Are any NECA figures from China legit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought NECA Robocop ed-209 from Hong Kong on ebay.
Do bootlegs exist for this one?

Didn't pay attention, should've ordered from the States.

Picked up Neca 1/4 Joker off Ebay to go with HTs 1/4 Batman and the EB 1/4 Bats. Pretty sure he's a bootleg. Joints are not ratcheted. The sculpt seems off. Some paint apps off. The machine gun is missing. Yes, its from China.

I bought the black n white versions like 4 to 5 yrs ago and pretty sure are legit. I bought off evbilbay and came from far east dont remember exact but still happy with them. I dont know what i'd look for on them being fake's ? I know they even turn or glow green under my blacklight.

I know the comic con exclusive came with the baby turtle's mine did not but still love n display nice.

there are neca 1/4 fakes out there, just returned a 1/4 arkham knight bats, the box's look identical, open it up it has no elbow joints, no knee joints basically no articulation other than the whole arm moves, guys in brisbane, australia just be wary there are a few collectibles stores selling these, that obviously have no idea, luckily that is one less place that is selling them, i will be sure to notify neca about this as there is no mention of this anywhere.

Its packaged, so that makes the chances of it being fake a LOT less. Plus I haven't ever heard of fake NECA figures. They are too cheap to begin with for there to be any profit in faking them I think.

them ninja turtles were notorious for being fakes. they all come with packaging and looks so similar to original even hobby shops can't figure them out unless you look for the smallest details for hints.

but that doesn't mean they are 100% fake, some maybe going tru backdoor and declared as QC non-pass. just like the star wars figures (which usually came loose and without the original weapons).

Picked up Neca 1/4 Joker off Ebay to go with HTs 1/4 Batman and the EB 1/4 Bats. Pretty sure he's a bootleg. Joints are not ratcheted. The sculpt seems off. Some paint apps off. The machine gun is missing. Yes, its from China.

i saw a fake one of these as well at a collectibles store, no leg or arm joints, no accessories, but yet there it was in a proper neca box, even stating it had articulation in the joints and accessories on the box, selling for the same price as genuine as neca article

Back