Statue ARH Conan W/Slave Girl and 8FT Snake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not a good sign when McFarlane's 1/8 figure (which looks like the reference for this statue) is more detailed and intricate than the 1/4 statue.

10s9a37.jpg

I agree...

Edit: let's forget it and wait for better pictures ... hopefully there will be better pics, this statue needs them badly.

Thanks for editing that.

These guys have worked extremely hard on this piece. They've been great and polite every time they made a post on this forum and others. This is a huge opportunity and they are trying to please us every way that they can. Now he should have realised that the internet is full of a bunch of trolls and people who are just gonna be disrespectful to be disrespectful. The good news is that they are giving us an opportunity to, as a community, be apart of making this a great statue. Instead of bashing, we should help make this into something we would want on our shelves. How often do members of Sideshow come into the fan created forum and seek advice of how they can make their prototype product better. Averone has been communicating with us daily. It's not fair that the last posts that he's had to type have been in defense of nonsensical insults. Let's just wait it out for the con and give constructive criticism afterwards.

I mean you don't see us going in there bashing Rage of the Undying for the hideous face or the pose in which nobody has ever stood like that in the age of man.

We added a bit of blood and dirt. I'm so very excited for you to see Conan.

There are three versions, due to agreement with SSC, solicitation will start later for this statue, when they are ready.

Regular
Regular EX - ES only 300

And

The diorama EX

We are taking reservations, for our ARH EX tomorrow from the show and for the duration of the show.
The regular and Diorama EX will have ES- TBD

Thanks for editing that.

These guys have worked extremely hard on this piece. They've been great and polite every time they made a post on this forum and others. This is a huge opportunity and they are trying to please us every way that they can. Now he should have realised that the internet is full of a bunch of trolls and people who are just gonna be disrespectful to be disrespectful. The good news is that they are giving us an opportunity to, as a community, be apart of making this a great statue. Instead of bashing, we should help make this into something we would want on our shelves. How often do members of Sideshow come into the fan created forum and seek advice of how they can make their prototype product better. Averone has been communicating with us daily. It's not fair that the last posts that he's had to type have been in defense of nonsensical insults. Let's just wait it out for the con and give constructive criticism afterwards.

I mean you don't see us going in there bashing Rage of the Undying for the hideous face or the pose in which nobody has ever stood like that in the age of man.

Thank you!
We plan to squash any doubts tomorrow by showing our prototype.

There are three versions, due to agreement with SSC, solicitation will start later for this statue, when they are ready.

Regular
Regular EX - ES only 300

And

The diorama EX

We are taking reservations, for our ARH EX tomorrow from the show and for the duration of the show.

After doing some home research, due to me having four daughters and a wife there is no way that slave girl will be allowed in my house lol. So if possible, I would also like to do a PM to somehow remove her in the future if possible. Unless she comes with a cloak :)

Its not a good sign when McFarlane's 1/8 figure (which looks like the reference for this statue) is more detailed and intricate than the 1/4 statue.

10s9a37.jpg

Our inspiration is this art

null_zpsef7fb709.jpg

Not the Toy by McFarlane's 1/8. Arahom actually had not seen the toy, as the pose is very common it's very easy to say that it's based on the Toy.
And I wanted the snake instead of walking dead guys, so we get the snake :)

What a waste of money this piece is

124 posts in 3 years on this forum and this is one of your shining moments? WTF is wrong with people? Constructive criticism serves a purpose. This is arrogance at its worst. It's not your hard work being shown and open to criticism in front of thousands of people. Show some respect. :lecture

tumblr_mkz9zaEuMu1r7ssjeo1_400.gif

124 posts in 3 years on this forum and this is one of your shining moments? WTF is wrong with people? Constructive criticism serves a purpose. This is arrogance at its worst. It's not your hard work being shown and open to criticism in front of thousands of people. Show some respect. :lecture

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Regular
Regular EX - ES only 300

And

The diorama EX

Can you break it down to us ,what is regular ,what is regular ex and the diorama??
what will be offered by Sideshow and what by ARH?

Last edited:
Honestly don't know why anyone even bothers with this other stuff. ARH or SS, Moore hit it out of the park years ago and his brother is beyond a doubt one of the best painters I have seen and hits this piece out of the park all the time.

It's because I can't get enough of the Cimmerian. It's still nice to have other interpretations of our favorite Barbarian.

True, Moore hit it out the park but how could he go wrong? His skills, plus the master Frazetta's art and direction not to mention a paint up by his brother Paul Moore. Cipriano had the same success using the exact formula with reelarts Snow Giants, another one of my favorites. In all fairness it will be nearly impossible to beat FF representation of Conan imo but Buscema is my second. :wink1:

IMG_61391_zps0b80dd21.jpg

IMG_61461_zps9eb7a417.jpg

IMG_61421_zpsdc788fba.jpg

I'm all for ARH to pull this off so I can enjoy another great interpretation of Conan in 1:4.

Last edited:
I may be in the minority here, but I love Cary Nords version of the bronze guy. It would have to be my favorite rendition.

Props brother. :yess:

Back