Are we too easily pleased?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Refunding a non-refundable deposit for things that were stated at the outset as not guaranteed is the bare minimum?

In any business items are subject to change. Not replacing or offering an alternative for the change is illegal in most countries. Even online websites like Ebay have these rules in place.

SS have fixed my major beef with one of the pieces anyway so kudos to them for coming through. Good customer service.

nah man they done 1/4 Robocop, Scarface, T2, Kill Bill, LOTR over the years. I agree most of their stuff is 8" figs. NECA and SS are apples and oranges really I agree.

I think people are too easily pleased with badly painted resins, which is why I'd rather collect action figures & PVCs. But I haven't had much issues with my action figures. I'd say that with Hot Toys & Enterbay (I don't own enough EB's to judge, though), what we get is over 80% what we see. With resins, it's less than 50% IMHO.

But with these prices that don't look like any related to the production costs, I think we can indeed be picky.

Why do people rag on NECA man? NECA figs are what they are I think they're good value for the RRP.

I think NECA does the best toys, as long as we agree that they're toys.

I like art too much to collect NECA's (but it's great to start with - I started with MacFarlane toys), but what NECA does well are things like the Portal gun. As a serious collectible, it would easily have costed a thousand, NECA did it for a tenth of that, and from distance it's just great. It may even be better as a toy, as you can hold it without the fear of breaking it.
I wish NECA did anime stuff, those don't require much airbrushing & they would do large figures at low prices.

Back