Statue ARH Studios Inc. and Troy McDevitt's Frazetta Atlantis Licensed 1:4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they, tho?
I see a lot of their stuff with 100, 200 and 300 ES being still available one year or more after preorder, with the ES cut or statues with Regular/Exclusive runs being reduced to just the Exclusive run and such. It's never a good thing when a company has to cut the ES, it just means that sales were lower than expected.

As for the original characters - yes and no.
It gives them a lot of freedom and no license costs, that's true, but this also means they're doing stuff nobody gives a damn about. As characters, people buying them have no real tie to them, they're buying just for the aesthetics. Nostalgia, attachment and such are some of the driving factors in sales and the exact reason why companies still mostly do licensed stuff and not original/unlicensed stuff.
They're doing a dumbed down version of the Court of the Dead idea, pretty much, but Sideshow has the capital, means and talents to pull it off, and even they are not really sure if what they're doing will be worth it. What's the point with original characters if they only do Medusa 2948948394, Blonde Chick 487498, Other Blonde Chick 24824905, Undead Chick 239839 and so on.
Sales have been kinda slow. Secondary market is not there, people are not looking for those pieces the same way nobody is looking for any ARH piece (except the occasional guy looking for Medusa or Thor) and this is a problem, because if people realize that what they're buying will depreciate in value... they won't buy.
They had a MUCH better chance with their gods line and pissed it away, they could have done an actual line of characters, people like to commit to lines, it's what makes them repeat customers. They announced Poseidon and Hades years ago, then just let it die after doing Athena and Ares and their gold variants. By now they could have out a consistent line of 6-7 gods and they're fair share of repeat customers and niche spot in the market.
Oh, and they're doing half naked people all the time and yet they still can't paint skin tones for the life of them.

To sum things up, it seems to me that ARH is going backwards, as a company.
What they're doing now, considering the edition sizes and everything, looks more like they're just trying to survive.
Companies usually have their bunch of strong licenses that are the core of the sales, and then try to make unlicensed stuff as a side project, like Sideshow does, PCS has also been hinting that they wanted to to a fantasy creatures series (or dinosaurs).
You do not give up licenses to focus on original stuff, I agree with you that numbers of the Frazetta license probably weren't enough to justify a license renewal, but my point was... it's not the license in itself, it's the way it was handled.
Then again, I could be totally wrong. I mean, I'm pretty sure their statues are not selling big numbers and I'm 100% sure that secondary market for their stuff is just non existent. Maybe they're making a killing out of those action figures they do, no clue about those.

Sorry for the long ass post but I'm a huge Frazetta fan, huge Conan fan, in general huge fantasy fan, always been a huge classical-greek mythology fan (and egyptian too) since I was a kid, so I have no clue how ARH managed to push me away as a customer but I can tell with absolute certainty it's not about the licenses/themes, it's an issue of what they do and how they do it.

I think we have a similar taste in statues.
I have no interest in the naked women either and was interested in Frazetta, Conan, Tarzan and mythology.

I'm just going on statements by Ehren on here and Statueforum, that they were very disappointed with interest in Frazetta.
Would interest have greatly expanded if they released them faster? I don't know ...maybe I guess, but this is a hobby that is used to extremely long waits and other than Conan, I'm not sure what would have sold a large volume.
They were definitely hit hard by their factory screwing them over and had to spent a lot of time fixing issues. Not sure if that resulted in delays on the Frazetta line though.

They do need to get back to the gods. I'm not sure why they are resistant to that one. Multiple fans on the other forum are willing to keep buying.
I think their comic line and statue tie ins is a good idea with some real potential and am interested to see where it goes.

The Death Dealer III is the first ARH piece I've ordered (and probably the only), so I'm not familiar with their history but I do agree with Mule from seeing pics of their past work. I as well, have zero interest in naked woman statues or female statues in general. I believe I have 1 female statue in my entire collection and perfectly fine with it.

Death Dealer III is on course to ship next month right? Some of you mentioned the scrapping of the Farzetta license so I'm a bit confused.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

The Death Dealer III is the first ARH piece I've ordered (and probably the only), so I'm not familiar with their history but I do agree with Mule from seeing pics of their past work. I as well, have zero interest in naked woman statues or female statues in general. I believe I have 1 female statue in my entire collection and perfectly fine with it.

Death Dealer III is on course to ship next month right? Some of you mentioned the scrapping of the Farzetta license so I'm a bit confused.

All solicited statues will be coming out.
They just won't be doing a second phase of Frazetta.

Not sure which DD is which but I've seen pics of the Death Dealer on horse, on Facebook, and I admit it looked good. I'm not very sold on the horse's skin texturing (a tad too smooth) but it's really huge and paint looked good.
The one that really impressed me was their other Death Dealer tho, the one standing, it was sculpted by Caleb Nefzen and sculpt is really really crazy detailed. Price is a bit steep (it was 500$ I think) but if I had to pick a winner in their Frazetta line, it would be it, along with Atlantis. I might pick that DD up somewhere if by chance it comes out good.
But the rest, meh. Paint apps kill all the other statues, including Conan. The females, Huntress and Virgin of Mahars, look bad, especially the faces. The tigers in the Huntress statue look nothing like tigers, neither. I don't think that, sculpt and paint wise, ARH managed to get the right sculpting style for Frazetta characters. The Conan Fury of the Beast diorama done by Troy McDevitt has more of a Frazetta footprint and dynamism to it than any of ARH's pieces based on actual Frazetta drawings, imho.

ok thanks. Mule, the Death Death III is the one without the horse. I ordered the one w/o the horse because it really impressed me more the one on his horse. Crazy detailed indeed. The price was a bit steep but it also included an awesome color print in the same pose...Here are some pics:

7820bdb1cc95b5bb7120928277017805.jpg
54593a7bd6e08b39d2d91730fe6a010d.jpg
97f5b1cddad7d098fb5a35837e576023.jpg
3012754c1c204b16d12d6c94d1295045.jpg

Yep, I like that in the painted pictures on ARH website you can still see the fine texturing on all portions of the armor. Looking forward your pics when you get it (when is this supposed to arrive, btw?). If it's good, I'll try to snag one

DD3-1s.jpg

DD3-5s.jpg

As per ARH....the Frazetta statues will ship this month from China. My DD3 will be shipped directly to me instead of to the US and then to my doorstep. I expect it to be in my hands somewhere in July.

Yep, I like that in the painted pictures on ARH website you can still see the fine texturing on all portions of the armor. Looking forward your pics when you get it (when is this supposed to arrive, btw?). If it's good, I'll try to snag one

DD3-1s.jpg

DD3-5s.jpg
Thanks for the colored pics Mule.

Someone on here mentioned a couple pages back its supposed to drop by month's end and posted a pic from the factory with a ton of them on the tables...Its difficult to get ahold of them so who knows. I believe it's been sold out though for some time. ES of 100 or 150 I think, w/ print included.

Since we're talking, I'll chime in. What drew me to ARH were the classical mythological pieces: Athena, Spartacus, Minotaur, Ares, etc. The Conan and Frazetta stuff pushed it all to a new level, and it really seemed like ARH was going to be my go to company.

That the Olympians have petered out is disappointing, and some of the other mythological stuff--Perseus and the new Medusa--just doesn't inspire the way the old pieces did. Obviously the discontinuation of Frazetta pieces is disappointing, too.

The naked women angle isn't for me, either. No interest in their generic characters, but would love to see their interpretation of more classical stuff. The Minotaur is awesome, and I like the Achilles battle fury and the two gods they've released. How about someone like Odysseus? Helen of Troy or Aphrodite, if they want to market a seductress? Zeus would be a slam dunk.

Anyway, I think ARH tried growing a little too quickly and are trying to steady the ship. There was a time when I actually sold off some of my Sideshow pieces to fund ARH preorders, but I haven't felt so inspired for awhile. If they get back to basics, however, I think I'll get back on board.

Back