Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace - 1/6th scale Darth Maul™ Collectible Figure (25th anniversary)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new screaming head sculpt looks like he’s reluctantly at the dentist, and the dentist is saying “ok, open wide…Wider…”

Attachments

• IMG_2555.jpeg
    IMG_2555.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 0
I would have preferred a "snarl" look too, but this one is tons better than the previous "laughing" sculpt.

If I got this to begin with I wouldn't be upgrading.

@Wor-Gar It’s only the THANKS codes you get sent for a SS order, and it seems like they can only be used for POs within the first few hours or day that a new figure goes up. I order from SS regularly but have only gotten a pair of those THANKS codes here recently after not getting even one all of 2023, I was starting to think people were making them up.

I'm impressed that Hot Toys is elevating their game by getting a sculptor out of the customizing world. Guess they ain't ready to give up the crown after all!
It’s not the first time. A good handful of newer sculpts are by custom artists from what we’ve heard.

Idk what the deal is with the coin. Seems kinda of no value? I PO'ed the one with the coin just because it was the same price but eh

Idk what the deal is with the coin. Seems kinda of no value? I PO'ed the one with the coin just because it was the same price but eh
It's for SS to pump their numbers of orders up.

A handshake, if you will. From HT to SS.

Obviously the coin means **** all. If you're a regular US based customer, buy the one with the silly coin, it'll help SS, HT's US distributor.

Everyone interested about Disney's earnings. I'd argue Sideshow should garner some interest.

It's for SS to pump their numbers of orders up.

A handshake, if you will. From HT to SS.

Obviously the coin means **** all. If you're a regular US based customer, buy the one with the silly coin, it'll help SS, HT's US distributor.
I just use SS for ease and security of order and not having to worry about international shipping. Not opposed to buying from other places but just go for the easiest first party one. Not sure why SS is so avoided here, aside from their lame shipping prices.

I just use SS for ease and security of order and not having to worry about international shipping. Not opposed to buying from other places but just go for the easiest first party one. Not sure why SS is so avoided here, aside from their lame shipping prices.
Well, a huge amount of folks here aren't US customers. And buying from Sideshow outside the US? That's just nasty, from a financial perspective.

Sideshow's existence essentially only matters or makes sense if you're a US customer, unfortunately.

Well, a huge amount of folks here aren't US customers. And buying from Sideshow outside the US? That's just nasty, from a financial perspective.
Well i totally get that, i dont like paying sideshow's domestic shipping prices. i can only imagine how much they charge for international lol.
But back to the topic, this Maul looks fantastic, Hot toys has been very hit and miss lately, and once in a while a really good one pops up

I've always wanted a definitive Maul. I have both SSC's versions and HT's, but none felt like this one feels to me haha. This one just blows every other Maul figure out in my opinion, and feels like it's straight out of the movie. The headsculpt brings me right back to being a kid waiting for TPM to come out, seeing Maul's promotional images. Maybe I'm weird, I dunno, I'm excited.

if you’re not getting an exclusive, it’s usually a little cheaper to order from other US based retailers (who still get their stock from Sideshow mind you) like Alter Ego Comics or Timewalker Toys for instance. You’re not stuck buying from international stores if you’re not buying direct from sideshow’s website. I usually buy from one of the aforementioned retailers b/c I don’t want to be charged tax on top of everything else, not to mention, other places don’t charge extra to double box 1/6 figures unlike sideshow.

Last edited:
I use them solely for their payment plan (flex pay) which I find extremely convenient. US customer here.

if you’re not getting an exclusive, it’s usually a little cheaper to order from other US based retailers (who still get their stock from Sideshow mind you) like Alter Ego Comics or Timewalker Toys for instance. You’re not stuck buy from international stores if you’re not buying direct from sideshow’s website. I usually buy from one of the aforementioned retailers b/c I don’t want to be charged tax on top of everything else, not to mention, other places don’t charge extra to double box 1/6 figures unlike sideshow.

I'd also add that Sideshow charges retail. Other places tend to charge a discounted price, no coupon or reward points needed. In fact if you factor in the money back from SS, you are still are paying more than other places. I just get from Sideshow for exclusives, or if an item is sold out everywhere else. SS tends to be the last to have stock for a while. Other places sell out quickly.

Back