version of ARH ?
:) Fingers crossed

Last edited:
Not necessarily. If you're collecting according to theme, or if you are really smitten with a certain piece, it makes it easier to ignore something like the Viking, even though it looks awesome, simply because you have so much tied up in other preorders. I just think it got lost in all the frazetta stuff.

For a few people yes, but I think it's pretty obvious the viking got massively less POs which is pretty telling.

ARH Studios Collectibles important NEWS!
ARH studios is proud to present the Viking statue is back! This statue is sculpted by the Shiflett bros. The statue is being released in a limited run of 100 pieces worldwide. There will be no other edition of this statue ever sold. Sold exclusively through Jerseyfestfair model kit and statue convention. Those who wished to order this, we will have a link on our new site soon. For more information about this very rare piece please go to the following link:

Exclusive ARH Studios ?The Viking? Statue at JerseyFest » JerseyFestFair

Back