Statue ARH Studios Original Statue The Viking by The Shiflett Brothers at SDCC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the sculpt, but the eyes don't seem right somehow. Maybe it's the angle/light.

The muscularity looks good to me, and the cheekbones are ok by me, too. Just don't like the way the eyes seem inexpressive or plain. I'll wait for more pictures, perhaps.

not just the face, but his left arm triceps is way off, just doesn't look right.

There is nothing wrong with the tricep. Like at all.

The unpainted sculpt blew me away. I don't feel the paint application and color selection is doing the sculpt justice. It certainly isn't on par with the Frazetta stuff.

The sculpt however is pure win.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with the tricep. Like at all.

The unpainted sculpt blew me away. I don't feel the paint application and color selection is doing the sculpt justice. It certainly isn't on par with the Frazetta stuff.

The sculpt however is pure win.

exactly....

I didn't like the very "bumpy" viking from the shiflett bros.ARH should have an in house sculpter do one better.

get done with the new medusa first !!!!
Yes for sure! haha. The original idea for the Shiflett Viking was to sculpt something of the same quality and intensity as the 'Diablo Overthrown' statue from Blizzard. And well... errrr... that didn't exactly happen. We want to revisit the theme in the near future and try again.

Back