Are there any Lawyers here or anyone familiar with Law???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nash said:
She's still going, just got this message.... again, I DID NOT threaten her AT ALL! She is crazy!

PYG18:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I am in possession of all the harrassment.
I have on retainer a private investigation firm, Mikani & Associates Law Offices. We use them, as all law firms do to locate people for serving them with law suits, locating where an E-mail has eminated from- it is called Cyberlaw, phone records, etc.
When we need to collect a judgment against someone they locate all of the information so we can place a levy on any bank account, lien on a car, lien on personal property like a computer, chair, or bed, garnish their wages at a job, have a tillkeeper take money from a business such as Ebay as it is paid, etc.
I have furnished them with your information. All of this work is legal and licensed.
Sideshow doesn't make a statue unless they obtain a license granting them permission. Did you obtain written authorization from them? Are you a statue collector that Sideshow's legal department wants to send one out to?
[/FONT]

This chick is INSANE! If she was really a lawyer, which it is clear that she isn't, she would know that you can not put a lien on such items. Has she paid you in full? If so, you need to make it clear to her than any further emails of this nature will be taken as harrassment, and will be forwarded to ebay. She can claim things all she wants, but you have the email evidence that can get her kicked off - and once you get the full payment and send the bust (you better pop for sig confirmation) I'd turn eBay on her asap.

ZombieReign said:
This chick is INSANE! If she was really a lawyer, which it is clear that she isn't, she would know that you can not put a lien on such items. Has she paid you in full? If so, you need to make it clear to her than any further emails of this nature will be taken as harrassment, and will be forwarded to ebay. She can claim things all she wants, but you have the email evidence that can get her kicked off - and once you get the full payment and send the bust (you better pop for sig confirmation) I'd turn eBay on her asap.
she has not payed me a single cent yet. I sent her an invoice for a $100 down payment until I get the actual item in hand. But she didnt pay me yet.

Keep in mind, all of this is happening within an 8 hour period! LOL! and yup i have every single email saved.

Thats a good call on sig confirmation bro! thanks for that tip!

Convoy said:
This person is no lawyer. Her sentence structure gives her away. She tosses a few legal terms around in an effort to scare people.

You're good, dude. If she wants to sue, then she'll sue. But her costs would far outweigh anything she'd get. Especially if you're in different states.

Exactly dude, I told her straight up in a polite tone over the phone that if she wanted to sue me or press legal charges against me to go right ahead. if she were to win she'd probably get a few hundred bucks....would that really make up for all the time/resources/money spent on bringing little ol' me to court?

just crazy..... :google

What the *****!? Just got this email 8am Central time.... seems like she took her meds?? I would have loved to speak to her, but she insisted on cursing me out and threatening me over the phone. Holy poo Im really really at a loss for words man. LOL!!!!

Hello Chad:

I do not want to argue with you.
You seem to think that a Non Paying Bidder report is a weapon you have against me; when you have a flawless history as I do with payment, it means nothing. You have to get a lot of them.

I would like to ask you sincerely & honestly why you wrote this E-mail to me. This is not an E-mail about who is right or wrong. It sounds like you were upset and you wanted to make me feel like you were going to not go through with the auction as you said.

The reason I am asking you is because the only way a transaction on Ebay is resolved is with seller and buyer communication.
You will see, if you want to waste the time, that Ebay writes back to everyone telling them to communicate with their buyer or seller. I have had a lot of experience with Ebay University & the executives at the Ebay Headquarters. I am not saying this to intimidate; I just have been very involved with Ebay since 1997.
A couple of weeks ago I had a professor of Ebay University over my apartment. I know Uncle Griff, the Dean of Ebay University, Meg Whitman, CEO/President from the international convention in Las Vegas last year and before.

I would like to speak honestly with you. Trust is the only way that a buyer/seller relationship can work.

Please, tell me why you felt like writing me the E-mail that you did about not knowing if you should cancel or relist it- that you don't have the money to relist it. We know that is not what this is about.

If we can communicate honestly and openly, then maybe we can resolve something.

I was very honest with you about him not returning my E-mails and calls; he admits he did not.

Please tell me why you really wrote the letter. Did you think I did something bad to him? I didn't feel safe with a transaction of this much money. Some people on Ebay who act like that do not send buyers the purchase.

I felt ok with you until I received this E-mail because it made me feel like you were not sure as a seller. Please, with no BS tell me why you played that little game.

If we could communicate, maybe we can rebuild trust.
Please don't give me a phony answer. I am 39 yrs old, I do own a law firm that my father established over 55 yrs ago, and I have 3 degrees.

I am not better than anybody. This is about trust. It made me feel that you were playing a game. I told you that Danny and I were canceling the transaction and that I did not feel comfortable with him as a seller.

Please tell me why you wrote that letter. Even if it was to play a game, you can tell me.

I look forward to hearing back from you sincerely. If you were going to buy a $600 item and someone sent you that E-mail, you would be very uncomfortable too.
It didn't make me feel safe just like Danny not returning my E-mails or calls did not make me feel safe.

This is not evidence and I am not playing a game with you. I am trying to re-establish some trust. If you can't talk to me honestly and openly about the reason you sent the E-mail along with request for payment, I cannot feel safe.

Thank you and please, I look forward to hearing back from you with sincerity. You said you didn't have the relist fee and when I offered it to you, you got angry and insisted this auction is solid.

Please be honest with me if you want us to fix anything.

Thank you for listening.

Sincerely,
Pam

looks like i have my first blocked bidder on ebay. what a loon:banana

My response to her:

Where do I begin?

First of all, the reason why I called you at your request was to answer these very questions that you have written in this email. yet you would not allow me to speak one word and insisted to insult me, curse me out, make homosexual references towards me, threaten me, and all while I tried to remain polite and calm.

I am really amazed that you have the audacity to send this email to me after what you have put me through and the things that you have said to me.

I in no way intended to play ANY games with you. I have been upfront and in good communication through this whole ordeal but that was not enough for you. I simply sent you that message stating that I felt uncomfortable to find out what YOU thought of the situation, not that I wanted to back out of the auction. I have not even spoken to Danny at that time, all I did was send him an email saying that I did not intend to sell my item over his, as a gesture of goodwill towards my friend. yet you use that as a homosexual reference and I am highly insulted by that, amongst so many other things that you have said to me, all of which I have recorded and saved.

Never once did I feel that I was giving you any reason to unsafe with the transaction. I was asking your opinion on it, I think that is a noteworthy thing to do. You, afterall, are about good communication and in my opinion when a seller has the courtesy to see how his buyer feels about a certain situation, how much better of a communicator could you really be?

Like I told you before Pamela, I am not afraid of your threats towards me, if you really want to put legal issues on this, I can not stop you. But i know that I have not done anything wrong. I have not insulted you verbally or in email form, yet you have insulted me countless times on both. Now you want to "re-establish trust" ??? I think that went out the window dont you?

Im going to keep my end of the bargain, I will receive my Scarface bust in 2-3 weeks (within Ebay pre-sale policy timeframe), and I will notify you when I have it ready to ship. In the mean time, you can prepay me $100 as stated in my auction which in fact is our contractual agreement. And in that contractual agreement it states that a buyer must send a payment within 7 days of auction end.

Thank you for this wonderful experience, and I hope that you have a great weekend!

-chad rockstartoys

First off, this buyer has some serious psychological issues. Maybe she suffers from a form of...

Bipolar disorder, also known as manic-depressive illness, is a brain disorder that causes unusual shifts in a person's mood, energy, and ability to function. Different from the normal ups and downs that everyone goes through, the symptoms of bipolar disorder are severe. They can result in damaged relationships, poor job or school performance, and even suicide. But there is good news: bipolar disorder can be treated, and people with this illness can lead full and productive lives.

Seriously, I think she forgot to take some meds. Report her. Get this resolved through Ebay and don't let her go on with this type of behavior. She is trying to play you some how with these emails. Just stop responding and go through ebay.

Wow, what a freak!:monkey4

nash said:
A couple of weeks ago I had a professor of Ebay University over my apartment.

Funny, I had the Ambassador of Paypal over for dinner last night.

Guys, im now thinking I should opt out of the auction. Not for legal issues, but for fraud on her part.

What if she gets it and claims it's damaged, etc. How can I protect myself against that? She can damage it herself and I as a seller am liable for that right? I have a bad feeling about this b*tch....

Nash...horrible situation. I really think all the attempts to straighten this out is going for naught. I wouldn't bother trying to "set things right".....you've attempted that time and again. The more you try to explain, the deeper she drags you down. I think her recent e-mail is an attempt to get you to say more of whatever she is clearly wanting to misunderstand. I would send her a final e-mail telling her in short, 1-syllable words that you have every intent of completing the deal, you are awaiting her $100down-payment (and within a finite time period -- no more than 3 days, or whatever you had agreed on). If not received by then, you would consider the deal a bust due to her non-payment in accordance with your initial agreement. Then also state that this is the last that you would correspond with her until you inform her that you are ready to ship (which will be done after the balance of the price has been sent to you -- again, with a stipulated "no later than" timeframe).

She will probably harangue you some more. If so, then you will have no choice but to tell her that you can no longer continue with this (and her harrassment and her libellous comments and threats). I wouldn't attempt to counter or respond to each of her e-mails. I'd let her innundate the e-mail with her poison and her delusions. Then I would respond once and FINAL time, keeping it short and focusing my comments very narrowly on the business transaction. You might wind up eating this auction and you might wind up getting a negative. But you beat her to the potential punch that she keeps over your head....let her know in your final response to her (when you end the communication) that you will be contacting e-bay yourself and lodging a complaint. Then do it. (don't forget to forward them the parts about her being buddies with the e-bay bigwigs -- that'll give them a huge laugh I think).

I would've disassociated myself and sent in a complaint to e-bay a long time ago and let the chips fall where they may. The garbage she's spewing and games she's playing isn't worth $.02, let alone $200. Is the potential of getting one negative on your feedback worth all this?

WOW!
... just wow

I'd bet she has NONE of the connections or law experience she claims.
She's crazy and jobless and watches enough COurt TV shows while she sits her looney jobless ass on the couch everyday to think she can BS her way thru law threats

The stupid crazy threats she has sent you would DEFINITELY be used against her as a representation of her character in court. And if she really has any law experience she'd know all of that has already given you a slam dunk case if she really tried to take you to court.

talk about F'n COOKOO:duh

Thanks for the advice Rumi. I wish I knew what to file with Ebay from the get go. The only thing I have filed so far is the harassment email claim, but Im not sure what they do with that.

I have thought about it, and she just sent me an email saying that she KNOWS that I will send her the bust broken, or not at all.

This set off an alarm and im thinking if I do send her the bust, shes going to damage it herself and try to put the blame on me. Then I'll be stuck with returning it to sideshow and having to go on with this ordeal yet again.

I think it's time I just cut the cord on this, as much as I'd like to see her stuck with paying the full amount. damn

She's apparantly already anticipating having problems with the item. And I wouldn't put it past her to claim damage..even if it wasn't. This could drag on ad nauseum. Your thought about cutting the cord is sound IMO -- you're not gonna win on this no matter what. I'd send her a final reply....something of the nature of: since it's obvious from your comments that you have little confidence in me or my integrity, it would be best for both of us to end this transaction. This will allow you to pursue purchase of the item elsewhere. Any further communication from you would be considered harrassment.

I think you've taken enough and are justified in this action. Perhaps other, more savvy e-bayers could provide you the right path on what to do with e-bay. Dunno if the below link will be of any help.
https://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/programs-investigations.html

Wetanut said:
She's apparantly already anticipating having problems with the item. And I wouldn't put it past her to claim damage..even if it wasn't. This could drag on ad nauseum. Your thought about cutting the cord is sound IMO -- you're not gonna win on this no matter what. I'd send her a final reply....something of the nature of: since it's obvious from your comments that you have little confidence in me or my integrity, it would be best for both of us to end this transaction. This will allow you to pursue purchase of the item elsewhere. Any further communication from you would be considered harrassment.

I think you've taken enough and are justified in this action. Perhaps other, more savvy e-bayers could provide you the right path on what to do with e-bay. Dunno if the below link will be of any help.
https://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/programs-investigations.html
:clap :clap :clap

Although your situation stinks, I believe this is the right thing to do. Let her go because this sell will only lead to trouble. I have a feeling this was her main objective from the start but sometimes you just can't win.

Ive just cut the cord, and she agreed to mutually cancel the auction.

what a ride it has been, and thanks for everyone who chimed in to give advice or their thoughts. This is definitely a learning experience for me and hopefully you guys too! PYG18 is now on my blocked bidder list. thank God!

Although I would have loved to show up in court with my ripped Abercrombie jeans and Armani Exchange dress shirt to see the look on her face when she found out im about $100,000 in debt from college :lol

nash said:
Ive just cut the cord, and she agreed to mutually cancel the auction.

what a ride it has been, and thanks for everyone who chimed in to give advice or their thoughts. This is definitely a learning experience for me and hopefully you guys too! PYG18 is now on my blocked bidder list. thank God!
I still think it's a shame that she got her way but I understand you had to cut the cord. She was wonky and I hope to never deal with someone like that.

yeah i know what you mean bro, i wanted her to be stuck with me so bad...but in the end I think she would have done anything to make sure that I appeared as the bad guy.

OMG Nash, I seriously cant believe what you went through. I just finished reading it all. She was one absolutely crazy *****. Some people just astonish me, Im so sorry you went through that and thanks god its over for you.
Feeling pretty speechless just from reading that.

Wow that lady is some crazy woman. I would love to see here try and sue you, that would be pretty funny it would be thrown out pretty fast.

What would be even funnier is if here phone number and email address got leaked somehow:monkey3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back