Are you a "Joe" man or a Cobra man?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe or Cobra

• YO JOE!!!!!

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • COOOBRAAAA!!!!!

Votes: 45 65.2%
  • I played with Barbie.

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
Man, I will never recognize Duke as being the leader of the Joe team. I've read the comic books since it first came out and Hawk will always be the leader. Stupid cartoon series screwed it up.

COBRAAAAA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!!!!!!!!

Duke just played his rank in the toon. Hawk was the main man. I also like the toon over the comic. But the Filecards is the main cannon I choose, which do differ from the comic even though Hama wrote most of em.

Was a Joe guy sorta.
My guys more more along the lines of Black Ops.
Never yelled 'Yo Joe.
More like Die Mudda *******

I liked both sides, not really one or the other, but I voted Joe since there wasn't a both option. Both sides had cool looking figures.

I only really liked a handful of Joes, but the Cobra characters just really got me into this series. I loved Cobra Commander, Destro, Zartan, Storm Shadow (even though Snake Eyes was cooler), Baroness was hot... and paved the way for my love of kinky brunettes... :monkey3

Cobra all the way. Besides, they had cooler colors and costumes.

Hawk was the leader on the cartoon as well. Flint spells out the chain of command in an early 1986 episode. Hawk, then Duke, Flint, Beach Head.

Hawk didn't play a big role in the cartoon. Heck, we didn't see him until the second season. That's what blows.

Only problem is that G.I. Joe is no longer a real American Hero anymore as in the new movie, they will be a Global Team,as Hollywood will once again use their Globalism propaganda and ruin the representation of G.I. Joe,which to me ,respresented Freedom and Liberty against a tyrannical race of Hybrid Alien (Snake) Shapeshifters and cloned super troopers (Cobra).

on that note,I am looking forward to the 12" figures :)

cobra_recruit.jpg

This is a hard choice because there are really great villains. I mean look at the years 1983 through 1987
Cobra Commander
Destro
Major Bludd
HISS Driver
Baroness
Storm Shadow
Firefly
Wild Weasel
Copperhead
Zartan
Scrap Iron
Stinger Driver
The Crimson Guard Commanders - Tomax and Xamot
Crimson Guard
Torch
Ripper
Buzzer
Monkeywrench
Zarana
Zandar
Thrasher
Serpentor
Big Boa
Croc Master
Raptor
Zanzibar
Battle Armor Cobra Commader (Crimson Guard)
Techno Viper
Golobulus
Nemesis Enforcer
Cobra La Royal Guard

BUT, G.I. Joe, at least among my friends, was responsible for the big ninja craze of the 80's all because of Snake Eyes. As cool as all of the COBRA characters are, Snake Eyes is the defining character. If they were to do a Masterpiece collection like Takara did with Transformers, the first figure would be Snake Eyes in my opinion. Just like Optimus Prime for Transformers, Snake Eyes is the Joe, so decisions, decisions.

Oh, who am I kidding, I am COBRA Command through and through.

Joes rock! Forget Cobra and his mindless minions! They and their fans can play with Barbie till the cows come home. It's all about the Joes, boys!

GO JOE!!!!!!​

Back