ARH 1:4 Leonidas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This friend of mine who got Leonidas, he's not picky, at all. He has the Iron Patriot Maquette and he's fine with it - that thing is a mess.
For him to reject a statue, it's a real accomplishment.
People (me included) are always very critical of Sideshow but seriously, Sideshow and all other companies are so much ahead of ARH it's not even funny, just compare it to the latest Conan PF, this is a crappy pic I took with my phone and the face details are ten times better than that joke in the pictures above (as is the rest of the statue):

View attachment 293143

Yeah man I own Conan Rage of the Undying and it's bizarrely good for Sideshow!

The new Blitzway Rocky is so far off the chart I don't know how they managed it. Sets a whole new bar!

Bltizway has its own factory and their head sculpts are made of PVC, so QC is very strict and the final paint application is on par with 1/4 Hot Toys for details and realism. It's really another level

The ARH stuff are mostly digital sculpts and loses a lot of details ,they come out smooth.

The ARH stuff are mostly digital sculpts and loses a lot of details ,they come out smooth.

If they come out smooth it's because they're sculpted smooth, with digital sculpting it's even easier to apply texturing, you just have to make the smaller details very deep so that they're crisp in the master print. The fact that the paint app has no shading at all and almost a gloss finish just makes things worse.

Bltizway has its own factory and their head sculpts are made of PVC, so QC is very strict and the final paint application is on par with 1/4 Hot Toys for details and realism. It's really another level

Oh is that how they do it.
I'd heard their owner was super rich and figured it was something like that. Owning and running your own factory would be handy lol

When your customer base is in the hundreds it may be wise to open every box for QC reasons because you cant survive with one bad product like this
ARH just did a unboxing video of another sculpture and it was like WOW -- ARH look before you ship !
Look in videos -- https://www.facebook.com/ARHStudiosfans/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf
I don't think there is 1 person on this forum who would not think well of a company that honestly said to them we are withholding a sculpture to upgrade it because of QC issues

When your customer base is in the hundreds it may be wise to open every box for QC reasons because you cant survive with one bad product like this
ARH just did a unboxing video of another sculpture and it was like WOW -- ARH look before you ship !
Look in videos -- https://www.facebook.com/ARHStudiosfans/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf
I don't think there is 1 person on this forum who would not think well of a company that honestly said to them we are withholding a sculpture to upgrade it because of QC issues

Just watched the video and didn't see anything wrong.What was wrong ?

I have quite a few ARH pieces and am happy with them: Conan and Snake, Minotaur, Angel of Death, original Achilles, Athena, and Ares. Also have Spartacus, though that one is a little lackluster. It's sad that instead of really breaking out, which they seemed to be poised for after the Frazetta announcement, they seem to have really fallen apart. The early reports on Death Dealer are good, so that's something.

I just received Arkhalla and I think she's amazing... I have Arhian head huntress as well, and she's one of my favorite 1/4 scale pieces. I have Medusa with legs on the way, and have preordered Arhian forever - I hope those pieces turn out well, and my experience with ARH to date has been fine.

Here's my hero shot of Arkhalla... I have more pics of her posted in the dedicated thread for her.

ARH Arkhalla 2 sm.jpg

First of all, let me point out a premise, which is a very relevant point: you are paying a premium on these statues, especially on the ones without license. Keep this in mind.

The paint apps are always a notch below the prototypes, with very fex exceptions, and the prototypes do not have impossible paint apps, at all.
Arhian is decent but the paint is very flat, especially the skin, eyes and hair, they just lack detail and shading.
The Death Dealers are overall good, but the one standing has lost a lot of detail during production (check the spots where he has scars and the armor), and the Death Dealer on horse shows the same flat paint app in the closeup pics (on a 1000$ piece, mind it).
Arkhalla seems good but again, these naked chicks with monotone skin paints are on par with generic comic piece done 10 years ago in terms of paint, there has been absolutely no progress, they just look like big resin dolls.
Medusa seems very good but again, it's 1000$ unlicensed piece, it just has to be good.

Overall ARH's quality is nothing more than HCG (so very low end), they're just more expensive for stuff that doesn't even require licensing. They totally lack finesse with the paint apps, the colors they use are washed out, which makes you wonder why exactly their stuff is priced at the price points they use (465$ for Arhian, 600$ for Arkhalla, just to mention two).
I won't get into the matter of their lousy art direction because I guess that's up to tastes, but sculpted vags is a new low to me.
If you want to see what good quality is, check out HMO's original lines, that's something really above average and with very limited ES too.
Whoever think this is "good" paint is deluded:

14440840_10154376427710519_7946654579055991630_n.jpg

14370038_10154376430955519_672363762573886477_n.jpg

14470502_10154376430395519_7148236007129737077_n.jpg

I'm happy with the Paint apps on ALL the ARH piece's I have gotten so far. Medusa, Arkhalla, Death Dealer and Frazetta Barbarian. If they have bad paint jobs on other piece's ok? I can point to most companies that had their share of bad paint jobs. I wouldn't have a problem buying more ARH piece's at all.

I just received my Leonidas EX today, I sold the smaller version to help pay for this one. Overall, I'm happy with the statue. I agree the EX head sculpt, non helmet version could be better, it is not the one I will put on the statue. The statue is a good size and I like option of being able to switch out the the shield. I think the paint job is fine, would have preferred all gold rather than copper and gold on the armor. Customer service was fine as well, answered my questions and processed my payments easily.

Back