Statue ARH Studios Inc. and Troy McDevitt's Frazetta Atlantis Licensed 1:4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ehren mentioned it on statue forum.Their own stuff are selling better than the Frazetta.

Not surprising. Frazetta's sword and sorcery style caters to a small audience as opposed to the newer set more accustomed to Turner, Campbell and chatzoudis

Ehren mentioned it on statue forum.Their own stuff are selling better than the Frazetta.

There is a Tarzan happening.Tarzan is not part of Frazetta.

I know the croc dio was being revamped and there was talk about that and another piece with a gorilla. Not a lot of word here and from what others have posted I've no idea what to think.

Tarzan was mentioned originally as part of the Frazetta line.

Theyve got a lot of stuff about to roll i think. Death Dealer 1 and also 3 i think are both shipping at months end. Dont know bout this one and huntress

Theyve got a lot of stuff about to roll i think. Death Dealer 1 and also 3 i think are both shipping at months end. Dont know bout this one and huntress
Can't wait for Death Dealer 3...end of month would be freaking incredible!!!! fingers crossed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

The termination of the Frazetta line may also terminate my interest in the company altogether. I had refused to preorder any of their Frazetta pieces until at least one of them came out so I could hear about in-hand reviews. Now that the line is canned and my favorite one (the John Carter one) isn't being made, it seems like an easy pass on the line as a whole. I might try to snag the Barbarian at some point and maybe DD1, but aside from that I can live.

I have nothing against ARH, but the random half naked women just aren't something I am interested in.

I had high hopes for the Frazetta line as well. They were also going to do 1:6 scale dioramas of some of the larger Frazettas if I remember correctly- too bad. Im more into nostalgia and not much into the original properties. I may still be interested tho in the random Conan or Tarzan that comes around.

Sad to see Erin go also, hope he sticks around on the boards

Whole thing was handled poorly.
They have bad quality control and bad customer service, with people popping up continuously reporting flawed pieces and getting dumb answers from the CS. They showed a ton of pieces a lifetime ago and none has come out yet so people just waited to see in hand pics and meanwhile sales were poor (who could have expected it, huh).
Their sculpts overall have improved, paint apps are still subpar compared to any other company, but they just can't make the best out of their stuff, they appeal a very small portion of collectors and they don't seem to be able to really draw them in. Somewhere along the line, they half ass things.

And they keep on pushing and pushing with their sophomoric ideas of random over sexualized women with silly elementary school backgrounds and dull generic fantasy designs. Sooner or later they'll realize that with the current competition and rising prices, less and less people are willing to spend money on such things just to have a sculpted ***** on display.

Frazetta line could be gold... in the right hands. Which definitely excludes ARH.

I though some of what ARH did for the Frazetta line looked great, especially the Conan stuff. My biggest want being Tarzan but unfortunately it ended before anything happened. Their new Tarzan ape dio looks good but I'm not 100% so I haven't ordered, still might but after SDCC.

Their Frazetta stuff is awesome, just short lived. DD1 production shots are starting to surface and looking right on so far. Hard to believe they werent selling as well as their naked chicks, but if thats their market its their market. Personally I would have kept the Frazetta license just to boost my company's name/image- even if I scaled back on releases.

Their Frazetta stuff is awesome, just short lived. DD1 production shots are starting to surface and looking right on so far. Hard to believe they werent selling as well as their naked chicks, but if thats their market its their market. Personally I would have kept the Frazetta license just to boost my company's name/image- even if I scaled back on releases.

:exactly: ARH will hopefully find their niche (with or without all the scantily clad ladies) and continue or go under.

I was attracted to ARH for their Frazetta and Conan statues, and an occasional greek god. I have a few on order and hopefully they will arrive safe and sound in the coming months. However, I have no interest what so ever in their female statues of non descript caracters. I sure hope someone will pick up the Frazetta license.

/*
Whole thing was handled poorly.
They have bad quality control and bad customer service, with people popping up continuously reporting flawed pieces and getting dumb answers from the CS. They showed a ton of pieces a lifetime ago and none has come out yet so people just waited to see in hand pics and meanwhile sales were poor (who could have expected it, huh).
Their sculpts overall have improved, paint apps are still subpar compared to any other company, but they just can't make the best out of their stuff, they appeal a very small portion of collectors and they don't seem to be able to really draw them in. Somewhere along the line, they half ass things.

And they keep on pushing and pushing with their sophomoric ideas of random over sexualized women with silly elementary school backgrounds and dull generic fantasy designs. Sooner or later they'll realize that with the current competition and rising prices, less and less people are willing to spend money on such things just to have a sculpted ***** on display.

Frazetta line could be gold... in the right hands. Which definitely excludes ARH.

The Mule, everybody...He'll be here all week. Thank you, Mule.

Except their naked ladies seem to be selling well.
And they're linking them with their comic books to create interest in their own characters. Clever if they can pull it off.
And No license fees or dealing with rights holders.

A John Carter (and Princess) statue dio would have been nice before they finished with Frazetta though.
But apparently people just aren't that interested. The maths obviously didn't add up or they would have kept the license.

I'm more disappointed that they tried out 2 different Tarzan vs croc dios (Frazetta and original) and ended up not going with either.
I'm all in for the Tarzan ape dio though.

Back