Action Figure ARH Medusa Maquette "Super EX" custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaijuboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all! I just wanted to share some pics of my custom "Super EX" Medusa. First off, let me just say what a FANTASTIC piece! My compliments to Arahom and Alex P for making such a great piece. My modifications are in no way a slight to the mass produced statue, this is just my take on “taking it to the next level", as any of you who may know of my custom works can see that I cant let things stay "stock"!

You'll see lots of small paint touch-ups and glossings/tinting on the eyes, snake hair, all the armor pieces, snake body, etc in the various pics, but here are the main highlights:

Medusa's eyes were glossed more, and her snake hair had some red added into them as well as fangs

Fangs2.jpg

Fangsside2.jpg

Stone victim weathered and a custom made arrow (matching those in quiver) inserted into leg (removable).

Before & After
Mvictimbeforeandafter.jpg

Mvictimarrowed.jpg

All armor parts where glossed and touched up with metallic liquid leaf:

Before & After
MedusaArmorBandA.jpg

Here's a pic showing the bow 1/2 way done (on left side) to see the huge difference:

Bowpaint.jpg

Shield repainted to in “Clash of Titans”-esque color scheme:
(with the exception of a gold burst pattern [the movie had a black burst pattern] on the inside and the obvious leather handles [ movie had solid metal] )

Before
Mshieldbefore2.jpg

After
Mshieldafter2.jpg

And Yes, it is reflective! (seen here reflecting medusa figure)

Mshieldinsidereflection.jpg

Continued in post #2!

Last edited:
Magnet added to Quiver to keep it in place better

Magnet, Magnet painted, and Magnet in Snake body
Quivermagnet2.jpg

Plug (magnetic as well) made for back in case you decide to display without quiver:

Raw & Painted
QuiverPlug.jpg

Snake body, pillar, & base all filled in (new weight = 63 pounds!).

Before & After
MedusaBodyholes2.jpg

Before & After
MedusaPillarHole2.jpg

Magnets added to hips for optional chain attachments optional chains. Small grooves added as well so as the chains dont interfer with torso attachment:

Before & After
Hipholes2.jpg

Optional Separate Bow (extra string slack for slinging over shoulder) and Kris Blade:

KrisandBow.jpg

Continued in Post #3!

Last edited:
Here's the naked "Hunter Medusa" (with optional cloth bracer for right arm)

MedusaBcucensored.jpg

Here's Stheno with optional Kris blade and new breast plate armor:

Sthennocu.jpg

SthennoLA.jpg

Old "Work in Progress" pic
Sthennoinprogress.jpg

Here's Euryale with optional skirt and bra top:

Eurylecu.jpg

EuryleRA.jpg

Here's a "Super Battle Medusa" with a mish-mash of several of the accessories:

MedusaCcu-1.jpg

PS. Stheno & Euryale were the other 2 gorgons besides Medusa (for those that dont know) :wave

Here's a pic of all the custom separate accessory pieces made for her:

Extrapieces.jpg

I also have plans for making a scabbard for her (attached via the hip chains), a shield (attached via magnetic leather straps!), and a couple of other chest armor ideas. I’d love to take a stab at one with human legs (I have some crazy ideas for that one! ;) )

Anyways, enjoy and please let me know your thoughts!

Last edited:
A real pleasure to see Medusa Super Ex, with that extra touch she's looking real good
Thanks for sharing

A real pleasure to see Medusa Super Ex, with that extra touch she's looking real good
Thanks for sharing

Thanks for the all the compliments!

OMG you are the man!!! This is incredible! I kno who im coming to if I need something Customized!

Thanks, and my workshop is always open to all who want stuff customized, painted, repaired, etc! Im just a PM away! :wave

Love the mods you did here Kaiju! These mods look like a must have for this piece. ;)

Sad when you cant show statue boobs.

I had that same conversation with the rep at photobucket. It was the most ridiculous thing to censor art especially we are talking about statues. They denied my request for refund so I told them I would take actions with my credit card so they end up returning my money back. Flickr is the best way to go. They don't censor nude art & statues

Back