Are any NECA figures from China legit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Web_Head91

Super Freak
Reaction score
I always see on eBay that sellers in China sell NECA figures for damn good prices, but it makes me nervous.

I used to work in the claims department of eBay, so I'm aware that a TON of stuff sold from China is fake. However, most of the claims filed regarding Chinese items are fake iPods, iPads, Blackberry phones, etc. Electronics.

I know that to some people, counterfeit figures are no big deal. But I don't like the thought of owning anything that's not legit. I want quality, safe figures.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

https://https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-NECA-Harry-Potter-and-the-Order-of-the-Phoenix-RON-Weasley-7-figure-S1-/260875300854?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbd612ff6

Fair price, seller has good feedback, box of the supposed figure looks legit. But who knows? I've NEVER bought a figure from China directly.

Its packaged, so that makes the chances of it being fake a LOT less. Plus I haven't ever heard of fake NECA figures. They are too cheap to begin with for there to be any profit in faking them I think.

Its packaged, so that makes the chances of it being fake a LOT less. Plus I haven't ever heard of fake NECA figures. They are too cheap to begin with for there to be any profit in faking them I think.

I wouldn't count on packaging as a sign of whether or not it's legit. Even that can be counterfeited and made to look convincing.

There was a big thing about NECA's Ninja Turtles being counterfeited not long ago. Out of the packaging, they had tell tale signs that distinguished them from the real deal. The figures themselves weren't that expensive when NECA first released them, but intense demand among fans drove up the value, so a single one ended up going for several times the original.

Look out for the price and compare to what the real deal is currently going for. Also, if you notice them selling a lot on eBay or loads from one seller, then it's probably wise to steer clear.

Plus I haven't ever heard of fake NECA figures.

Randy @ NECA posted on his Twitter that there ARE bootleg figs out there. Some factory in China is making Assassin's Creed 3 figs and putting NECA's name on it.

To the OP, I'd just send that auction to NECA's Twitter and asking them if it's legit, if you're really concerned about it.

Oh they are out there. Ive seen several on ebay. Most notable is the Zombie Ed from Shaun of the Dead.

Figure was never officially released by NECA because the molds were stolden. Fakes pop up all the time of that figure.

I would say they are fake. For example the NECA TMNT figures coming out of China are fakes. I've seen the bootlegs which are similar in sculpt except they differ in the kind of plastic that is used for bandana, belt and knee/elbow pads: bootlegs use harder plastic while authentic figures use softer plastic than can bend easily. Besides that, bootlegs also have bent feet. Otherwise its hard to tell Best would be just not to buy any NECA figures from China.

Randy @ NECA posted on his Twitter that there ARE bootleg figs out there. Some factory in China is making Assassin's Creed 3 figs and putting NECA's name on it.

To the OP, I'd just send that auction to NECA's Twitter and asking them if it's legit, if you're really concerned about it.

Wow! What a great idea. I'll do just that. :blissy

There's another seller who's selling these HP Neca figures I'm seeking out, and they say they are located in both Australia and Hong Kong, so it depends on where they ship orders from based on inventory. So in other words, I may or may not get a knock off. :wink1:

Every 1:4 Scale Neca Predator I find over here in Malaysia is a fake. They must've been dead serious about the limited runs.

Well, I gave the item number to Neca on their twitter, and they replied with, "Looks like ours". I mean, that's as much reassurance as they could give regarding an online listing. They also said they were sure that I could find them online domestically if I didn't want to buy from China, to which I replied that I simply cannot to save my life haha. They didn't seem at all skeptical about me buying from China.

I dunno, maybe I'm just being too obsessive over this. It's as I said before, though. They are tough to find, but I'd rather not have them at all than have fakes.

I have owned a few bootlegs. There were a number if bootlegs released of Sota's Street Fighter line. Since they were produced from the original molds, it was hard to distinguish unless you knew what you were looking for, such as fewer tones in the paint apps and the card appearing a little pixelated since it was a scan.

I once picked up 3 Resaurus Street Fighter knock offs at a local fair. They were far more obvious to begin with since the packaging on two of them said "Super Fighter." The figures themselves were obviously recast as they lacked articulation, had large circular holes in each part, and were completely missing paint in some areas.

To summarize from my experience, you'll know the minute you see it if it's a recast, but if it used the original mold, look closely at the card for signs that it was scanned. You won't know until you have it in hand, unfortunately.

All the neca kratos figs from china are fakes, I've also been trying to find a dc direct illidan form statue but all I can find are Chinese sellers.

Well guys, it turned out to be a fake. Really quite obvious. The paint was REALLY pungent, sticky, and the tones didn't match my other HP Neca figures. The quality of the plastic was poor, too. It was all really pliant, way more so than my other HP figures. The wand also helped give it away. The other figures' wands are very stiff. I was able to bend this knock off wand nearly in half, without it even threatening to break. It's a good thing I know for sure, to never buy Neca figures from China again. Even when Neca themselves say they think it looks legit.

Just to add to this. Most likely fake bootlegs from China:

TMNT
Old 79 Alien
Alien vs Predator 2-pack
Terminator 2 wave 3 (?)
Krators
Predators (the wave w/ jungle mask)

Back