Statue ARH Minotaurus 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can do without the art box to save $$. However I would pay marginally more to get the proper styro.

Your asking a guy with a Lamborghini if he'd be ok paying $50 more for premium Styrofoam/packaging???

The minotaur looks good. I'd like one with my Medusa at some point.

Yes right but you know his very opinionated ;)
Btw, I saw only a few on hand at ARH, they are almost sold out there
Again they made lower than the 300 ES. Sometimes less is more

I'm shocked this hasn't sold out yet. It's one of my favorite statues of 2014.

I would also pay extra, $50 is a a lot but that styro SUCKS, and if it would be cheaper just to do the styro and no art box (30 or 40?) I would absolutely be willing to pay the extra. Obviously I would prefer not too, but that styro is essentially cancer, also not surprised if somehow the materials gave you actual cancer :p

Your asking a guy with a Lamborghini if he'd be ok paying $50 more for premium Styrofoam/packaging???

The minotaur looks good. I'd like one with my Medusa at some point.

:lol

Congrats Chris, thanks for the review

About the packing once we hit the 500 sale mark we get to use digital design stryo but since we made less than the ES of 300 we had no choice but to use the styro again. We are experimenting with new type of foam to ship these, however some are too big and too heavy.

Question for you, would you like to see an option for LOW ES, and premium shipping we can charge for?
So lets say, this statue with the same price but you pay like $50 more and get the super design and colored box and the hard styro? Let call it the Premium Mino came this way, how many do you think would be happy paying this? Would you consider it? I have asked, most are telling us they rather save the money as they just store theses boxes.

Ahh I see, thanks for explaining that. To answer your question though, yes, I'd pay the extra $50 for better foam and packaging. I can understand some collectors positions of not wanting an art box to save cash. But for me, I look forward and enjoy the "experience" of receiving an opening a new piece. From beginning to end I take it all in. That means opening up to really nice unique Art boxes and high quality styro. For me it makes me appreciate just a little more what's inside the box and also speaks to the type of quality I can expect when I pull the statue out of the box.

Only thing I can compare it to is something like CM,ECC or XM packaging. When you see the level of quality built into their boxes it builds the hype and gets you excited even before you see the statue. Now I know you're probably not aiming to go that crazy and probably something closer to what SS uses, but still, I'm not just paying for the statue in the box...I want the whole package experience when a new statue arrives at my door.

When I buy an expensive new car I wouldn't want it delivered to me in a Walmart parking lot, I wanna drive it out of the showroom on a red carpet. It's all part of the experience.

Sure, the boxes go into storage after and you forget about it. But its a worth while addition. Speaking from a business standpoint it would also put you on an even playing field with other producers out there.

Personally I'd pay the $50 or even $100 for that feeling of satisfaction when opening a new piece. The way I see it, if you're going to spend $400-$1000 on a statue and then complain about an extra $50....you're collecting from the wrong company or in the wrong hobby.

Chris

:lol

Ahh I see, thanks for explaining that. To answer your question though, yes, I'd pay the extra $50 for better foam and packaging. I can understand some collectors positions of not wanting an art box to save cash. But for me, I look forward and enjoy the "experience" of receiving an opening a new piece. From beginning to end I take it all in. That means opening up to really nice unique Art boxes and high quality styro. For me it makes me appreciate just a little more what's inside the box and also speaks to the type of quality I can expect when I pull the statue out of the box.

Only thing I can compare it to is something like CM,ECC or XM packaging. When you see the level of quality built into their boxes it builds the hype and gets you excited even before you see the statue. Now I know you're probably not aiming to go that crazy and probably something closer to what SS uses, but still, I'm not just paying for the statue in the box...I want the whole package experience when a new statue arrives at my door.

When I buy an expensive new car I wouldn't want it delivered to me in a Walmart parking lot, I wanna drive it out of the showroom on a red carpet. It's all part of the experience.

Sure, the boxes go into storage after and you forget about it. But its a worth while addition. Speaking from a business standpoint it would also put you on an even playing field with other producers out there.

Personally I'd pay the $50 or even $100 for that feeling of satisfaction when opening a new piece. The way I see it, if you're going to spend $400-$1000 on a statue and then complain about an extra $50....you're collecting from the wrong company or in the wrong hobby.

Chris

Word of advice worth its weight in gold. Thanks Chris

Back